Note 2 wifi speed slow?

mrclowny

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When compared to my ipad using the Speedtest.net app it's really really slower.

I just ran the test side by side and my iPad is getting constant 15 Mbps down versus my Note 2's 1-3Mbps.

What gives?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone is about 9 Mbps slower than my PC but no where near your experience.
y3asagy5.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

acefutura

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this the other day when downloading a app really slow. A restart of my wfi and reboot of the phone and it was getting 35145khps at speed net. Flying it was :)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
unugutyn.jpg

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
Just checked my last test at home few weeks ago. No issues here.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just tried with an iPhone, my note, and my fiancee's s3... all got about the same. :/ not exact but close. 27-29mbps between all 3.

And I'm at my house in Georgia with the crapshoot Wi-Fi

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Last edited:

mrclowny

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I restarted my wifi on my note 2 after making this post and it got 10 Mbps but it's always slower than my iPad by atleast 5Mbps.

Just now it was crawling so I had to restart wifi again. Kinda sucky. I'm running N wireless network. Never had any issues on my iPhones.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen a difference between the PC, Note 2, or even my wife's Kindle (Disclaimer: I have not run Speedtest on the Kindle).
Yet sometimes I think the Note 2 seems faster, maybe because I download smaller things.

Atsco

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a same problem in Finland. After my Note 2 wakes from sleep, wifi speed is so slow that I have to restart wifi again. And then it works good to the next time, when I close my phablet's screen. I'm not 100% shore, but i think this problem started after 4.1.2 update. All other devices working fine in same wifi network, i did already 2 times factory reset to my Note, and once to my router to, changed wifi channel etc. Nothings helps. So if somebody knows something about this problem, please help. My Note 2 is not rooted, all stock. And sorry if my English is not so good.

Last edited:

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Try setting your router to one band. G, N, etc. Instead of multi or auto.

My wifi was dogging until I read this on a forum and tried it. Even set to G, it flies now.

Jack

Sent from my MeanBean optimized and Supercharged ElteVO.

Atsco

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

My wifi was dogging until I read this on a forum and tried it. Even set to G, it flies now.

Jack

Thanks, but I didn't find in my Thompson router this setting. And like I said, I have many other devices connected to the same router, so if I had this setting and if I change it, did it somehow broke other connections?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Jack

Your essentially limiting the ability of your router by doing this. May I ask what router brand and model you're all using that's causing this?

Atsco

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Your essentially limiting the ability of your router by doing this. May I ask what router brand and model you're all using that's causing this?

I don't think, that this problem is in router, because if I turn Wifi power saving mode of in *#0011# menu, it sometimes helps. Now my wifi is all day OK, because I turned that mode of. But it sucks battery to much and after restart if turnes back on again. I read in Sammobile page, that in India was after 4.1.2 same problem.
http://www.sammobile.com/2012/12/11...4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-lots-of-new-features/

Atsco

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

I don't think, that this problem is in my router, because if I turn Wifi Power Saving Mode of in *#0011# settings, my wifi speed is OK. But it sucks battery to much and every time, after I restart my phone, it turns back on again. I find in Sammobile information, that in India was after 4.1.2 update same problem.

Atsco

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand, how can I delete my messages in this forum? I replayed two times by accident and now I want delete one of my messages, but...???:eek:

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Wifi is a connection that requires handshaking between the router and the use device. My own Note 2 gets essentially identical wifi speed to my Sony Vaio laptop (use a Netgear n-band router), but I wouldn't necessarily expect every device to perform the same.

Irish1842

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
My Note 2 (and my wife's S3) often have wifi download speeds 10-15mbps slower than my iPad (just now it was 20), though upload speeds are typically higher on the phones. I've been concerned about the slower wifi and thought about making this thread awhile ago.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My Note 2 (and my wife's S3) often have wifi download speeds 10-15mbps slower than my iPad (just now it was 20), though upload speeds are typically higher on the phones. I've been concerned about the slower wifi and thought about making this thread awhile ago.

My download is usually slower on my phone compared to PC (36 compared to 30) but upload is higher on phone (8 compared to 6). However, I do believe the Speed Test application has upload test issues because this makes no sense at all and it did have issues when LTE came out.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My download is usually slower on my phone compared to PC (36 compared to 30) but upload is higher on phone (8 compared to 6). However, I do believe the Speed Test application has upload test issues because this makes no sense at all and it did have issues when LTE came out.

I don't see lte in my area having 24+mbps down but only 4-6 up... :/ which is what speedtest says it is.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton