Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Android is not clamoring to be god's gift to the high security types that RIM (BB now) has been fond of servicing. So who CARES about Android approval? BB NEEDS the government sector and the paranoid sector to buy their products. Android is doing just FINE without catering to that audience. You have an emotional investment in BB, don't you? This thread STILL should be moved out of the Note 2 forum...

Look, the Mods have told you twice that it belongs here and isn't going anywhere. When are you going to get over it and stop whining?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just to clear things up once again, this thread is fine right where it is. Sometimes we keep a thread like this out of what would be its native area because its has a certain purpose. In this case the newer BB's closest competition on Android when it was announced was the G Note 2 for the features both offered.

So that's it in a nuts shell.. No need to worry about house cleaning and forum arranging, we'll take care of that if we feel its necessary :)

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Just to clear things up once again, this thread is fine right where it is. Sometimes we keep a thread like this out of what would be its native area because its has a certain purpose. In this case the newer BB's closest competition on Android when it was announced was the G Note 2 for the features both offered.

So that's it in a nuts shell.. No need to worry about house cleaning and forum arranging, we'll take care of that if we feel its necessary :)

Gross! The new BB closest competition would be the galaxy S fascinate. Every high end smartphone since has been better. Heck I would even take an OG HTC EVO 4G over it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Gross! The new BB closest competition would be the galaxy S fascinate. Every high end smartphone since has been better. Heck I would even take an OG HTC EVO 4G over it.

The members who founded this thread and others like it were those who associated the two devices, not me ;)

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

PFF, now you're just being silly. Hardware wise it's better than the galaxy S3.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a Motorola Droid 3.

I am sick of rebooting it every day. I am sick of it thinking I am still in my car 2 hours after I leave it (still connected via "bluetooth"). Headphone jack broke after 6 months. And plenty of other things I don't like about the phone.

Yes, it is a few versions old. And I am done. I will never get an Apple. And quite frankly, for what I do (e-mail, phone, web browsing, MP3s), I am getting a Z10. If the Z10 didn't get great reviews I'd get another Android.

But why? Because I'm not afraid to try something different. Listen, I listen to music, check e-mail and prefer web browsers over apps. I care less for games.

So, my thoughts:
I want a good web browser. Z10 wins hands down. If you disagree, you need to start reading about it with an open mind.
I want a good e-mail experience. Sorry, the blackberry hub wins.
I need an MP3 player .... Android probably wins even though I have yet to find one I like.
Pandora ... works on both Z10 and Android so non issue. Yes, it works on a Z10 via sideloading so don't say it doesn't.
Phone ... either is good
keyboard .... sorry Z10 wins. I know there are other keyboards for Android but none are better than the Z10s. And quite frankly, I don't want to customize my phone. I want something that works from the second I first turn it on.

For my needs, the bandwidth that 4G LTE provides means that I no longer need apps. I can just use the browser. Everything I do can be done with a very few apps. Why don't people realize this?

So, I get something that is actually more efficient for my needs.

So ya, I'm leaving.

Can't wait to see people whine about how I am wrong. If I am wrong, you are biased. Android has one advantage. ONE. It has games. I don't care about games.

Not sure but I think google apps work better on android. Not even sure all the google apps I use are available on bb, if so, I stand corrected. I see no difference in the gmail app on my phone and the email I used to use on bb. I was a crackberry addict for several models, 8300, 9000, 9700 before leaving. I still want to slap those buffoon co CEO's for running that company into the ground...can't go back. I commend you for trying it but, I am happy with android.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
having an opinion different than someone doesn't justify you saying someone is silly. You have your opinion and others have theirs. No need to demean them.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
having an opinion different than someone doesn't justify you saying someone is silly. You have your opinion and others have theirs. No need to demean them.

First of all I wasn't disagreeing with an opinion, I was stating specs. Specs are not a matter of opinion.

Second, silly is about the mildest diminutive I can think of. Stop being so silly, Dave.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
First of all I wasn't disagreeing with an opinion, I was stating specs. Specs are not a matter of opinion.

Second, silly is about the mildest diminutive I can think of. Stop being so silly, Dave.

I'm amazed you've wasted so much of your time in this thread crack. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm amazed you've wasted so much of your time in this thread crack. Lol

It entertains me, somehow. Not like genuine entertainment, more like out having a cigarette after too much mediocre Vodka, hey maybe I should tell these peeps how silly they are it'll distract me from this mildy unpleasant spinning sensation kinda entertainment.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It entertains me, somehow. Not like genuine entertainment, more like out having a cigarette after too much mediocre Vodka, hey maybe I should tell these peeps how silly they are it'll distract me from this mildy unpleasant spinning sensation kinda entertainment.

Fair enough.

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
RIM's culture is not to cater to the everyday user. AAMOF, I think part of the reason they don't is that they can save a tiny bit of face by pretending all that they WANT is the corporate people.

I seriously doubt RIM is going to be anything but a niche player from now on...until someone swallows them up. They have nothing compelling to offer, to cause people to switch from Apple or Android. To think otherwise is just fanboyism at it's most optimistic.

You seriously need to do your research man. BB is not RIM anymore, lol! See, post without research....shows you know nothing.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I saw the BB z10 yesterday. I am longtime BB user in the past (8300,9000, 9700) and left for iphone 3gs and then captivate after iphone 4 came out and have been android ever since. I was one who said I would not and could not go back due to the way those idiot CEO's failed this company.

I saw and played with the Z10 yesterday. I must say I was impressed. It was more impressive than my Nexus 4 for sure, which is what I was carrying. A lot remains to be seen but I was impressed. Lot of great androids comming out and the Z10 is certainly in a difficult place but I was impressed and once the S4 and HTC One come out I will take a look at all of them.

It was a bit smaller at 4.2 inches and the 1800 mAh battery seems small, but it remains to be seen how long it lasts. Also the app world is a concern with very limited amount of apps. I heard you can sideload android apps so I may look into that.

It could not replace my Note 2, no other device could, but it was nice- maybe a weekend phone instead of my Nexus 4?. Hopefully by then Key Lime Pie will be out on my Nexus 4 and that will hold me till the new Nexus...

Engadget does not think this is enough to pull android and iOS users back to Blackberry. Here is the quick lowdown on you tube.

BlackBerry Z10 Review | Engadget - YouTube

Last edited:

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't get me wrong the phone looks cool. but it seems to me a lot of people will get bored of it fast I know I will.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have used (or I did use) a BB for 12 years, and had a 9810 before picking up the Note 2 yesterday. I played extensively with the Z10 yesterday at Best Buy Mobile, even though I know I couldn't get it due to my firm having no plans to add a BES 10 server.

It's an improvement, obviously, and a nice phone, but that's about it. Nothing special, although the OS is interesting. But it is/was a pale competitor indeed to the Note 2.

Bye bye BlackBerry.

edaniel1717

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I been with blackberry for over 8 years. The current phone i have with them is 9900....the phone is great...and i never felt the urge to leave BB because of BBM and the email/keyboard.....

I had seen the Galaxy S3 before..... but when i played with the Galaxy Note 2.. wow. im sure the new bb10 is gonna be good.... but im ready for a change.... apps like MagicJack and skype are so useful and BB does not have it....

I pick up my new Galaxy Note 2 tomorrow..... so pumped...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci