02-15-2013 06:07 PM
33 12
tools
    Your options of getting a new phone without losing unlimited data are not as good.

You can upgrade one of the other lines on your plan, if you have a family plan, or you can convert your plan to a family plan, then add a line

If you don't have a family plan, or don't want to add a line, then instead of buying at full retail, you can open a new line of service through Costco wireless, then cancel service and pay etf. You should still be able to return or exchange the phone within 90 days.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    Oh well, guess I'm sort of screwed. I just wish Samsung and Verizon had better options. CLNR to me means Like New. Not scratched or loose panels. Maybe when I'm ready to upgrade ill consider it but so far I don't want to lose unlimited data. The peace of mind is nice. Bill started on the 11th but I have been using Netflix to keep me awake so my data is sky rocketing for once...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    02-14-2013 10:44 PM
    Oh well, guess I'm sort of screwed. I just wish Samsung and Verizon had better options. CLNR to me means Like New. Not scratched or loose panels. Maybe when I'm ready to upgrade ill consider it but so far I don't want to lose unlimited data. The peace of mind is nice. Bill started on the 11th but I have been using Netflix to keep me awake so my data is sky rocketing for once...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/15/9ahy2yru.jpg

You are right, they should send you another one. With regards to getting new phone and keeping unlimited unthrottled 4glte, yeah, your options are more limited. But think long and hard before giving up unlimited unthrottled 4glte. Once it is gone, there is no going back, and the tiered data plans are extremely expensive for heavy data users.

Btw, just look at my avatar...

Eclipse2K likes this.
    02-15-2013 12:07 AM
    You are right, they should send you another one. With regards to getting new phone and keeping unlimited unthrottled 4glte, yeah, your options are more limited. But think long and hard before giving up unlimited unthrottled 4glte. Once it is gone, there is no going back, and the tiered data plans are extremely expensive for heavy data users.

Btw, just look at my avatar...

This is why I won't let go. I only use my phone away from home and there is no sense for me to have a Note II if I can't watch video and stream music to my hearts content away from home. If I lose unlimited data I'd rather save the money and get a basic phone to be honest. I'd be paying Verizon just to worry about limits?

dpham00 likes this.
    02-15-2013 12:22 AM
    This is why I won't let go. I only use my phone away from home and there is no sense for me to have a Note II if I can't watch video and stream music to my hearts content away from home. If I lose unlimited data I'd rather save the money and get a basic phone to be honest. I'd be paying Verizon just to worry about limits?

I agree, I had a basic phone before my thunderbolt, I got the thunderbolt for the 4glte, and wanted to use my phone to stream music and video in addition to email and browsing. I would not be happy if I had to eliminate streaming. Having a beautiful display just to check email and browsing seems like a waste.

Btw, i like amazon instant video HD over Netflix, it seems to have a better image. Of course. Netflix seems to use 400mb/hr while amazon instant video HD uses 1gb/hr.

02-15-2013 07:44 AM
    I agree, I had a basic phone before my thunderbolt, I got the thunderbolt for the 4glte, and wanted to use my phone to stream music and video in addition to email and browsing. I would not be happy if I had to eliminate streaming. Having a beautiful display just to check email and browsing seems like a waste.

Btw, i like amazon instant video HD over Netflix, it seems to have a better image. Of course. Netflix seems to use 400mb/hr while amazon instant video HD uses 1gb/hr.

Amazon Video doesn't have an app though as far as I know.

02-15-2013 03:28 PM
    Amazon Video doesn't have an app though as far as I know.

Correct, i installed flash and play amazon instant video through Firefox. It works, but certainly not as convenient as an app.

02-15-2013 05:10 PM
    Correct, i installed flash and play amazon instant video through Firefox. It works, but certainly not as convenient as an app.

I wonder why Amazon has yet to release an application. I've been a Prime member for years and wish they would just do it already!
    02-15-2013 05:15 PM
    I wonder why Amazon has yet to release an application. I've been a Prime member for years and wish they would just do it already!
    They probably want less competition for their kindle fire. Since they have a kindle app, it should not be that difficult to make it work with regular android

Eclipse2K likes this.
    02-15-2013 06:07 PM
33 12