Me and my buddy were at the airport yesterday waiting for our departure and we wanted to try out s beam. We both turned s beam on and I opened the playlist I wanted to send and i tapped the back of his phone and then nothing happened.... I couldn't figure out how to send compete playlists but i was able to send songs one by one. After the first couple songs I got tired of tapping each time so I transferred the songs via Bluetooth instead cause I didn't have to tap each time. So did the infamous commercial lie and said that playlists could be transferred when you could only transfer one song at a time or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    02-18-2013 09:39 PM
    Alas, you cant beam a complete playlist as the commercial suggest. But you can use wifi direct. It in the wifi section of settings. You basically create a network between 2 phones and send what ever you want. I transfer a 100 song playlist in about 1 minute and 700 meg file in about 3 minutes.

Very simple and takes merely seconds to set up.

Sent via Tapatalk
    skinneejay likes this.
    02-18-2013 11:25 PM
    Oh and once you set it up fo to the my files app and choose what you want to send by checking the boxes.

Sent via Tapatalk
    02-18-2013 11:27 PM
    Alas, you cant beam a complete playlist as the commercial suggest. But you can use wifi direct. It in the wifi section of settings. You basically create a network between 2 phones and send what ever you want. I transfer a 100 song playlist in about 1 minute and 700 meg file in about 3 minutes.

Sent via Tapatalk
    You can beam whole playlists, but you have to do it through the samsung media hub service. I was mildly pissed at that, but wifi direct is pretty much equal or beter in performance to s beam anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    02-19-2013 12:59 AM
    Doesnt that hub service cost money? If so then its not a viable solution said problem. Having said that the option i made above takes maybe 30 seconds longer to set up and is free.

Sent via Tapatalk
    02-19-2013 08:37 AM
    The problem with the suggestions so far is they require WiFi. In the situation described by the OP it didn't sound like they had access to WiFi. I really hate it when a company comes out and talks about how great a feature is. When they don't test it enough to know it doesn't work, except in a very small set of circumstances. Making that so called great feature all but useless like S-Beam and Android Beam.
    02-19-2013 11:15 AM
    The problem with the suggestions so far is they require WiFi. In the situation described by the OP it didn't sound like they had access to WiFi. I really hate it when a company comes out and talks about how great a feature is. When they don't test it enough to know it doesn't work, except in a very small set of circumstances. Making that so called great feature all but useless like S-Beam and Android Beam.
    No they dont. Wifi direct turns each phone into a wireless router and creates an adhoc network between the the 2. It creates a private network between multiple devices so that no outside service is required. I know this is how it works because a friend of mine at my job has a GN2 and we transfer lots of stuff all the time.

Sent via Tapatalk
    srvctec and skinneejay like this.
    02-19-2013 01:01 PM
    No they dont. Wifi direct turns each phone into a wireless router and creates an adhoc network between the the 2. It creates a private network between multiple devices so that no outside service is required. I know this is how it works because a friend of mine at my job has a GN2 and we transfer lots of stuff all the time.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Some how I missed the word direct in your post. Sorry about that.
    02-20-2013 12:11 PM

Sent via Tapatalk
    Thanks! I will try this out soon. One question, this wifi direct, do we have to both be on the same wifi network in order to get wifi direct to connect? Also, once connected, will we always be connected forever unless we disable the connection...sorta like how you are connected via wifi at home or work?
    02-21-2013 10:52 AM
    I tried to transfer whole play list to my wife nexus via wifi,, we were connected but for some reason it would not work. I then connected us via bluetooth and transferred the play list that way. Took about a half hour to transfer 50 songs but I did it. Still want to figure out why the wifi method did not work.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    02-21-2013 11:01 AM
    I kind of have the same problem. I can transfer to a co-workers gn2 but not to my wife's evolte.
    I tried to transfer whole play list to my wife nexus via wifi,, we were connected but for some reason it would not work. I then connected us via bluetooth and transferred the play list that way. Took about a half hour to transfer 50 songs but I did it. Still want to figure out why the wifi method did not work.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    02-21-2013 11:06 AM
    I kind of have the same problem. I can transfer to a co-workers gn2 but not to my wife's evolte.
    Evo 4G LTE doesn't have S beam capability. It does have wifi direct in which you can transfer that way. It is a Samsung feature, not a Android feature.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    02-21-2013 12:28 PM
    Yea thats what i was trying (wi-fi direct) we where able to make a connection but couldn't transfer anything.

Evo 4G LTE doesn't have S beam capability. It does have wifi direct in which you can transfer that way. It is a Samsung feature, not a Android feature.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    02-21-2013 03:40 PM
    Yea thats what i was trying (wi-fi direct) we where able to make a connection but couldn't transfer anything.
    I use the my files app. Go there after you get connected with wifi direct. There is an option to transfer with wifi direct. Just check the boxes of the stuff you want to transfer and all should be good

Sent via Tapatalk
    zmann likes this.
    02-21-2013 06:00 PM
    Oh and sbeam is nearly as easy or fast as the commercials make it out to be. I have used sbeam with another note 2 and a gs3.

Sent via Tapatalk
    02-21-2013 06:01 PM
    Thanks that's what I tried with no luck. Oh well I guess.
    I use the my files app. Go there after you get connected with wifi direct. There is an option to transfer with wifi direct. Just check the boxes of the stuff you want to transfer and all should be good

Sent via Tapatalk
    02-21-2013 08:33 PM
    side note: i thought they transferred just the list not the actual songs on the list (which I never understood in the commercial)
    02-22-2013 01:51 PM