Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

HafeezAkmal

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
i'm a BlackBerry hardcore user myself. tried the BB Z10 & i've to admit that the software tweaks can't be considered as little. it was way too much better than their legacy OS. but personally, i prefer the Note 2 than the new BB. in terms of functionality, IMO the Note 2 still win hands down. some people said that Androids are all but gimmicky, but guess what - i used to leave the Note (N7000) for a BB Torch 9810 but then went back to a better choice - the Note 2! :cool:

kfh227

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Motorola Droid 3.

I am sick of rebooting it every day. I am sick of it thinking I am still in my car 2 hours after I leave it (still connected via "bluetooth"). Headphone jack broke after 6 months. And plenty of other things I don't like about the phone.

Yes, it is a few versions old. And I am done. I will never get an Apple. And quite frankly, for what I do (e-mail, phone, web browsing, MP3s), I am getting a Z10. If the Z10 didn't get great reviews I'd get another Android.

But why? Because I'm not afraid to try something different. Listen, I listen to music, check e-mail and prefer web browsers over apps. I care less for games.

So, my thoughts:
I want a good web browser. Z10 wins hands down. If you disagree, you need to start reading about it with an open mind.
I want a good e-mail experience. Sorry, the blackberry hub wins.
I need an MP3 player .... Android probably wins even though I have yet to find one I like.
Pandora ... works on both Z10 and Android so non issue. Yes, it works on a Z10 via sideloading so don't say it doesn't.
Phone ... either is good
keyboard .... sorry Z10 wins. I know there are other keyboards for Android but none are better than the Z10s. And quite frankly, I don't want to customize my phone. I want something that works from the second I first turn it on.

For my needs, the bandwidth that 4G LTE provides means that I no longer need apps. I can just use the browser. Everything I do can be done with a very few apps. Why don't people realize this?

So, I get something that is actually more efficient for my needs.

So ya, I'm leaving.

Can't wait to see people whine about how I am wrong. If I am wrong, you are biased. Android has one advantage. ONE. It has games. I don't care about games.

HafeezAkmal

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Great to hear that you're getting the z10 and liking it very much, it really is one great BB.

but really, why are you comparing a 2011 android phone to a 2013-released BB? plus, if it's good for you, it is good. the z10 might not work for everyone - including me.

HafeezAkmal

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a Motorola Droid 3.

I am sick of rebooting it every day. I am sick of it thinking I am still in my car 2 hours after I leave it (still connected via "bluetooth"). Headphone jack broke after 6 months. And plenty of other things I don't like about the phone.

Yes, it is a few versions old. And I am done. I will never get an Apple. And quite frankly, for what I do (e-mail, phone, web browsing, MP3s), I am getting a Z10. If the Z10 didn't get great reviews I'd get another Android.

But why? Because I'm not afraid to try something different. Listen, I listen to music, check e-mail and prefer web browsers over apps. I care less for games.

So, my thoughts:
I want a good web browser. Z10 wins hands down. If you disagree, you need to start reading about it with an open mind.
I want a good e-mail experience. Sorry, the blackberry hub wins.
I need an MP3 player .... Android probably wins even though I have yet to find one I like.
Pandora ... works on both Z10 and Android so non issue. Yes, it works on a Z10 via sideloading so don't say it doesn't.
Phone ... either is good
keyboard .... sorry Z10 wins. I know there are other keyboards for Android but none are better than the Z10s. And quite frankly, I don't want to customize my phone. I want something that works from the second I first turn it on.

For my needs, the bandwidth that 4G LTE provides means that I no longer need apps. I can just use the browser. Everything I do can be done with a very few apps. Why don't people realize this?

So, I get something that is actually more efficient for my needs.

So ya, I'm leaving.

Can't wait to see people whine about how I am wrong. If I am wrong, you are biased. Android has one advantage. ONE. It has games. I don't care about games.

Great to hear that you're getting the z10 and liking it very much, it really is one great BB.

but really, why are you comparing a 2011 android phone to a 2013-released BB? plus, if it's good for you, it is good. the z10 might not work for everyone - including me. and i'm sure not everyone buys an android for games.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

but really, why are you comparing a 2011 android phone to a 2013-released BB? plus, if it's good for you, it is good. the z10 might not work for everyone - including me. and i'm sure not everyone buys an android for games.

I sure don't use my phone for games unless one counts Wordfeud so I agree with you

Sent from Note 2

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Keeping note 2, buying outright Z10. I like to root for the underdog-former-alpha-dog. I would like to see BB succeed. More competition drives innovation. This is my criticism of Apple, and shows their value dropping (anyone see how much the stock price has begun to fall). That can be the problem for those that make it to the "top", complacency.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Keeping note 2, buying outright Z10. I like to root for the underdog-former-alpha-dog. I would like to see BB succeed. More competition drives innovation. This is my criticism of Apple, and shows their value dropping (anyone see how much the stock price has begun to fall). That can be the problem for those that make it to the "top", complacency.

In apples case it's a lack of Jobs

Sent from my Nexus 7

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
But you can only count on one of person for so long for all innovation. He was a narcisistic and credulous person. Now you have a company who appears to be uncertain how to define itself. For a very long time his hubris of his own machinations stiffled others bringing anything of their own passion to the table. He was wholly focused on destroying Android and all it stood for. He became that which he pushed against, the "establishment." Competition drives innovation which pushes the techology farther. Think of the space race of the 60's/70's.

mmgquiet

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Lmao, CESG has made an official statement that they have NOT even tested the new BB OS yet. Articles stating otherwise are false.
BlackBerry 10 in Government

Not to mention that it takes on average approx. 7 months from release date for a new OS to be approved by the CESG.

Glad I could give you a good laugh

The article and your own admission means a DELAY for bb adoption. ...

Sent from Note 2

mmgquiet

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Android is not clamoring to be god's gift to the high security types that RIM (BB now) has been fond of servicing. So who CARES about Android approval? BB NEEDS the government sector and the paranoid sector to buy their products. Android is doing just FINE without catering to that audience. You have an emotional investment in BB, don't you? This thread STILL should be moved out of the Note 2 forum...

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I went to a blackberry event here in Miami a couple days ago and all they talked about was the keyboard. If your device biggest selling point is a keyboard then idk what to tell you...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Android is not clamoring to be god's gift to the high security types that RIM (BB now) has been fond of servicing. So who CARES about Android approval? BB NEEDS the government sector and the paranoid sector to buy their products. Android is doing just FINE without catering to that audience. You have an emotional investment in BB, don't you? This thread STILL should be moved out of the Note 2 forum...

The Pentagon just said that once their contract with blackberry expires in 2014 they'll be jumping ship to either android or ios

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37