.ics invites not showing in emails

Heifzilla

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My husband uses Outlook as his calendar and is frequently sending me invites about his schedule. For example, he will send me his vacation dates, travel dates, etc.. When the email comes into my phone, there is no ics file that I am able to view, so there is no way for me to even see the info he is sending me. I have to turn on my laptop, open Outlook, download everything there, and then sync my phone to be able to see the info. It's rather inconvenient, as I am not always carrying my laptop with me.

Is there a reason I can't see ics calendar files on my phone? Even if the phone can't open them, shouldn't I at least be able to see that there is an attachment? It just looks like a blank email when I view it on my phone.

Any insight on this is appreciated.

Sent from my Note 2

Heifzilla

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, I figured out that it is dependent on which email app I use. Using the native email app I do not even see the ics attachment. So I installed K9 Mail and I can totally see the ics file now. I am able to open it and put it into my calendar without any issues. Why the native app doesn't see the invites is beyond me.

Sent from my Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney