All My Contacts Disappeared!

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I dunno. For me the problem just stopped. Don't want to have to pay for an app to take care of a problem that Samsung should have addressed. Glad to see, however, there is an app fix.

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Looks like we are getting an admission from Call Control that they are the cause of the problem:

Hello Ronald,

Thank you for emailing us. We apologize for the inconvenience. It is a new problem for us. We are now working on the issue and trying to fix it. Please try to uncheck "Keep Contacts Synced" option in your Settings.

Regards,

--

Maria Sadchikova

Call Control Support Team

TBolt52

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I see there is an update to Call Control v515 available. Installed it and unchecked the contracts sync option.

Thanks to you and Brodyboy for hunting this down.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I am a bit pissed off about this whole ordeal.

It didn't seem that the folks at CALL CONTROL were surprised that this was happening. In other words, I believe they knew about it all along.

And, in the long run, this has caused damage to those of us who have been sitting here wondering what the hell is going on with our phone.

In the past two months, because of this problem, I have been scrambling to figure out the problem. I unrooted my phone. I formatted my phone. I wrote letters to Samsung complaining that something about this phone was defective.

All that time, all these problems were related to Call Control and I just wonder how long they knew about it.

ShadowDroid3737

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I was able to fix my friend's Samsung Galaxy S3 contacts issue by downloading Contacts Sync Fix from the Google Play Store. It is free, and although it showed an error the first two times I tried to run it- I got it to work after a few more tries. So far that has been the only solution to fix the issue. I don't know if it would work, but you should give it a try! Let me know if it works, or if you find a better solution. Good luck! :)

SeaniB

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and I also have call control.... Downloading contacts sync fix app to see if it helps.

Sammy 3

TBolt52

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
You will probably have better luck if you go into Call Control settings and uncheck the "keep contacts sync'ed" option.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jlschulz

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I am stock verizon andbhave the problem almost daily. Ive tried everything and nothing seems to help. Each time the google sync is dead but all others are showing no issue. A reboot is the only way to get it back and the google sync once again works. I disabled the google sync today and will see if that stops it. But I tried that once already and it was still an issue.

crown_mant24

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
This keeps happening to me as well. But what is more annoying is that my entire text inbox is disappearing, too. This is happening more and more frequently to me than the contacts. I have to reboot my phone multiple times throughout the day to get my messages in my inbox back or even be able to receive messages at all. My boyfriend says he sent me a text when I haven't gotten it, but I have full service! Super annoying considering I just paid $400 for this phone!! :':)mad:

ludikreco

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem all my contacts missing and pics from gallery..but after i rooted my fone with Omega v.14 room now its working perfectly...try to root ut and see then...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

slim12345

May 9, 2013
Visit site
am facing a biger problem hope u or ny1 cn help. i used to have a blackberry bold 4 i got this app (contacts to excel) and imported all my contacts to my laptop now i bought a samsung note2 all the contacts dissapeared from my sim and i need a way to put them on my samsung from the laptop . ny1 plz help

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Easy fix, don't be retarded by storing contacts to your device and rather create a Google account, sync all your contacts to that, and no matter what phone you have, wherever you are, they are all at your fingertips.

This only furthers my belief that common sense should be called hopeful sense, because it certainly is not common.

Mattu1665

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Easy fix, don't be retarded by storing contacts to your device and rather create a Google account, sync all your contacts to that, and no matter what phone you have, wherever you are, they are all at your fingertips.

This only furthers my belief that common sense should be called hopeful sense, because it certainly is not common.

Perhaps common decency should be called hopeful decency, because it certainly isn't common with you. Tool!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12