All My Contacts Disappeared!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
That might be funny if common decency was ever used as a fraction as much as common sense

People make mistakes. The note could have been his first android phone and he wasn't knowledgeable about storing contacts on gmail. There was no need for you to call him retarded what so ever. Possibly ignorant, because he was ignorant of the process, but not retarded. That is a very rude and bigoted word.

I personally keep my numbers stored to my device because I don't like having my apps and contacts instantly synced everytime I get a new phone. I like to turn over a new leaf and start with a blank canvas. That does not make my common sense any less that yours.

To the user asking the question, are the contacts still stored on your laptop?

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Defender of hurt feelings, pump the brakes and have a cookie.

Retard actually means slow. The fact you associate it with a negative context does not mean I was insulting anyone.

I gave a very simple solution to the issue, glad we all forgot that.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
am facing a biger problem hope u or ny1 cn help. i used to have a blackberry bold 4 i got this app (contacts to excel) and imported all my contacts to my laptop now i bought a samsung note2 all the contacts dissapeared from my sim and i need a way to put them on my samsung from the laptop . ny1 plz help

Although the answer you received was correct, it was also incredibly condescending. I believe it is very rare that you find that here. Welcome to AC, I hope you enjoy your time here and I'm sure you will learn a lot.

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If this was a thread about trucks or heavy equipment which would validate the use of the word " retard " as being a meaning of slow or slowing of a vehicle I'd be fine with it.

Seeing how this isn't that type of thread, I'm not buying it.

When it comes to insults of ones intelligence or choice of actions I have ZERO tolerance for it.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I also had my contacts disappear. I had a post about it. Would have to power off and on to have it return. Did a full factory reset and still happened. Phone was replaced. There was an issue with the device. Been a smartphone user for a number of yrs. Never had an issue. Things happen

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If this was a thread about trucks or heavy equipment which would validate the use of the word " retard " as being a meaning of slow or slowing of a vehicle I'd be fine with it.

Seeing how this isn't that type of thread, I'm not buying it.

When it comes to insults of ones intelligence or choice of actions I have ZERO tolerance for it.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

Had i said "the smart thing to do would be not store them on the device but rather on a Google account..." would you still be mad or is that cool?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Had i said "the smart thing to do would be not store them on the device but rather on a Google account..." would you still be mad or is that cool?
That would of been a much better way of putting things instead of the way it was originally stated.

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so the issue was just with the word interpretation rather than the meaning. Got it, will be aware of that in the future.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so the issue was just with the word interpretation rather than the meaning. Got it, will be aware of that in the future.
I think the biggest thing to consider when responding is always take into consideration the fact that we have many new and inexperienced users that come into the forums from other platforms and they make mistakes or are just plain and simple lost.

The way we word things or come across can be the deciding factor in them taking our advice seriously or looking elsewhere.The last thing anyone looking for help or answers is expecting is to be on the receiving end of a poor comment.

So thanks for understanding, we value everyone's help as long as its done with respect :)

rgr3

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am having this same problemm all my contacts disappear... I try to go to menu, display settings.. and I see no SIM.. please help.. I reboot my phone like 5-6 times and no fix.. lost all my contacts.

asim_aguero

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Found the solution!! Finally after trying everything i possibly could, I have realised why my damn contacts disappeared.

Whichever account you have your contacts stored on i.e google, hotmail etc must be updated. I had the old hotmail app, and forgot to upgrade to the new outlook app (as hotmail has been replaced by outlook apparently :/ ). And all my contacts are back! panic over, good luck :p

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I recommend to anyone with a Note 2 to backup their contacts, and it's easy. Go to Settings in Contacts, choose Import/Export and choose either Export to USB or Export to SD card. The first backs up to the phone's internal storage and the second to your SD card. It's easy to restore by simply choosing Import later. You lose absolutely no data in any of your contact fields. I've done this.

Futhermore, you can easily import the .vcf file that the export creates to nearly all other contact software on or off the phone.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Last edited:

Archu86

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I faced the same issue today and had it resolved with a reboot... I do not ve Call control installed... Please let me know if there is a permanent solution for this...

Dana Pulley

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It worked! Seemed as though every other number had disappeared from my phone, all of my family back home in particular. You're so sweet to post step by step instructions for this! :-*

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me. Weird. Rebooted. Still did it. Factory reset. Still did it. Called Verizon. Got a replacement. Been perfect

sent from my amazing Note2

asim_aguero

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I updated to outlook and nothin.. my contacts still doesnt come up.. PLEASE Help.. I had like 500-600 contacts
Update all the accounts that you can possibly use for contacts, google, gmail, samsung account, homail etc. it should work

- - - Updated - - -

you're welcome

- - - Updated - - -

you're welcome too :)

Naveen Garg

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Even I have faced a similar problem. While managing my contacts on Galaxy note II, I accidentally tapped "merge with Samsung" and have lost all my contacts. Can some one help me recover my contacts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2