Upgraded to a bigger MicroSD card, everything not showing up, where did I go wrong?

geocab

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

When I bought my Galaxy Note 2, I used the memory card from my 16 Gig card from my Droid X. I didn't have any problems just installing the card and having music and photos show up.

Today, I received my 64 Gig card in the mail. To transfer data from the 16 to the 64 I put the 16 in a card reader, right clicked on it, chose "Copy", and then pasted in a folder I created for it. I then inserted the 64 gig card and copied the contents from the new folder and pasted onto the new card. (After I formatted the new card in the phone.) My photos and videos are showing up, but not all of the video thumbnails are animated like they used to be. When I go to the music player, none of my music is showing up. If I search in My Files, the music is on the card.

Where did I go wrong in the transfer process? Can I do it again another way to make it work like the 16 Gig used to?

Thanks for your help,
Geo

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

When I bought my Galaxy Note 2, I used the memory card from my 16 Gig card from my Droid X. I didn't have any problems just installing the card and having music and photos show up.

Today, I received my 64 Gig card in the mail. To transfer data from the 16 to the 64 I put the 16 in a card reader, right clicked on it, chose "Copy", and then pasted in a folder I created for it. I then inserted the 64 gig card and copied the contents from the new folder and pasted onto the new card. (After I formatted the new card in the phone.) My photos and videos are showing up, but not all of the video thumbnails are animated like they used to be. When I go to the music player, none of my music is showing up. If I search in My Files, the music is on the card.

Where did I go wrong in the transfer process? Can I do it again another way to make it work like the 16 Gig used to?

Thanks for your help,
Geo
Have you tried rebooting the device?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante