Note 2 & GS3 in the wild

budbay1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure I can't be alone in noticing this- but I am seeing more and more people using these two phones (especially the Note 2). All I used to ever see were iphones and random android phones (an htc here or Motorola there), maybe an occasional BlackBerry. But over the past month I am just seeing more and more people with either a GS3 or Note 2 and it is amazing.

I would literally attend meetings in the past where 90% of the people in the room had iphones. While Sammy has a long way to go, many times "only" about 3/4 of the people have iphones now. There's myself (ex-iphoner) and another person or two with Android and specifically GS3 or N2.

Anyone else seeing this or am I maybe just imaging it?

PS: I love when someone tells me my Note 2 is to big for them and it wouldn't fit in their pocket, then attempt to sqeeze their inch thick otterbox covered iphone into theirs!

Sent from the unparalleled Note 2

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I see GS3s quite a bit. Not so much with the note 2. But everyone asks about mine.

From my Galaxy Note 2

^^^this

Many GS3s. Only seen one other Note in public. At work I would say 55% iPhones, 25% GS3, 15% other androids and 5% dumbphones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Priceline commercial with the big bang chick.....she is holding a white gs3. At least even mainstream tv is going away from i-everywhere.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

budbay1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
In my dept there are two others with note 2 (graphic artists/apple people no less) and it definitely gets noticed - a 50 year old lady at the boy scout office knew exactly what mine was when I took it out and began to jot down a note - said her husband wanted one. Then at a card tournament at a table with 6 other random people, myself and another lady had the n2 (she said her two teenage kids are always pestering her to swap phones with them bc they have iphone 5 and like the n2 more) and two of the other people said they intended to get one. Random people who ask or people I know who ask how I'm liking it get the same, simple answer from me:
best phone I've ever had

I guess my point in all this is: I thought iphone had an impenetrable hold on smartphone users (myself included - I hated my xperia x10 and galaxy s back in the day and went back to iphone) and it is really surprising to me the traction these two specific phones have right now (gs3 & n2). And it is not only size I love my n2 - although I don't even use it everyday, the stylus and how great it is, is almost mandatory for my phones now & not those POS rubber tipped ones other devices use.

Sent from the unparalleled Note 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Everyone who sees my phone asks to hold it, ask what it can do, and then proceed to say they are going to get one...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Priceline commercial with the big bang chick.....she is holding a white gs3. At least even mainstream tv is going away from i-everywhere.

There is both a credit score app, and a tax app commercial that display the Note 2. It makes sense because like the Priceline one an advertiser can show off their app much better when it displays larger.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
There is both a credit score app, and a tax app commercial that display the Note 2. It makes sense because like the Priceline one an advertiser can show off their app much better when it displays larger.

^^^This

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2