All My Contacts Disappeared!

LloydSwift

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
My contacts all just disappeared! I used them a few hours ago but when I went to look for them to call someone, they were all gone! I tried rebooting my phone twice but they have not come back yet!!! Help!!!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My contacts all just disappeared! I used them a few hours ago but when I went to look for them to call someone, they were all gone! I tried rebooting my phone twice but they have not come back yet!!! Help!!!

Did you see the above post about "showing all contacts" I posted?

Did you sync your contacts will gmail?

Murat Sivaslioglu

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
hi everyone.
I hope there is someone find solution for this contacts disappear problem.
this isnt about displaying . I dont have anything on gmail either
ı had more than 1500 contacts and ı had their name at whatsapp too.
but now there isnt any contacts and at whatsapp there isnt any name, i can see just few of my contacts number at whatsapp
ı tried antivirus programmes. there isnt any detected virus, tried contact snyc fix. but nothing come back yet.
please your urgent help needed.

adiva45

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
They're probably not lost. In Contacts, go to Menu and then tap Contacts To Display. Tinker in these setting and you'll figure out which list is the right one and which ones you want to see. You can see Google contacts, Phone contacts, SIM contacts, All contacts, and other accounts you have. While you're in there, make sure which accounts you have set to sync.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I tried this too and it didn't help. It is properly set up to display all contacts. The issue I see is that "Sync is currently experiencing problems".
Well, I don't care if it's having an issue syncing but it shouldn't delete what's in the memory of my phone in the meantime!!! And the same problem is happening with my other Galaxy Note 2, on which I did a full factory reset but it didn't solve the problem either...

I think I actually solved the problem but it came at the cost of having to reformat and reset the phone.

I was actually rooted, which may have been the cause from the beginning. Curious to find out how many other people having this problem are rooted.

Anyhow, after flashing my phone with stock AT&T firmware and restoring all my information I don't seem to have the problem with my contacts disappearing anymore.

FYI, This didn't work for me. Still same issue... :-(

Finally solved this by downloading "Contacts Sync Fix" from the Play store.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

This filled me up with hope but it didn't work: "Group query returned null. This is not expected. Fix may not have been fully applied" and my contacts are still missing... :-(

I am a bit pissed off about this whole ordeal.

It didn't seem that the folks at CALL CONTROL were surprised that this was happening. In other words, I believe they knew about it all along.

And, in the long run, this has caused damage to those of us who have been sitting here wondering what the hell is going on with our phone.

In the past two months, because of this problem, I have been scrambling to figure out the problem. I unrooted my phone. I formatted my phone. I wrote letters to Samsung complaining that something about this phone was defective.

All that time, all these problems were related to Call Control and I just wonder how long they knew about it.

Don't get too mad at them, I still think it is a Samsung or Google issue, because many of us are having the same problem and we don't use Call Control.

I recommend to anyone with a Note 2 to backup their contacts, and it's easy. Go to Settings in Contacts, choose Import/Export and choose either Export to USB or Export to SD card. The first backs up to the phone's internal storage and the second to your SD card. It's easy to restore by simply choosing Import later. You lose absolutely no data in any of your contact fields. I've done this.

Futhermore, you can easily import the .vcf file that the export creates to nearly all other contact software on or off the phone.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

FYI, I re-imported my exported files and the contacts still keep on disappearing / reappearing...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherbeam Wright

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I had this same problem with my HTC one. The way I fixed it was...
1. Go to contacts
2. Click "Phonebook" drop down for on the left which says "multiple sources"
3. The drop down list includes SIM, Google, G+ Phone
4. Each item is followed by the number of contacts and ellipses "..."
5. Click the ellipses for the type of contact you are trying to find (in my case Google)
6. My groups were listed, then there was an option at the bottom for including "ungrouped" contacts
7. I selected that option and my contacts came back

Hope this helps some of you!

Redevine

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

It has been a long time since there has been activity on this topic.
I just (5hours ago) had the same problem with my CUBOT X6 (chinese brand like HUAWEI).
I have the android version 4.2.2 and tried every previous solutions, but none worked.
Most of the people who have this problem work with google, but I had my contacts syncted with hotmail.

When I looked on my computer on hotmail, I saw my contacts were still there but couldn't get synchronized
with android.

I Deleted my hotmail and gmail account and reinstalled it.
To delete a preinstalled account
1) Go to contacts (or phonebook)
2) tap the left android button to show the settings (left of the home-button)
3) tap "accounts"
4) select the account where your contacts were syncted with
5) again, tap the left android button to show the settings (left of the home-button)
6) tap "remove account"

After you did this, reinstall your account

7) Go to your phone "settings"
8) When you scroll down, you will find "Accounts" and tap "Add account"
9) Follow the steps as shown

After completing the installation of your account,

10) the same place where you tapped "Add account", tap the above email address
11) Then it should show you your email address with "sync is OFF". Tap this
12) click on "contacts" and then it starts to synchronize all your contacts.

I hope I helped some people with this
Plz let me know

Greetings :cool:

tengamm

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
THank you for your advice,I have a smsung note that the contact button has just disappeared. though I can send messages and access contact saved on phone, but I can call or save a number.cotact through the phone. kindly any body with asolution

Abrar Ali Katpar

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I saw the conversation,and i tought why not to help you ? So,if you ever have a problem with the contacts list,you must do this couple of steps :
*Go to contacts
*Hit the menu button and select more
*Then go to Display options
*Scroll down and you will see Phone,and SIM under him
If you have your contacts saved in your SIM card hit SIM and select All contacts.
That's all,hope that i helped you :) If you need some more help,feel free to ask me :)

I have also resembling problem how to solve in android samsung galaxy beam when I go for finding contact in search area suddenly disappears the screen and I have to go again to go to contact an find many time if I m lucky once after 15 to20 times I will find the contact to call. Please help if any.

Last edited by a moderator:

usmanfastian

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I saw the conversation,and i tought why not to help you ? So,if you ever have a problem with the contacts list,you must do this couple of steps :
*Go to contacts
*Hit the menu button and select more
*Then go to Display options
*Scroll down and you will see Phone,and SIM under him
If you have your contacts saved in your SIM card hit SIM and select All contacts.
That's all,hope that i helped you :) If you need some more help,feel free to ask me :)

I am using samsung galaxy star pro, my contacts are disappeared and when i open contacts there comes "Updating contacts list" and menu button brings only keypad not the menu. Kindly help...

arshajib

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
My problem is a bit different.
When i reboot my phone, then it shows "contacts stopped unfortunately". And no contact is available. I can't even open contact app.

Then i noticed in titanium backup that my contact storage is uninstalled. (Phone is rooted)

I restored it, the problem is fixed!

Every time i reboot my phone , every time this happens.

Thanks.

Kuah Siang

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My dad is using this Asus Padfone Infinity and his contacts are randomly going missing. and its only certain contacts with no apparent order as they are all not group together. I have tried rebooting and reformatting the phone as well as unsync and resync with google plus. The issue was that the second phone a Samsung Galaxy S4 is on the same google plus account. and when the Asus phone start to sync the missing contacts are taken down from google plus (i think) as the S$ contacts reflect the same changes after. I have no idea whats going on with the phone, can someone please help me with this?

I have a personal phone that is Samsung Note 3 and i do not have this issue at all.

Thanks for reading my plea for help!

Btw i have tried the changing the display setting already and the thing is my dad do not save any contacts on simcard.

Crystal Jones6

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
This worked for me!
Go to contacts! Then go to settings! Then go to At&t Address Book and then hit Sync now. After a few min ALL of my contacts reappeared. Auto sync was checked, but I don't know if it was auto synced. I hope that works!

cj

Borshon

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Just few days before i install the facebook app on my samsung galaxy ace.Then i sync contact on the facebook after that i lost all of my phone contact.then i uninstall the facebook app.So can you please help me to get back my contact.i checked on the menu of contact but it doesn't help me.