USB help, PLEASE!

bdbear68

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried hooking my Note 2 to the computer to access videos, and it didn't recognize my phone. I tried installing the driver for my provider from the Samsung website, but no luck. I was looking around and sounds like a common problem. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Its a common problem if you are a windows user. Windows 7 constantly replaces my samsung drivers with its own generic ones thst dont work on this phone. That is why every so often you have to reinstall drivers. No big deal once you set your phone up the way you want it.

Sent via Tapatalk

bdbear68

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help. It worked the second time I plugged it in. For some reason it installed the correct driver that time.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you want to avoid messing with drivers, try Kies Air... As long as you're in the same WiFi, it lets you manage your phone from your PC/Mac and transfer files. It is a bit slow on the interface but it's better than hassling with drivers (and now that Google removed USB Drive mode from Android, using MTP or Camera mode is just plain ugly, not being able to see preview-thumbnails)

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
If you want to avoid messing with drivers, try Kies Air... As long as you're in the same WiFi, it lets you manage your phone from your PC/Mac and transfer files. It is a bit slow on the interface but it's better than hassling with drivers (and now that Google removed USB Drive mode from Android, using MTP or Camera mode is just plain ugly, not being able to see preview-thumbnails)

I'd recommend AirDroid over Kies Air. I find Kies to be incredibly slow and buggy. AirDroid is a lot faster while offering more and has a nicer presentation.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I too was having serious problems hooking up my phone through USB to my PC. Most of the time if the files I'm transferring aren't too big I just do the transfer over WiFi which is pretty slow but bearable. But yeah I agree, some serious problems with these drivers on Windows 7. I get the error Missing Hardware ID quite often. No clue what to do other than uninstall drivers and reinstall. And sometimes that doesn't even fix it. PITA :(

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Android file transfer software worked like a charm but tried Kies and it doesn't work anymore. Kies wifi didn't work my first time so gave up on it . Now I use dropbox to transfer files since it's faster and less hassle. I don't like how Kies works with files since it appears to be duplicating my files.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax