Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I dunno. I like my Z10 and my Android phones for different reasons. The Z10 is more efficient for communication. Unified hub for all communications, excellent gesture based UI and outstanding keyboard. I've yet to find an app that I use on daily basis that isn't available for the Z10.

Currently swapping between my N4, One X and Z10.

They are all fantastic phones.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

While you might not feel there are a lack of apps the average person does with respect to BlackBerry. That was always a bone of contention for me when I had a blackberry and of course it was the constant refrain of many other people

I'm not saying that NO ONE will buy a forthcoming BB. What I am saying is that BB will never recover it's preeminence in the smartphone field. Their ship has sailed, thanks to the mismanagement of the former co-CEO's.
Sent from Note 2

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a blackberry pearl and a blackberry torch a few years ago and I must say I loved them both but I wouldn't leave my note 2 to go back to them unless maybe they had a phone with a 5" screen :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
While you might not feel there are a lack of apps the average person does with respect to BlackBerry. That was always a bone of contention for me when I had a blackberry and of course it was the constant refrain of many other people

I'm not saying that NO ONE will buy a forthcoming BB. What I am saying is that BB will never recover it's preeminence in the smartphone field. Their ship has sailed, thanks to the mismanagement of the former co-CEO's.
Sent from Note 2

Apparently the "average" person doesn't, seeing as the average person will use their phone to text, email, surf the web, listen to music and post on twitter and Facebook. There are only a few semi-major apps missing and all of those (Netflix, instragram etc.) will be on bb10 in less than a month.

And please, stop trying to compare app selection on old Blackberries to BB10. It's a completely different platform and can easily port android apps.

We get that you didn't like your old Blackberry. We know you're unable to comprehend that things change. Please just move on. Desperately ragging on a device lauded by reviewers, that you've never used yourself, simply because you had a crappy Storm back in the day and it's getting kinda tiresome.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

What, a security app, that's phone based rather than server based, has no history of use and no approval from any government or independent security agencies with a bonus of not even being available until the end of Q2?

LOL, man, have fun with your continued hunt through Google News, fervently grasping at anything that even resembles a straw.

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind, when Android first came to the public with G1. Android don't have that much selection of apps. I still remember it was less than 50 in Android Market (currently Google Play) on release day. And now look what happen, more than 700,000 apps in Google Play now. It amazing how far Android have come. BB might be more successful because they have more experience with mobile than Google did with G1. Their big pro is their enterprise support.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
What, a security app, that's phone based rather than server based, has no history of use and no approval from any government or independent security agencies with a bonus of not even being available until the end of Q2?

LOL, man, have fun with your continued hunt through Google News, fervently grasping at anything that even resembles a straw.

I'm not hunting using Google

Sent from Note 2

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope BB can do better as well. My husband, who cares nothing about glitz and only about function, returned a BB tablet that we only paid $99 for at a Black Friday sale, because it wouldn't sync his email without his Blackberry being tethered. For a company where it was "all about the email", that was pretty stupid.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I hope BB can do better as well. My husband, who cares nothing about glitz and only about function, returned a BB tablet that we only paid $99 for at a Black Friday sale, because it wouldn't sync his email without his Blackberry being tethered. For a company where it was "all about the email", that was pretty stupid.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Yeah, the playbook seemed half baked to me.

MilnerR

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I really like BlackBerry products, I've got two PlayBooks (a 16GB and 64GB) which I use on a regular basis. I really wanted a Z10 and I came very close to getting one, if it had been ?350 instead of ?480 then I wouldn't be posting in the Android forums I'd still be on CrackBerry (I still am just not as much). The Z10 is a lovely phone and I can't fault anyone who has opted for it. It just wasn't quite special enough for me to part with my money. The other issue is the way Blackberry manage their customers expectations also which frustrated me. On the playbook we waited for months for OS updates to add a bit of functionality that should have been there in the first place. I feared that BB10 would be dogged by similar issues i.e. apps promised "sometime soon" bugs and other functionality fixes promised "sometime soon." I didn't fancy spending nearly ?500 on a phone and then spend a year waiting for the promised land in terms of functionality. I don't regret getting a Note 2 (yet to find something it won't do) but I was afraid that I would regret getting a Z10 after the initial new-toy novelty wore off. Maybe I've been unfair to Blackberry and Z10 in which case, I apologise.

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
and if people start compare Android 1 with BlackBerry 10 you'll complain that it's unfair :) You cannot compare BlackBerry several years ago and BlackBerry 10.

P.S. I don't try to convert you or even convince to try it, it was just a remark

Hmmm... Did I say BB 10? I starting using Android at Froyo (2.2?, IIRC), and even that was much better than whatever version of BB I had just previous to that. I only know my own personal experience, and all I know about BB 10 is what has been written up on various relevant web sites. I'm not about to go and buy another new device just to try out an OS that I already find inadequate, to replace an OS that I love. Besides, although BB 10 may have some good features (Autotext being one), from the reviews and the current state of the market, it's probably too little, too late, so I'm not interested in a dead-end, either. Personally, unless something changes, I give BB about 2 years--max, and then they're gone.

Android Fanboy? If the shoe fits... I guess so. And I'm OK with that. ;-)

Last edited:

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I may agree with you if it were not for the sales they have had. I have had one since they first came out and rarely pickup me Note 2. I have had all types of phones and currently have an IPhone 5, Note 2 and my Z10 and use my Z10 as my daily driver. I have found it to be the most capable, fluid, and and fast for communication which is what I do most. For my needs it is the best, and for my wife who likes games and toys the IPhone is best. I like all the devices but people have to realize that a phone is like your underwear they are a person all choice and your choice may not fit everyone else's.

Just be thankful for what you have and stop bashing the competition, and I am sure if you played with all the different Os out there you would find something is all that you liked.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just left Blackberry after 6 years, I should have left 4 years ago. IMO blackberry time has come and gone. The BB10 is a all "new" Blackberry thats still behind the current smartphones , glad I woke up and joined the 21st century with ANDROID SAMSUNG GALAXY S3.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
This thread is a joke. This is an android forum.

Mods please close
There are plenty of us here who are interested in knowing more about all the available options. I'd prefer the thread be kept open so that other users with the new BB 10 phones can share their experiences with those of us who have Note 2s.