Reading email messages aloud in driving mode

greatg67

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I have looked back at other posts to see if there was a solution to this. From what I have found and tried, I still can't get my email messages read aloud while in driving mode. I have enabled S-Voice, while in driving mode and have tried just driving mode. The only voice prompt I get is that I have a new message? Is there a solution for this or does this require a 3rd party apps? If so, could you recommend one.

Thanks!

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe that S-voice is based off of Vlingo (which is a good and free app) and the last time I played with Vlingo, it would only read the contents of text messages, not the contents of emails.

It would be difficult for an app to read most emails and you make much sense out of them because most are html based and laden with pictures.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found one that worked. Even siri doesn't read emails.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I've toyed with the accessibility settings in iOS to where I could get Siri to read anything on the screen including email by triple-tapping the home key.

I'm trying the same on the note 2 but haven't found a quick easy way like on iOS. If I figure something out I'll post here .

Sent from my SG Note 2 [Tapatalk]

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I've toyed with the accessibility settings in iOS to where I could get Siri to read anything on the screen including email by triple-tapping the home key.

I'm trying the same on the note 2 but haven't found a quick easy way like on iOS. If I figure something out I'll post here .

Sent from my SG Note 2 [Tapatalk]

Yeah, the triple tap was from the accessibility settings I think. I never tried that. I think it may be that emails contain HTML, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2