Video upload issues

carlaraptor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Hoping I'm not just being really silly, but I seem to have tried every which way to upload videos from my Galaxy Note 2. Once I upload videos to the PC, they seem to play at a really low framerate. I can't open the file in ANYTHING other than windows classic media player, and uploading them to sites like Tumblr won't work because they don't seem to recognise the file type (mp4) - in fact, no programs or websites are recognising the file type.

This is really frustrating as I want to upload a video to tumblr!

Any advice? :)

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Hoping I'm not just being really silly, but I seem to have tried every which way to upload videos from my Galaxy Note 2. Once I upload videos to the PC, they seem to play at a really low framerate. I can't open the file in ANYTHING other than windows classic media player, and uploading them to sites like Tumblr won't work because they don't seem to recognise the file type (mp4) - in fact, no programs or websites are recognising the file type.

This is really frustrating as I want to upload a video to tumblr!

Any advice? :)

Yes, first, do they playback slow in wmp? If not, that is strange. If they do, then you may want to check the settings in your camera app. If using the default app, under the gear.

Next, I would download another player on the pc. If you have, you need to go into the Window settings for opening a type of file. You need to right click on a video clip, then towards the top (second option of the top of my head), select "open with" and go from there. My favorite is adobe media player, but it is not distributed by Adobe any longer. But there are other options.

I do not know the format tumbler requires, but that will probably answer the issue, though, two things:

Most sharing sites respect the mp4 format and the associated wrapper that the Samsung produces (I say that with a grain of salt), but, you may for some strange reason need to convert it. Not sure why, but you may want to check the resolution.

That is all I know as I don't use tumblr. See attached screenshot for settings.

Not bad assistance for a db I'd say.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359653200733.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359653200733.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 12

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member