Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

superdookie67

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Generally speaking, I'm keeping a close eye on blackberry but staying with Android for now. I've only had my Note 2 for a couple months, but I absolutely love it. I've also been on the tmobile value plan, so it makes sense for me to keep my phone as long as possible. It will be interesting to see where blackberry is at in a year or two from now.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Generally speaking, I'm keeping a close eye on blackberry but staying with Android for now. I've only had my Note 2 for a couple months, but I absolutely love it. I've also been on the tmobile value plan, so it makes sense for me to keep my phone as long as possible. It will be interesting to see where blackberry is at in a year or two from now.

Yes indeed, their CEO said they have something "big" coming holiday 2013, but then again he may just be saying that to get stocks to go up lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes indeed, their CEO said they have something "big" coming holiday 2013, but then again he may just be saying that to get stocks to go up lol

I believe that is the rumoured "Aristo" model. What remains to be seen is if the device will be competitive with devices that are coming/will come out around holiday 2013, instead of the prior year's devices.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I believe that is the rumoured "Aristo" model. What remains to be seen is if the device will be competitive with devices that are coming/will come out around holiday 2013, instead of the prior year's devices.

They can spit out as many devices as they want, just like windows phone. If you don't have the dev support for apps, you're going nowhere.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
They can spit out as many devices as they want, just like windows phone. If you don't have the dev support for apps, you're going nowhere.

Indeed, that's the other part of the equation, and they'll never be able to overcome it. Sure, maybe they'll finally get Skype, or Netflix, or Hulu, or Instagram, or whatever the latest must-have app is, but they will always be playing catch up because devs will always bring out what turn out to be must-have apps on Android and iOS first. H?ll, the fact that they still can't get something as basic as Netflix -- Netflix!! -- just shows how impossible their situation is.

Ess_78201

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the note 2 and the BlackBerry Z10 right now. I'm switching between both pretty regularly and really like both.

The Hub feature is pretty cool and honestly it's kind of nice not having a home button. Everything is just so darn smooth.

I just hate that I have to sideboard apps like Netflix and Amazon. I don't know how people pretend to think that is not a pain. The keyboard is pretty awesome and if they ever figure out that something like the Flow feature of SwiftKey is a god send, that would be perfect.

It also needs to be bigger. Much bigger.

However, the z10 has a much classier look than my Note 2. Solid device though.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the note 2 and the BlackBerry Z10 right now. I'm switching between both pretty regularly and really like both.

The Hub feature is pretty cool and honestly it's kind of nice not having a home button. Everything is just so darn smooth.

I just hate that I have to sideboard apps like Netflix and Amazon. I don't know how people pretend to think that is not a pain. The keyboard is pretty awesome and if they ever figure out that something like the Flow feature of SwiftKey is a god send, that would be perfect.

It also needs to be bigger. Much bigger.

However, the z10 has a much classier look than my Note 2. Solid device though.

I can't imagine what a pain it must be to switch between two cell phones on constant basis! Is having a cell phone some sort of game??

My Note is in a leather case so "class" isn't an issue. My phone choice isn't based on the materials of which it is made, but what it can do. Furthermore, I'm not plastic-phobic.

madsdad928

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
My s3 is my first Android device after being a bb user for years. If blackberry ever comes our with a side slide out keyboard i would check ir out but honestly i cant see myself going back. Everything i wanted my blackberry to do this phone can do it better.

Sent from my SPH-L710

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
It really is, windows phone seems cool and awesome but no developers are behind it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, and chase (my primary bank) just said they're going to stop offering the mobile banking app for blackberry was just the finishing touch for me. I gotta have my mobile banking.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Calendar syncs fine using Google Calendar Sync. However, there's no guarantee that it will continue to do so with future versions of Outlook, and the Google Calendar Sync is no longer being supported.

There's no auto-sync for contacts, which puts Android at a distinct disadvantage relative to BB for business users, especially those whose contact list changes frequently. My experiences with third-party apps for this purpose have not been positive.

Um if I read yo post correctly. U said phone contacts don't sync. That's not true your contacts go with u with your gmail.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Ess_78201

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I just like phones and ATT makes it easy to switch out with sim cards as you know. I let one die and just switch out for the other later on in the day.

The back of the Z10 is actually a similar flimsy plastic, you just don't know it until you actually remove it. I have a snap on case with the Note but it just isn't the same.

Both can do quite a bit. The Note can actually do much more. Even for work. But the Z10 is just much quicker switching in and out of apps.

I'm not knocking either one. But devices are amazing. I guess what I'm getting at is, they both beat the **** out of the iPhone I had for all of a week last year. :)

I can't imagine what a pain it must be to switch between two cell phones on constant basis! Is having a cell phone some sort of game??

My Note is in a leather case so "class" isn't an issue. My phone choice isn't based on the materials of which it is made, but what it can do. Furthermore, I'm not plastic-phobic.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
1st: I have not read all of the posts here

2nd: My first and only smartphones were BB (8362, 9700,9900). All great devices.

But there's more to owning an smartphone then hardware. Apps are a major factor. I never realized this until coming over to Android about a month ago. I can't believe how much work I get done on my Galaxy Note 2. Even though some apps are on the BB platform they are not as complete as they are on Android.

I read the other day that BB10 has 100,000+ apps but about 20% of them were not written for the BB10 OS, they are Android apps running on the BB. This didn't work well for me on my PlayBook.

As much as I loved my the BB hardware, security and the way they manage data I don't see myself going back any time soon.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
... But I continue to be frustrated by Android's limitations and quirks - like the continuing lack of a sync utility for contacts, tasks and calendar..
Android synchronization is the best, it's the reason Android won me over. This goes for, contacts, calendar, notes, and documents. What some folks don't like is that it has to sync with Google's services.

I don't know what your trying to sync with but I've used Gsyncit for Outlook and Awesync for Lotus. Both work great and have great customization features that best Google calendar sync by far.

Ess_78201

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I've got to agree with this. Hands down its much better than BB or ios in this regard. Not to mention HTC and Motorola phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz