10-18-2013 05:00 AM
36 12
tools
    Here's my big issue with wireless charging. The way I do things, I have USB chargers "everywhere". I also have 6' cables attached to those chargers. I have cigarette lighter chargers in our 3 vehicles...when I want to charge our devices, I can do so just about "everywhere" around the house or car (I didn't even mention that if need be, I have laptops to charge from also). THEREFORE, If I switched to wireless charging, I'd want to have a BUNCH of those suckers spread around. Not something I want to do, due to the unnecessary, frivolous cost.

Just to give you all an idea of how many USB chargers we have, there are FOUR in the family room, FOUR in the bedroom, one or two in my office... (obviously we have other devices that charge via USB). I have more chargers laying around in drawers.
    To reply using your exact words from another post "LOL! I could say it sucks you don't like a feature that others do. no offense!!!! "
    02-23-2013 09:43 PM
    Let us know if the Note 2 pad from Ebay works!
    I have the LG WCP-700 charging mat for my Nexus 4. I must say that this is a pretty cool way to charge! I just ordered a receiver pad from a highly rated vendor on ebay for my Note 2. Can't wait to start using the charging mat with my note 2 also. In all honestly it is a bit of a gimmick. Not really practical of you have tons of usb chargers laying around. It is not new technology but it is pretty cool to charge your phone by just laying it down on a mat.
    02-23-2013 10:26 PM
    Yup

Sent from Note 2
    Droid_Evo_8 likes this.
    02-24-2013 12:38 AM
    Yup

Sent from Note 2
    Awesome. Thanx for posting it, Dave. Ordered 2 of those already.
    02-24-2013 02:45 AM
    Anyone have any feedback on this item?
    03-02-2013 02:54 PM
    I should be receiving it on Tue/Wed of this week. I will use it for a week or so then write up a review and post it on this forum.
    03-03-2013 01:04 PM
    I should be receiving it on Tue/Wed of this week. I will use it for a week or so then write up a review and post it on this forum.
    Thank you very much...
    03-03-2013 04:33 PM
    Just came in the mail. First impressions are pretty good. Working on a review. Should be up in the next few days complete with plenty of pictures.
    AZBrowncoat and roberte1342 like this.
    03-04-2013 01:14 PM
    No review? What happened Kris? I bought one early this month - I received it not realizing it would not work as it with my Sprint version. So far, I have been afraid to cut case. I thought about ordering another Sprint middle back cover to modify but those are over $20.
    04-26-2013 07:49 AM
    Here's my big issue with wireless charging. The way I do things, I have USB chargers "everywhere". I also have 6' cables attached to those chargers. I have cigarette lighter chargers in our 3 vehicles...when I want to charge our devices, I can do so just about "everywhere" around the house or car (I didn't even mention that if need be, I have laptops to charge from also). THEREFORE, If I switched to wireless charging, I'd want to have a BUNCH of those suckers spread around. Not something I want to do, due to the unnecessary, frivolous cost.

Just to give you all an idea of how many USB chargers we have, there are FOUR in the family room, FOUR in the bedroom, one or two in my office... (obviously we have other devices that charge via USB). I have more chargers laying around in drawers.
    Don't worry Samsung is already working on something that will work for you and the Note 4 will come with it. Here is the article about it. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 set for new wireless charging tech » Phone Reviews
    Chris Flowers likes this.
    10-18-2013 12:27 AM
    I purchased one similar to the one linked in the first post.

I've no issue with wireless charging as it exists in current form. I think it serves a purpose and for me it is most beneficial on my bedside cabinet. Why? Instead of fumbling around for the end of the cable in the dark, now all I do is place the phone on the receiver. Secondly it's charge rate is somewhere between USB and mains. So it's not particularly fast which is again another reason it's best use is on my bedside cabinet, as it has all night to charge.

I don't believe the idea behind wireless charging is to replace wired charging, least not till it's on par with wired in terms of charge rate. It's just meant to meet the requirements of those who feel it would be of practical benefit. I would imagine someone who sits at a desk all day and answers their phone regularly for business may also appreciate it. Instead of repeatedly unplugging and plugging back in, just remove and replace on receiver.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    10-18-2013 05:00 AM
36 12