Auto Email Sync

glaustin

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys
I set up two email accounts and they work fine and I can manually sync them without a problem. However I cannot get them to auto sync.

Although I've checked both "sync email" and "email notifications" in each account and set peak schedule for every 30 minutes, nothing happens and it does not auto sync. When I look at email from the main settings both accounts have "sync disabled" under each. How do I get that to say "sync enabled"? Is there some obscure setting I haven't checked?

Regards,
Graham

glaustin

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Found the answer! Go into notifications. Look along the the main notification icons at the top (WiFi, GPS, Sound, etc). At the very end of those icons there is an icon called "sync". tap on that to open it and voila. Your emails will start auto syncing (providing you've checked the sync box in the email client itself...) Don't know why they don't make that plain when you set up your email client...

cmh2001

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I think I have seen that sync button before, but with the latest 4.2.2 update I don't see it anymore. All my accounts have sync disabled. Is there another fix?

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I think I have seen that sync button before, but with the latest 4.2.2 update I don't see it anymore. All my accounts have sync disabled. Is there another fix?

On the settings menu go go accounts click on each account and make sure sync is enabled there as well if the main sync option is already enabled

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums