Best simple tethering app for iPad to Android?

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Flying out of town tomorrow and would like to tether my iPad to my GN2. I read about a week ago about a supposedly very easy to use and free tethering app but can't recall where I read it or what it's name was. Any suggestions? I'm on AT&T fwiw.

TIA

EDIT: Forgot to mention...not rooted.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Nm. Just found a great app, 1-Click Tether Hotspot Pro. Downloaded the free version just to see if it works on at&t and it does. Worked great! Liked it so much I downloaded the pro version so I could set up security on it whenever I use it. Also claims to increase speed on the pro version. I will try it tomorrow and let everyone know how it went.

Guping

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The best thing to do is really to root you phone and I think it's the safest as far as tethering is concerned. If you root your phone you will have free tethering and if you have unlimited data it's even better. Rooting is very easy. Just read sections on how to root and you're all set or go to GalaxyNote2Root.com and just follow the instructions. After you root your phone you can then install a new ROM and most of these ROMs include an unlocked tether. For installing ROMs ( ( I think the correct term for installing ROMs is "flash ROM") you can go to scottsroms.com. I think this reply might be too late for your travel but I hope this helps.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guping. I may try that soon. I don't want to mess up my warranty but am interested in rooting. I'm in the Detroit airport right now and have to say the tethering app I mentioned is working very well.

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
if you are connected to your pc via usb, easytether app is good, i have used it works pretty well.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Rooted my Note 2 four days after it was released back in December. Never looked back to stock afterwards. The built-in tethering app by Verizon activated by the Beans ROM is awesome. :D

Greg P1

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a question about this; why the need for a tethering app? My GN2 has an easy hotspot setting under wireless settings. No problem at all tethering my iPad to it. I'm sure I'm probably missing something here.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about this; why the need for a tethering app? My GN2 has an easy hotspot setting under wireless settings. No problem at all tethering my iPad to it. I'm sure I'm probably missing something here.

Some carriers disable native tethering so they can make money off their own tethering services. My carrier, at&t, is one of those.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I was confused by this thread since I've always been able to tether on Telus. But makes sense now that some US carriers block this feature. Too bad.

bdbear68

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Foxfi works, but it limits you to 50 MB before you must reload the app. If you buy the fill version it is unlimited tethering.

Let me know if it worked for some of you with restricted tethering. I have used it on US Cellular which restricts their tethering.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I thought wireless tethering was the easiest way to get caught? And wired was the only way not to get caught by the service provider?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan