Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

ericrangel76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Both the Z10 and Q10 were both announced on launched day back at the end of January. They have other devices coming out this year. One of them possibly being a phablet device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ericrangel76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the Z10 to the Galaxy S4. I don't see myself switching back to blackberry anytime soon. The Z10 (os 10) is missing a lot of essentials features, and i was not interested in playing the waiting game.

What essential features are missing? Please elaborate. The only thing I can think of is maybe their app selection.

MartyMcfly

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
What essential features are missing? Please elaborate. The only thing I can think of is maybe their app selection.

No push notifications for apps such as ,pageonce, thescore,slicktask,bebuzz, and any other application excluding fb,twitter,LinkedIn, and whatsapp. If you want to use be buzz, you have to leave the app running as an active frame (kills battery). You don't have the ability to search emails older than 30 days. I could not for the life of me find the save as feature or rename feature. I hate how the the z10 would automatically save my photos to a default folder without giving me the option to choose a folder (maybe I was doing something wrong). I don't want to bash the z10 because it's a solid device, however it still has some catching up to do. The keyboard is cool (I'm loving swipe so far), and so is the hub.

You know my steez using Samsung Galaxy S4

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I hereby declare a poor man's corroborating patent lol. I like the idea you mentioned with the flip cover keyboard. Now, one of you kids on here make this for us and we will cut you in for 5% net profit lol.
Seriously... Even if there were a sort of rubberized stick on thing, with hard keys on top, I could see this working very well. I'm amazed this hasn't been invented yet, actually.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I know they was going to bring BBM to android they have no other choice BB10 is not going to save them

Posted via Android Central App on my Verizon Galaxy Note 2

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
One thing you could try is to use a Bluetooth or USB based keyboard. Might not meet the "attached" part of what you're thinking, but would provide the flexibility to have a keyboard when needed. I can appreciate the desire for the tactile feel having come from BB phones and others with physical keyboards. If I had to use a keyboard with the Note II, I'd go for one of the options suggested. Tapping into a few things you brought out above, how about a flip cover just like the ones available for the S3 or Note series? Possibly a keyboard could be added into the "smart cover" with the connectivity via Bluetooth or wired via the back panel being the battery cover which in turn is wired into phone power and comms. Bluetooth might be a stretch unless a radio could be that thin and still powered. Or just use NFC for connectivity between the phone and cover keyboard. Probably someone has already file patent(s) for this, but if not we can pair up together :D

Consider this our patent. Now be on the lookout for it so we can begin our infringement case!

LuvHorses

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Just pre-ordered Q10, though I have liked my Note2, I miss a physical keyboard. Plan to use Note2 as tablet on the go.

sent from my Verizon Note2...

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I use android and bb10, a nexus and z10. Both great phones and os's. the z10 actually is my daily driver now.

And the rumored flag ship "astrio" coming at the end of the year is suppose to have 4gb rams, 5-6ich screen, 1080p resolution etc.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I use android and bb10, a nexus and z10. Both great phones and os's. the z10 actually is my daily driver now.

And the rumored flag ship "astrio" coming at the end of the year is suppose to have 4gb rams, 5-6ich screen, 1080p resolution etc.

Given the rumored astrio sounds sort of "Noteish", any insights into equivalent functionality for the S Pen and related apps and capabilities?

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Given the rumored astrio sounds sort of "Noteish", any insights into equivalent functionality for the S Pen and related apps and capabilities?

It very well is too compete with the bigger androids phones, which is smart espically if apple and microsoft womt release one. ive heard Nothing about a spen or stylus functionality as of yet, but blackberrys being tight lipped so this is purely rumours and speculation, as post on crackberry and other blog sites.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Sounds more like a BB enthusiast cooking up his dream device.

All I've heard of the rumored "Aristo" (the actual name, BTW) is a 4.65" 1080p display, 4GB RAM, Qualcomm quad core, and a 3000mAh battery. But who knows.

Regardless, I'm certainly not expecting the Aristo to be any sort of "phablet."

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Sounds more like a BB enthusiast cooking up his dream device.

All I've heard of the rumored "Aristo" (the actual name, BTW) is a 4.65" 1080p display, 4GB RAM, Qualcomm quad core, and a 3000mAh battery. But who knows.

Regardless, I'm certainly not expecting the Aristo to be any sort of "phablet."

That's what I've heard about the Aristo as well.

I'm still loving my Z10 though...I can honestly say it's the first time I haven't been bored with a phone 3 months in since my iphone.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
That's what I've heard about the Aristo as well.

I'm still loving my Z10 though...I can honestly say it's the first time I haven't been bored with a phone 3 months in since my iphone.

I have the Nexus 4, rooted, PACman ROM and all; I love Android.

However, the gesture based BB OS along with BB "Hub" or whatever that is are compelling. As big as I am into Android, just maybe BB is onto something here. I'm very excited to see what they have planned over the next 1-2 years; they might find themselves a new customer!

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the Nexus 4, rooted, PACman ROM and all; I love Android.

However, the gesture based BB OS along with BB "Hub" or whatever that is are compelling. As big as I am into Android, just maybe BB is onto something here. I'm very excited to see what they have planned over the next 1-2 years; they might find themselves a new customer!

I really loved my GS3, and if I didn't have
the z10 I'd have the HTC One...but the gestures and the Hub are so good. I set up customer phones and try to swipe out if apps, and get annoyed when I can't. :D

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Lol, why would anyone go back to Blackberry?

People used to say that about Android.

Give it a couple years. BB and Windows Phone and are the bottom of the totem pole, but they're finally finding their way.

Competition breeds excellence, and I'd much prefer a world with iOS, Android, BB, and Windows all commanding the market as opposed to what we have now. Hopefully throughout 2013 developers start including the two underdogs and evening this fight out.

Chanlion

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've already switched. Honestly I love it, it just works so efficiently for the user. It still has some flaws that come with a first gen anything device. But since this is AC, I do still love my Nexus and use it for games that arn't on BB World.
I hated the old OS6 I had but the Z is just great. It really is.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol, why would anyone go back to Blackberry?

Because BB10 is a damn fine OS, it's a Canadian company, and it does everything my Androids did without all the tweaking. I've owned all platforms. My last few phones have been SGS3, Lumia 710, iPhone 4, Galaxy Vibrant, Desire Z and Palm Pre. I'm a fan girl of none. But by all means, continue sounding like a condescending fan boy.

totallygone

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I am leaving the blackberry z10 for a note2. I even having trouble with twitter on the z10. If you need simple apps like Skype.....Goodluck. The z10 is a smooth beautifully crafted device, but it is like a turtle shell....without the turtle in it. I need my apps.

Http://www.sleepydoctordiaries.com
Sent from my blackberry using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital