What was I thinking?

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded a few weeks ago from a iPhone 4, to an iPhone 5 32gig for $299... All along I had my eye on the Note 2, but just couldn't convince myself that I would be happy with it. After a couple weeks with the iPhone 5, I got to play with a friends Note 2 and knew I had made a huge mistake! The good news is I had a second line with an upgrade available, so I sold the iPhone 5 on eBay for $650 and price matched Amazon.com at Best Buy to pick up the Note 2 for $199.99. That left me with $150 more than I started with in my pocket! I'm so happy I just thought I would share.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I hear you. It took me a few months to pull the trigger. Now I can't imagine using anything else. I have not even tapped into all this phone can do yet. Congrats on Note 2. Enjoy. I know I am.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded a few weeks ago from a iPhone 4, to an iPhone 5 32gig for $299... All along I had my eye on the Note 2, but just couldn't convince myself that I would be happy with it. After a couple weeks with the iPhone 5, I got to play with a friends Note 2 and knew I had made a huge mistake! The good news is I had a second line with an upgrade available, so I sold the iPhone 5 on eBay for $650 and price matched Amazon.com at Best Buy to pick up the Note 2 for $199.99. That left me with $150 more than I started with in my pocket! I'm so happy I just thought I would share.

Thanks for sharing. Your experience is very encouraging to many.

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

I heard best buy doesn't price match Amazon prices no more. Only for 2 weeks during christmas season.

I was buying a camera 1 week ago at best buy and they didnt want to match amazons price no more. That's how I heard they dont match.

When did u buy the phone?

Sent from my Verizon Note 2.SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums .

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I heard best buy doesn't price match Amazon prices no more. Only for 2 weeks during christmas season.

I was buying a camera 1 week ago at best buy and they didnt want to match amazons price no more. That's how I heard they dont match.

When did u buy the phone?

Sent from my Verizon Note 2.SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums .

I bought the phone last Saturday. They never said anything like that, but I did have a backup in case they did not accept online stores for the price match. Target has the Note 2 for $199 as well. They told me as long as the device is in stock at the store you are trying to price match they can accept it. Maybe I just got lucky at the BB I went to? Not sure.

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I bought the phone last Saturday, I had no issues using Amazon Wireless for the price match, but I did have a backup in case they would not accept online stores for the price match. Target has the Note 2 for $199 as well. Maybe I just got lucky using Amazon.com?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Congrats! Welcome to the dark side or should I say the enlightened one? lol. :p I?ve had my Note 2 since end of Nov. last year and have no regrets. Best phone ever! The bar has been raised! :cool:

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I swear their should be a forum just for iPhone users who have or are thinking of switching to the note 2 lol. Seems like at least one post a day about someone thinking about switching or already have switched lol

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy continued their price match through January 31st. That is unless they decided to carry it forward, which would be a good idea for them to do.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
More and more iPhone users are switch to Android and they are doing it with the true anti-iPhone...... The Galaxy Note 2.:cool:

Congrats and enjoy a whole new way of mobile computing.

fredblock

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree that there should be a forum just for iPhone users switching to android. For the past two weeks I've been driving myself crazy and I'm on the fence to switch to a galaxy note 2 from my iPhone 5. Please keep in mind that I've been using an iPhone since the iPhone 3G. I'm also an avid jailbreaker but not so I can steal apps. I jailbreak so that I can customize my phone with third-party apps that are not Apple signed.

Kind of off-topic but a few things that concern me are getting used to all of the new features and learning my way around settings. I also tried typing on the note 2 twice and both times I did an awful job compared to how well I do on my iPhone 5. I keep telling myself though that the note 2 will learn my mistakes and AutoCorrect will get better? I want to believe that. I did notice that dictation did work very well though. I use dictation a lot on my iPhone and iPad.

I figure the hardest part will be setting up my screens or homepages or whatever you call them. Getting all of my widgets where I want them and configuring all of the apps to work the way I like them to work will probably take the most time.

I do have one question though and I know again this is kind of off topic but what is everyone's experience using exchange? I need to be able to use exchange reliably on two of my email accounts.

Thanks in advance!

Fred

kennethkilo

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone is simple and gets the things done like email and text messages right. I have problems on my Note 2 where at random times people don't get my, or i don't, get text messages. If you want a pure phone for work text messages and email then choose iPhone (Kind of pointless to get a smartphone just for that imo).

fredblock

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Was hoping for some more feedback. Anyone else?

I agree that there should be a forum just for iPhone users switching to android. For the past two weeks I've been driving myself crazy and I'm on the fence to switch to a galaxy note 2 from my iPhone 5. Please keep in mind that I've been using an iPhone since the iPhone 3G. I'm also an avid jailbreaker but not so I can steal apps. I jailbreak so that I can customize my phone with third-party apps that are not Apple signed.

Kind of off-topic but a few things that concern me are getting used to all of the new features and learning my way around settings. I also tried typing on the note 2 twice and both times I did an awful job compared to how well I do on my iPhone 5. I keep telling myself though that the note 2 will learn my mistakes and AutoCorrect will get better? I want to believe that. I did notice that dictation did work very well though. I use dictation a lot on my iPhone and iPad.

I figure the hardest part will be setting up my screens or homepages or whatever you call them. Getting all of my widgets where I want them and configuring all of the apps to work the way I like them to work will probably take the most time.

I do have one question though and I know again this is kind of off topic but what is everyone's experience using exchange? I need to be able to use exchange reliably on two of my email accounts.

Thanks in advance!

Fred

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Was hoping for some more feedback. Anyone else?

The auto correction dose get better in time and swype in the stock or swype keyboard is the best.
I'm more of a pecking typer but love the swype keyboard more and more I use it.
As for the exchange in email I'm only using on account and seem to be Ok.
I'm a long time iOS user and found Andriod invigorating in my mobile computing.

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

I use the Swype keyboard option, and I think it is much easier/faster than typing on the iPhone. Swype does learn words you type over time.

I only have one exchange account set up for work, but it works great. I think it is also easier to use than on the iPhone since it is in a separate application than Gmail which I use for personal email. I do not like having all of my emails appear in one application like the iPhone did. Also the larger screen size makes it easier to read and reply to messages. I actually receive exchange notifications on my phone slightly faster than on my PC.

Configuring, customizing, and tweaking this phone to work the way you like it is part of the fun, and one of the big reasons why I like it so much. I used to jailbreak my iPhones, and with the Note 2 I have yet to find a reason for me to root the phone. Any customization I have wanted so far could be found as an option on the phone, or in the Play Store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2