emoji on galaxy note 2?

gandalfthegrey

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, so I have a galaxy note 2 with jelly bean 4.1.2 .. I can see emojis in black & white that people send or post. I saw the thread on how to simply enable emoji on the stock keyboard by adding emoji for English words in the settings for Android keyboard. However, the android keyboard is not in my language and input settings.. Any advice? I'd like to be able to send as it's possible. I don't want to use handcent etc.

Nicky Tenn

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: emoji on galaxy note 2 version 4.1.2

Please i need help i cant find the android keyboard all i have is the samsung keyboard and there is no dictionary add thing. I want to have emoji what do i do? I searched in the samsing keyboard options and there is no sign of emoji

- - - Updated - - -

Can u help me please?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

OK, so you can add emojis natively ONLY in the stock keyboard, wich we DON'T have in our Note 2's...we have Samsung's keyboard, which does not support emojis.

But the system does! What gives!?

Don't panic, just find an add-on. (Not the simplest method, not elegant perhaps, but so far the only way). I use MultiLing keyboard (Free from Google Play, no adds). It's not perfect, mind you, but it does let you add emojis to your messages. A few caveats, though:

1) You're using a separate keybaord. That means you have to select it every time you want to insert an emoji and switch back to your keyboard of choice when you want to insert text (unless you like how MultiLing handles text and make it your default keyboard, which I personally don't).
2) Emojis are visible ONLY to systems that support it. Twitter supports it on mobile (Android 4+, iOS 5+), Facebook doesn't natively support it, Whatsapp natively supports it (they even have the emoji keyboard built in), etc.
3) Bear in mind that not all systems can display emojis, so don't expect all your friends to see what you see.
4) PCs cannot show emojis natively, they need a plug in to show them on-screen. Newer Macs, however, can.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
You can do a quick Google search for 4.2 Android keyboard apk ;)

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

spydie2

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

OK, so you can add emojis natively ONLY in the stock keyboard, wich we DON'T have in our Note 2's...we have Samsung's keyboard, which does not support emojis.

But the system does! What gives!?

Don't panic, just find an add-on. (Not the simplest method, not elegant perhaps, but so far the only way). I use MultiLing keyboard (Free from Google Play, no adds). It's not perfect, mind you, but it does let you add emojis to your messages. A few caveats, though:

1) You're using a separate keybaord. That means you have to select it every time you want to insert an emoji and switch back to your keyboard of choice when you want to insert text (unless you like how MultiLing handles text and make it your default keyboard, which I personally don't).
2) Emojis are visible ONLY to systems that support it. Twitter supports it on mobile (Android 4+, iOS 5+), Facebook doesn't natively support it, Whatsapp natively supports it (they even have the emoji keyboard built in), etc.
3) Bear in mind that not all systems can display emojis, so don't expect all your friends to see what you see.
4) PCs cannot show emojis natively, they need a plug in to show them on-screen. Newer Macs, however, can.

Why not use a keyboard (swiftkey) that has emojis?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Swiftkey doesn't have emojis... it has smileys, that's different (and actually those smileys are awful, you can't even change them). What the OP wanted was true emojis, you know, the little cartoonish icons instead of smileys and stuff. Yes, they were made popular in iOS, and even more so with Whatsapp...

jamzijai2

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I was looking for the same thing after getting jealous over my friends iphone emojis so looked through the play store and found coolsymbols its a pink heart with a s inside it yeah it was its faults like having to click one by one but is well worth the effort hope you enjoy it as much as I am :D

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, what am I missing?❓😯 I am using the stock Samsung keyboard and it has emoji.🙌

Just to the left of the spacebar is a key showing a big T and a pen. If I tap and hold it for about one second I get a popup menu with three or four choices:
-the t/pen for handwriting
-sometimes a clipboard for pasting
-a gear for settings
-a smiley for emoji🎆

With the emoji keyboard active a row of buttons across the bottom allows me to choose from among six sets of emoji or return to mormal keyboard. Don't forget to scroll down within the keyboard to see the full assortment of emoji.