Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a BB. Periodically their servers would go down and I couldn't transmit/receive BBM messages. periodically email was hosed. Email truncation was a persistent issue. Web browsing was UNBELIEVABLY slow, thanks to everything getting routed through RIM's servers--even when we use Wifi. I have a far better email experience with my Android phones for Yahoo, comcast, and gmail accounts. My calendar is of course, a no brainer for being excellent--it's from Google and it's awesome. Anyone who thinks that BB offers better communications is out of touch with what their competition can do. I don't have to worry about a proprietary service being down for hours/days like I used to with BB. Oh, and let's not forget that there were few people with whom I could use BBM with, as my friends/family weren't all on the BB platform. Just two of them. That's pretty crappy. Talk about a "walled in garden"! That's worse than Apple and I hate Apple.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I had a BB. Periodically their servers would go down and I couldn't transmit/receive BBM messages. periodically email was hosed. Email truncation was a persistent issue. Web browsing was UNBELIEVABLY slow, thanks to everything getting routed through RIM's servers--even when we use Wifi. I have a far better email experience with my Android phones for Yahoo, comcast, and gmail accounts. My calendar is of course, a no brainer for being excellent--it's from Google and it's awesome. Anyone who thinks that BB offers better communications is out of touch with what their competition can do. I don't have to worry about a proprietary service being down for hours/days like I used to with BB. Oh, and let's not forget that there were few people with whom I could use BBM with, as my friends/family weren't all on the BB platform. Just two of them. That's pretty crappy. Talk about a "walled in garden"! That's worse than Apple and I hate Apple.

Yes, we all know that Android is better than old Blackberry devices. But that's not what we're comparing. You might as well compare a new HD flat screen to an old cathode ray tube.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

In the past two years I have used the iphone 4s and 5 neither of which worked well for business so I bought the Note 2. Loved , device but as far as productivity goes it was not very. Click here click home click email click switch app and so on...everyone here knows what I mean. Android has a long way to go to be a truly business tool although I do love my Note two for playing games and my son's watches movies on it in the car. I still had a hard time doing what I do the most and that's communicating. When the Z10 was released I was very doubtful it would prove to be any better to suit my needs. I bought it and after two days realized how much more productive I was with it and two months in I never touch my Iphone or my Note 2 at all.

What people need to understand is electronic devices such as cell phone are like underwear a very personal choice and I for one am glade we have this type of choice. I can say from experience that right now with BlackBerry 10 and th Z10 BlackBerry is the most productive and innovative in the industry. This will certainly change soon, not with the S4 though as that is a joke, and if BlackBerry rest on its accomplishments they will not stay current.

Again to each their own but for me, now it is BlackBerry 10. Next month year who knows!!

Ess_78201

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I currently have both devices right now. I'm no way am I saying that your opinion is invalid, but I'm curious as to why you think the Z10 is more productive than the Note 2.

I find myself using the Note 2 for work and the Z10 when I get home. There are far to many things that BB needs to tweak before u make the full switch to it. I am having a hard time getting past the 30 email limit. The photo editing and document editing options are far better on the note. I seriously love both devices though.

I agree with the S4. I don't just want a gimmicky toy, I need something I can use for work and use on weekends when I'm running.

In the past two years I have used the iphone 4s and 5 neither of which worked well for business so I bought the Note 2. Loved , device but as far as productivity goes it was not very. Click here click home click email click switch app and so on...everyone here knows what I mean. Android has a long way to go to be a truly business tool although I do love my Note two for playing games and my son's watches movies on it in the car. I still had a hard time doing what I do the most and that's communicating. When the Z10 was released I was very doubtful it would prove to be any better to suit my needs. I bought it and after two days realized how much more productive I was with it and two months in I never touch my Iphone or my Note 2 at all.

What people need to understand is electronic devices such as cell phone are like underwear a very personal choice and I for one am glade we have this type of choice. I can say from experience that right now with BlackBerry 10 and th Z10 BlackBerry is the most productive and innovative in the industry. This will certainly change soon, not with the S4 though as that is a joke, and if BlackBerry rest on its accomplishments they will not stay current.

Again to each their own but for me, now it is BlackBerry 10. Next month year who knows!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I currently have both devices right now. I'm no way am I saying that your opinion is invalid, but I'm curious as to why you think the Z10 is more productive than the Note 2.
I'm not sure I can take that poster seriously. To claim BB 10 is more productive than Android is a stretch but to make that claim over a Note 2 is just straight out a lie. This is probably the most versatile and productive phone I've ever had. There is so much this phone can do on top of other phones.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I can take that poster seriously. To claim BB 10 is more productive than Android is a stretch but to make that claim over a Note 2 is just straight out a lie. This is probably the most versatile and productive phone I've ever had. There is so much this phone can do on top of other phones.

I think he actually said that he believed the Note 2 was in fact more productive than the Z10 -- he even said he used the Note 2 for work and the Z10 when he got home. Although that right there sounds a bit odd -- why would someone use the Note 2 just for work, and for play use a device with p!ss poor app support and a much smaller screen?

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

I find myself using the Note 2 for work and the Z10 when I get home. There are far to many things that BB needs to tweak before u make the full switch to it. I am having a hard time getting past the 30 email limit. The photo editing and document editing options are far better on the note. I seriously love both devices though.

I agree with the S4. I don't just want a gimmicky toy, I need something I can use for work and use on weekends when I'm running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I pick the Z10 for my daily driver simply for HUB. I have found it speeds up my communication. I used the Note 2 and found that having to click and hold home and then scroll through the apps to pick which one I need, or click home and go to the app drawer, took too long. With the Z10 I can reply to all email addresses, composecompose all my email, twitter, text, BBM, etc in one place...no need to go into all separate apps. It simply speeds up my day.

As I said it is a personal choice...I don't play on my devices but I do belive that the photo editing built into the Z10 and I talk about built in not other apps, is superior to my Note 2.

I love the Note 2 and all the apps but for business, for myself, it is the Z10. It all depends on how you like to work. There even people that woukd say an Iphone is a business tool too depending on what there business is and how they work.

I own all three and they are all great.

Sent from Tapatalk 2

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I'll have to retract my previous comment.

Anyhow you might want to look into a product called Wave Launcher https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.mobilemerit.wavelauncher&token=kJfj7xNB it's an app Launcher that is hidden, it is evoked when you place your finger on an edge of the screen. Then a launch tray appears.

Personally I've never cared for the hub, I always separated my messages, but I can see the a lure it has for some folks.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I'll have to retract my previous comment.

Anyhow you might want to look into a product called Wave Launcher https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.mobilemerit.wavelauncher&token=nKvbO8HE it's an app Launcher that is hidden, it is evoked when you place your finger on an edge of the screen. Then a launch tray appears.

Personally I've never cared for the hub, I always separated my messages, but I can see the a lure it has for some folks.

Very cool and I think I will keep it on for sure. I never heard of the before you mentioned it...love it thanks!!

Sent using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Yea....I think BB has a big uphill battle. I remember Palm being at or near the top in 2005....may they rest in peace now. They had loyal users...but loyalty eventually wasnt enough. Android (Droid line, Moto Droid line anyway) Apple, Samsung has shown you still need marketing, advertizing to get ppl's attention. Let them know you are out there. As much as I like what I see from the new BB.....its only less than a handful of us at work that even know its out. Its all Android and iPhone at my job.

I havent seen many BB commercials or ads since the Super Bowl.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Americans aren't exactly the smartest bunch when it comes to anything outside their country though. ;) Many of them don't even know where Canada is, and what it's like. :p

Plus from what reports say, BB didn't need America to make a profit this quarter. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

That's a totally ridiculous comment and uncalled for. Isn't Canada just south of Australia?

Sent from Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12