03-23-2018 08:48 AM
136 1234 ...
tools
    I've got Call Control installed as well!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-2013 05:40 PM
    Looks like we are getting an admission from Call Control that they are the cause of the problem:

Hello Ronald,

Thank you for emailing us. We apologize for the inconvenience. It is a new problem for us. We are now working on the issue and trying to fix it. Please try to uncheck "Keep Contacts Synced" option in your Settings.

Regards,

--

Maria Sadchikova

Call Control Support Team
    TBolt52 and SeaniB like this.
    03-15-2013 05:26 AM
    I see there is an update to Call Control v515 available. Installed it and unchecked the contracts sync option.

Thanks to you and Brodyboy for hunting this down.

03-15-2013 09:55 AM
    I am a bit pissed off about this whole ordeal.

It didn't seem that the folks at CALL CONTROL were surprised that this was happening. In other words, I believe they knew about it all along.

And, in the long run, this has caused damage to those of us who have been sitting here wondering what the hell is going on with our phone.

In the past two months, because of this problem, I have been scrambling to figure out the problem. I unrooted my phone. I formatted my phone. I wrote letters to Samsung complaining that something about this phone was defective.

All that time, all these problems were related to Call Control and I just wonder how long they knew about it.
    03-15-2013 10:21 AM
    many many thanks XD
    03-17-2013 07:10 AM
    I was able to fix my friend's Samsung Galaxy S3 contacts issue by downloading Contacts Sync Fix from the Google Play Store. It is free, and although it showed an error the first two times I tried to run it- I got it to work after a few more tries. So far that has been the only solution to fix the issue. I don't know if it would work, but you should give it a try! Let me know if it works, or if you find a better solution. Good luck!
    03-17-2013 03:49 PM
    I'm having the same issue and I also have call control.... Downloading contacts sync fix app to see if it helps.

Sammy 3
    03-28-2013 05:39 PM
    You will probably have better luck if you go into Call Control settings and uncheck the "keep contacts sync'ed" option.

03-28-2013 06:18 PM
    I am stock verizon andbhave the problem almost daily. Ive tried everything and nothing seems to help. Each time the google sync is dead but all others are showing no issue. A reboot is the only way to get it back and the google sync once again works. I disabled the google sync today and will see if that stops it. But I tried that once already and it was still an issue.
    04-01-2013 03:12 PM
    This keeps happening to me as well. But what is more annoying is that my entire text inbox is disappearing, too. This is happening more and more frequently to me than the contacts. I have to reboot my phone multiple times throughout the day to get my messages in my inbox back or even be able to receive messages at all. My boyfriend says he sent me a text when I haven't gotten it, but I have full service! Super annoying considering I just paid $400 for this phone!!
    04-05-2013 02:17 PM
    I had the same problem all my contacts missing and pics from gallery..but after i rooted my fone with Omega v.14 room now its working perfectly...try to root ut and see then...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    04-08-2013 07:20 AM
    My Contacts application Disappeared!
    04-23-2013 12:42 AM
    am facing a biger problem hope u or ny1 cn help. i used to have a blackberry bold 4 i got this app (contacts to excel) and imported all my contacts to my laptop now i bought a samsung note2 all the contacts dissapeared from my sim and i need a way to put them on my samsung from the laptop . ny1 plz help
    05-08-2013 06:44 PM
    Easy fix, don't be retarded by storing contacts to your device and rather create a Google account, sync all your contacts to that, and no matter what phone you have, wherever you are, they are all at your fingertips.

This only furthers my belief that common sense should be called hopeful sense, because it certainly is not common.
    05-08-2013 07:36 PM
    Easy fix, don't be retarded by storing contacts to your device and rather create a Google account, sync all your contacts to that, and no matter what phone you have, wherever you are, they are all at your fingertips.

This only furthers my belief that common sense should be called hopeful sense, because it certainly is not common.
    Perhaps common decency should be called hopeful decency, because it certainly isn't common with you. Tool!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-08-2013 07:43 PM
    That might be funny if common decency was ever used as a fraction as much as common sense
    05-08-2013 07:49 PM
    That might be funny if common decency was ever used as a fraction as much as common sense
    People make mistakes. The note could have been his first android phone and he wasn't knowledgeable about storing contacts on gmail. There was no need for you to call him retarded what so ever. Possibly ignorant, because he was ignorant of the process, but not retarded. That is a very rude and bigoted word.

I personally keep my numbers stored to my device because I don't like having my apps and contacts instantly synced everytime I get a new phone. I like to turn over a new leaf and start with a blank canvas. That does not make my common sense any less that yours.

To the user asking the question, are the contacts still stored on your laptop?

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    05-08-2013 07:59 PM
    Defender of hurt feelings, pump the brakes and have a cookie.

Retard actually means slow. The fact you associate it with a negative context does not mean I was insulting anyone.

I gave a very simple solution to the issue, glad we all forgot that.
    05-08-2013 08:06 PM
    am facing a biger problem hope u or ny1 cn help. i used to have a blackberry bold 4 i got this app (contacts to excel) and imported all my contacts to my laptop now i bought a samsung note2 all the contacts dissapeared from my sim and i need a way to put them on my samsung from the laptop . ny1 plz help
    Although the answer you received was correct, it was also incredibly condescending. I believe it is very rare that you find that here. Welcome to AC, I hope you enjoy your time here and I'm sure you will learn a lot.

Posted via Android Central App
    Mattu1665 and Jennifer Stough like this.
    05-08-2013 08:24 PM
    If this was a thread about trucks or heavy equipment which would validate the use of the word " retard " as being a meaning of slow or slowing of a vehicle I'd be fine with it.

Seeing how this isn't that type of thread, I'm not buying it.

When it comes to insults of ones intelligence or choice of actions I have ZERO tolerance for it.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    05-08-2013 09:37 PM
    I also had my contacts disappear. I had a post about it. Would have to power off and on to have it return. Did a full factory reset and still happened. Phone was replaced. There was an issue with the device. Been a smartphone user for a number of yrs. Never had an issue. Things happen

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    05-08-2013 11:37 PM
    If this was a thread about trucks or heavy equipment which would validate the use of the word " retard " as being a meaning of slow or slowing of a vehicle I'd be fine with it.

Seeing how this isn't that type of thread, I'm not buying it.

When it comes to insults of ones intelligence or choice of actions I have ZERO tolerance for it.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    Had i said "the smart thing to do would be not store them on the device but rather on a Google account..." would you still be mad or is that cool?
    05-09-2013 12:17 AM
    Had i said "the smart thing to do would be not store them on the device but rather on a Google account..." would you still be mad or is that cool?
    That would of been a much better way of putting things instead of the way it was originally stated.
    05-09-2013 12:21 AM
    Ok, so the issue was just with the word interpretation rather than the meaning. Got it, will be aware of that in the future.
    05-09-2013 12:28 AM
    Ok, so the issue was just with the word interpretation rather than the meaning. Got it, will be aware of that in the future.
    I think the biggest thing to consider when responding is always take into consideration the fact that we have many new and inexperienced users that come into the forums from other platforms and they make mistakes or are just plain and simple lost.

The way we word things or come across can be the deciding factor in them taking our advice seriously or looking elsewhere.The last thing anyone looking for help or answers is expecting is to be on the receiving end of a poor comment.

So thanks for understanding, we value everyone's help as long as its done with respect
    Mattu1665 likes this.
    05-09-2013 12:40 AM
136 1234 ...