Hello, I have setup the wake up command for S voice using the words "Hi Galaxy". By setting it up i would expect to activate the S Voice function by simply saying the two words while the phone is in whatever mood unless of course it's off. However, I found that my phone ignores my wakeup command and does nothing. Am I missing something here? By the way, I am using the stock headphones if it does matter.

What I really want is simple. When I have the headphones plugged into my ear and phone in my pocket, I would like to command my phone to tell me what time it is or to play music. I can do that with a long press and hold with my iphone...

Thanks in advance for your advice.

02-19-2013 07:18 PM
    You have to be running the S-Voice application to activate it using the S-Voice wakeup function. Very annoying.

I've solved this problem for in-car use by using CarHome Ultra to keep the screen on, and then leaving the phone in S-Voice. But that doesn't really solve your problem.

You might want to look into a voice recognition app called Utter. It's in beta and is available on the Play store and claims to be wakeable from anywhere via a voice command (at the expense of battery life). I tried it out a month or so ago but uninstalled it because it doesn't do as good a job with my wife's difficult-to-recognize name as S-Voice does (it uses Google's voice rec engine).
    02-20-2013 09:16 AM