Aching hands?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Agreed as far as 2-handed use goes, never a problem. It was when I was holding it in one hand and my fingers were on the back that the slippery feeling made me a bit anxious about dropping it.

One handed, holding by the sides, the phone is fine with the Cruzerlite a2 case which has some side grip. CruzerLite is nice since it is a compact case

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I hate cases of any kind, so use the phone naked and at first had some ache while either holding the phone up to my ear or sometimes using it one-handed. But I realized it was because I was worried about dropping it and was gripping it too tightly. I've since adjusted and have a much better feel for the phone in my hand, so no more aches or worries. :)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
No problems here after a month of use. I have two cases I use though and both are super thin and give a good grip. The one I have now is the Lloyd one from Android Central. It's a great case. It's a trade off if you don't like a case I guess. I don't use it for protection really. I like the grip it gives the phone.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Try Flygrip. Very easy to hold and also useful as a stand -- landscape or portrait. Also very responsive company. Mine was defective, they immediately sent me a replacement.

What size flygrip did you get, the large one? And are you using it with the free case? How is the case they give you?

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the large one. I am using it with the case. That way I can easily use the phone naked, but I find that I almost never take it off. I end up using it quite a bit, not just for reading.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else getting pain in their hands or primarily finger joint from using this thing? I have had this thing for a little over 2 months and my hands just ache from holding it. I am thinking about trading it for a Droid DNA on Craigslist because I am thinking the screen size will be more kind to me.

Not a doctor here, but it sounds a little like you might have carpal tunnel syndrome. Might want to get checked. I have it mildly and if I hold my Kindle Fire one handed for too long it starts acting up on me.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Not a doctor here, but it sounds a little like you might have carpal tunnel syndrome. Might want to get checked. I have it mildly and if I hold my Kindle Fire one handed for too long it starts acting up on me.

Yeah I have been thinking about checking it out. I have been into powerlifting for about a decade and I work 40 per week at a desktop, so maybe it is catching up quicker than I thought it would.

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I did for the first month or so. I almost returned it. Then I got use to it and don't have any more cramps

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Rogier van Mansvelt

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I just bought the Samsung S6 yesterday, and after holding it for about 30 minutes my fingertips started to feel strange. The next morning they still feel strange, like numb, or after they have been very cold in winter time. I am just scared to touch the phone again. It's seems like a kind of magnetic field on the back side when the WIFI is on and you hold your fingers on the back and writing with your thumbs. I have never had any problems with phones of similar sizes or weight.
However I have the same thing when using the integrated mouse pad from the Samsung SensS R460 notebook. So I always use external keybord and mouse.

I am very disappointed as I just traded in my Iphone 6 as it the screen was not working properly, in the phone shops in Cambodia they do not give warranty. So with the left over money I could still purchase the Samsung S6, very beautiful and easy to use, however now I go back to my old phone and have to trade in the Samsung S6. There should be some research on the level of electric fields its create. My fingers might be a bit sensitive but I just cannot touch it anymore. But no problem with earlier models from Samsung.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Samsung S6 yesterday, and after holding it for about 30 minutes my fingertips started to feel strange. The next morning they still feel strange, like numb, or after they have been very cold in winter time. I am just scared to touch the phone again. It's seems like a kind of magnetic field on the back side when the WIFI is on and you hold your fingers on the back and writing with your thumbs. I have never had any problems with phones of similar sizes or weight.
However I have the same thing when using the integrated mouse pad from the Samsung SensS R460 notebook. So I always use external keybord and mouse.

I am very disappointed as I just traded in my Iphone 6 as it the screen was not working properly, in the phone shops in Cambodia they do not give warranty. So with the left over money I could still purchase the Samsung S6, very beautiful and easy to use, however now I go back to my old phone and have to trade in the Samsung S6. There should be some research on the level of electric fields its create. My fingers might be a bit sensitive but I just cannot touch it anymore. But no problem with earlier models from Samsung.
That's interesting since the S6 and S6 Edge have some of the lowest tested SAR values of modern smartphones.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12