Must Player Recommendations

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yup, even the tiny ones drive me insane. When I got my Note II I didn't even use it for a week until my shield came in so I could protect it. :p

I listen to music pretty much 90% of the time I'm at work so it's definitely a good 6-7hrs. It's what gives me a good timetable to test the apps recommended and also the solutions. So I'll report back tomorrow after work with the results.

I'll be putting my PowerAmp back to default so I can just test the MusicFX and if that doesn't work I'll try a combination of PowerAmp settings with the MusicFX disabled.

Have you tried music that's never been on an apple product? Conversion issue maybe?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried music that's never been on an apple product? Conversion issue maybe?

These are MP3's, albeit with high bit rate. Most of them are 320 kbps, although some are 192 kbps. Hardly any, if any, are lower than 192 kbps. No conversion needed, they play fine on any device, even my car.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
This might be a crazy question. But do you think your skipping could really be being caused by notifications coming in? It's an annoyance with Android that I have noticed coming from ios last year. Every time an email or text notification comes in, the music skips, pauses and then restarts. The only way to stop it would be to turn off notifications for the other items.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Notifications is one of the things that affect it. I'm fairly confident it's because the CPU is being clocked down when the screen is off to save battery. When this occurs and something else tries to use the CPU (notifications as an example) the CPU isn't running high enough to allow the audio to playback properly while receiving the notification.

As for my tests today. Disabling MusicFX didn't stop the skips. The 750ms delay in PowerAmp did seem to help though. Didn't get any skips after turning on the delay, albeit 750ms is a little low. I may email the developer to add 1s or 2s options. I'm confident that If I continue on I'll eventually hit an issue with 750ms. There is the higher audio priority option as well, but I played around with it and it definitely causes the OS to lag a bit so I want to a void that.

I'll continue testing the 750ms delay.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
After all of the settings you're testing out and getting no true fix maybe it's time for a factory reset and see if that helps. I understand setting up everything takes forever and as you know no one knows this more than me after all the CLNR I've dealt with. But it may be worth the effort if there is a chance the issue can be solved.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
After all of the settings you're testing out and getting no true fix maybe it's time for a factory reset and see if that helps. I understand setting up everything takes forever and as you know no one knows this more than me after all the CLNR I've dealt with. But it may be worth the effort if there is a chance the issue can be solved.

That'll be the next step, I still have to try out the high priority setting, but factory reset is the next option. Luckily this is a long weekend for Canadians so if I can't get it working right tomorrow I'll have Sunday/Monday to factory reset.

What's the best method to factory reset? Within the settings or within recovery? Any difference between the two?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That'll be the next step, I still have to try out the high priority setting, but factory reset is the next option. Luckily this is a long weekend for Canadians so if I can't get it working right tomorrow I'll have Sunday/Monday to factory reset.

What's the best method to factory reset? Within the settings or within recovery? Any difference between the two?

Just go to the settings menu and perform a factory reset.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I spend a lot of time on the road listening to music and I really don't encounter the skips. That's why I mentioned the notifications. They are annoying.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been a fan of PowerAmp for years. It worked flawlessly on my old Droid 2 Global. However, ever since I upgraded to Razr M a few months ago and reinstalled PowerAmp there, every couple of days when I start PowerAmp it keeps telling me that my trial version expired and I have to uninstall/reinstall the PowerAmp Unlocker app at that point. Really annoying. I sent an email to the app's developer. Waiting to hear back. Does anyone know what's happening though and how to fix it?

Other than that, PowerAmp is the only player that will actually display the file's bitrate. Player Pro doesn't do it, as far as I can tell.

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I spend a lot of time on the road listening to music and I really don't encounter the skips. That's why I mentioned the notifications. They are annoying.
Settings --> Audio --> Audio Focus --> Short Audio Focus Change - make sure this option is unchecked.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just did a factory reset this morning. We'll see how that works out, was my last resort. Having Carbon to backup a few app settings was a life saver. Only did a couple games so as to not restore anything that could lead to a problem.