Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I been with blackberry for over 8 years. The current phone i have with them is 9900....the phone is great...and i never felt the urge to leave BB because of BBM and the email/keyboard.....

I had seen the Galaxy S3 before..... but when i played with the Galaxy Note 2.. wow. im sure the new bb10 is gonna be good.... but im ready for a change.... apps like MagicJack and skype are so useful and BB does not have it....

I pick up my new Galaxy Note 2 tomorrow..... so pumped...

BB10 will have Skype. The Note 2 is a great phone, enjoy it!

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I won't switch over to Blackberry anytime soon. They're new BB10 OS still needs a lot of work to be a well polished machine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
The members who founded this thread and others like it were those who associated the two devices, not me ;)

When your best selling point is a keyboard. I really have nothing else to say to you. BlackBerry sent me one for free. It is in my drawer collection dust since 3/13.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
For me, there's no comparison in hardware; the Note2 is the best phone hardware available right now (for my needs only - I'm aware others have different priorities). But I continue to be frustrated by Android's limitations and quirks - like the continuing lack of a sync utility for contacts, tasks and calendar. (It's just gotten worse since Google dropped support for Google Calendar Sync.) If BB came out with comparable hardware, I'd seriously consider switching.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
For me, there's no comparison in hardware; the Note2 is the best phone hardware available right now (for my needs only - I'm aware others have different priorities). But I continue to be frustrated by Android's limitations and quirks - like the continuing lack of a sync utility for contacts, tasks and calendar. (It's just gotten worse since Google dropped support for Google Calendar Sync.) If BB came out with comparable hardware, I'd seriously consider switching.

Can you please explain what problems you're having with synchronizing your calendar

Sent from my Nexus 7

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you please explain what problems you're having with synchronizing your calendar
Calendar syncs fine using Google Calendar Sync. However, there's no guarantee that it will continue to do so with future versions of Outlook, and the Google Calendar Sync is no longer being supported.

There's no auto-sync for contacts, which puts Android at a distinct disadvantage relative to BB for business users, especially those whose contact list changes frequently. My experiences with third-party apps for this purpose have not been positive.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Just because verizon buys them from brightstar doesn't mean others don't. That was my only point.

Lol. You are preaching to the choir. My point was that Verizon buys direct when they are confident about sales. They buy from bright star when they may have to let brightstar unload them to other buyers if sales are sluggish. This does not bode well for bb

Sent from Note 2

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol. You are preaching to the choir. My point was that Verizon buys direct when they are confident about sales. They buy from bright star when they may have to let brightstar unload them to other buyers if sales are sluggish. This does not bode well for bb

Sent from Note 2

Exactly, blackberry won't bounce back. My friend was so excited the other day because she purchased blackberry stock. I was like /facepalm

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Not everyone on Android is a gamer. I don't play games. I have had BB but its not for me. I don't knock anyone for their choice. Enjoy your phone. That's all that matters. Right?;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Calendar syncs fine using Google Calendar Sync. However, there's no guarantee that it will continue to do so with future versions of Outlook, and the Google Calendar Sync is no longer being supported.

There's no auto-sync for contacts, which puts Android at a distinct disadvantage relative to BB for business users, especially those whose contact list changes frequently. My experiences with third-party apps for this purpose have not been positive.

Lotus Traveler auto-syncs contacts, at least if the business is using Notes 8.5.

apalm8

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
well, i dont have a Note but i have a Nexus 4 and I would never leave android for a BB ever.

although BB10 looks nice with tons of feature added.

BlackBerry had their chance and they really screwed it up. They are toast.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Bought my first and only BlackBerry product when the Playbook first came out and felt that Rimm didn't live up to there promise with it. So there's no chance that I will ever buy another BlackBerry.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

These are some very close minded things to say. You act like just because they hit a rough patch the past few years that they could never produce a phone worth using ever again. Did you forget who revolutionized the smart phone industry some years back?

Not to mention the Z10 has done remarkably well in most reviews, my own included.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I would not mind checking it out. I happen to love android. I always did.. Even when I grabbed an iPhone Sent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
These are some very close minded things to say. You act like just because they hit a rough patch the past few years that they could never produce a phone worth using ever again. Did you forget who revolutionized the smart phone industry some years back?

Not to mention the Z10 has done remarkably well in most reviews, my own included.

Just because they "revolutionized" the smart phone industry doesn't mean you owe them loyalty. We still pay for our products and if you want my money you have to come out with something that is not 2011 technology. Their biggest selling point is the keyboard. Bahh, wait a couple months and you'll have some developer port it to android or ios. I got one for free through blackberry if you want I'll sell it to you, I'm good with my note 2 :)

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have never spoken to anyone who actually uses Lotus Notes, so this is a pretty fringe audience IMO.

You need to get out more. ;)

It's obviously a smaller portion of enterprise than Outlook, but it's still quite significant. If it weren't, IBM would have given it up long ago.

Lotus Traveler has replaced Good Technology in most firms/companies who use Notes instead of Outlook. Traveler auto-syncs everything just fine -- just like my BB did for 12 years.

So what were you saying again about Android being at a distinct in connection with enterprise users?

Because it just ain't so, Joe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad