Kies will not work on my MAC!! HELP! i have tried everything

dombarnes

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I need help guys and gals.

I got my Note 2 a few days ago now, and Kies was working fine, i could connect fine and i could transfer movies and songs fine too. However this morning i happened to pull the USB Cable without disconnecting it properly and after that i have NOT been able to connect for the whole day. My friend got the same note 2 as me and was able to connect fine using the same Kies on my PC with the same USB cable this happening after i spent the whole day trying to fix it.. I have tried everything and i mean EVERYTHING to get it back again. I have unistalled and reinstalled Kies on my Mac, i have troubleshooted Kies by using the tools icon at the top. I have also tried to debug the USB in development settings. I have tried to install another version. I have restated my Mac and Note 2. I am running gout of ideas. Im starting to feel that my ONLY option is to restore the phone back to its factory settings. and i have already done that for another different reason.

Please help, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know this might feel like a stretch, but have you tried doing a battery pull? Just take the battery out, leave it for say, 15 minutes, and then put it back in and reboot. I'd also try to connect the phone in a different USB port in your computer. If you feel the issue is with your phone, you could try to connect it in another computer and see if it works there.

dombarnes

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
i have used multiple USB ports from my mac, but still the same problem occurs. ill try the battery pull. If it connects with another another computer what would you suggest i do?

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ahhhh too late. You already got it working. Smooth!

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, leader of the Android Taliban. I will blow up 1,000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear you got it working again :)

Smart Phones sometimes act up and become dumb :p Pulling the battery out for a while clears out any remaining bits of data that might have been left astray (since you leave the phone sans-juice, it cannot store volatile data), and that usually solves many problems when something that was working fine, suddenly, decides to go on a strike.

Krakus2000

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Kies is basically a piece of crap. After 2 months of playing with this software (if one can call it software) I still cannot understand how the company so big as Samsung with so many resources cannot write a decent piece of software for Mac users. It is just appalling. The program itself is behaving like a prima ballerina. Sometime it connects to the device, sometime it simply refuses for no reason at all. Even worse, if you are thinking about creating backups using this software, think again. Recently, I created the backup and then wanted to restore it on my GN2, after I was forced to do a factory reset. Being naive I thought it would be a simple operation. Wrong! The Kies refused to restore the created backup, several times crashed, several times supposedly was restoring, when in fact was just idling for hours. It was last time I used it for this purpose. Shame on Samsung!

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree with Krakus. Stay away from it! Used that junk for literally 2 days when i had my S3 before nuking it. Buggy, bloated, laggy etc the list goes on. Save your energy and avoid it. Just use other programs for Media and use Google to manage and sync services (especially contacts which is sublime)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar