09-07-2015 04:13 AM
32 12
tools
    Is anyone else getting pain in their hands or primarily finger joint from using this thing? I have had this thing for a little over 2 months and my hands just ache from holding it. I am thinking about trading it for a Droid DNA on Craigslist because I am thinking the screen size will be more kind to me.
    02-20-2013 07:29 PM
    are you holding on too tight? my phone has never bothered my hands.
    02-20-2013 07:32 PM
    are you holding on too tight? my phone has never bothered my hands.
    I don't think so. I hold it just as tight as any other phone but this one just causes pain in my finger and wrist joints. It is weird. Just started noticing it from the last few weeks. I don't think it is inflammation from working out, diet and work.
    02-20-2013 07:36 PM
    You're holding it wrong! (I just had to say it)

I notice it's very different to hold than say anything smaller and I came from an iPhone 4. I try not to force myself to use one hand because seriously, it's difficult at times. But I'm holding it tighter I believe because I think it will slip out of my hands. I sometimes install the flip cover to give my hand a break, it's tempting to use one hand for every gesture with this phone.
    02-20-2013 07:43 PM
    Yeah I guess I will see how it works out for awhile. I am going to wait awhile before I make the decision to trade it or keep it. My biggest problem with trading it is that I lose insurance, which scares the crap out of me since my Galaxy Nexus has a shattered screen and Verizon said I didn't have insurance even though I told the rep to enroll me.
    02-20-2013 07:50 PM
    It definitely takes a little getting used to. I use my pinkie finger as a rest under the phone, 3 fingers on the back and my thumb on the side. All with a light grip and it works great with one hand. My only complaint is that I can't reach the top left of the screen one-handed. It is a minor annoyance for such an awesome phone.
    Tokio_Love and serpico like this.
    02-20-2013 08:58 PM
    The only case I can use it a Flip Cover. Even the Protective Case by Samsung makes my phone too big in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Jude526 and DAS like this.
    02-20-2013 09:09 PM
    When using one hand I hold mines like jneusch. I like using two hands though. I have no problems with my hands aching, you probably are being a little heavy handed (I am with my pen or pencil, I ache for hours,lol)
    02-20-2013 11:31 PM
    I've been using my pinky to hold the bottom too. But seriously, we weren't designed to hold phones in our hands for hours on end! Two hands will just work and for how incredible this phone is, I'm fine with that.
    02-20-2013 11:39 PM
    I use 2 hands except when I use the S Pen. That is when I run into problems. I am thinking I should just hold onto this until Verizon gets something similar to HTC One.
    02-20-2013 11:51 PM
    Is anyone else getting pain in their hands or primarily finger joint from using this thing? I have had this thing for a little over 2 months and my hands just ache from holding it. I am thinking about trading it for a Droid DNA on Craigslist because I am thinking the screen size will be more kind to me.
    Sound like you need to strengthen you grip. I have never had a issue with mine and have had it over 2 months. I use mine one handed 90% of the time and even though I have arthritis I cant say that I can blame it for causing any more pain than normal in my hands.
    02-21-2013 12:19 AM
    Sound like you need to strengthen you grip. I have never had a issue with mine and have had it over 2 months. I use mine one handed 90% of the time and even though I have arthritis I cant say that I can blame it for causing any more pain than normal in my hands.
    Haha I am an avid weight lifter, so strength isn't the issue. I think it is from gripping it too hard when I do not have a case on it.
    02-21-2013 01:10 AM
    Haha I am an avid weight lifter, so strength isn't the issue. I think it is from gripping it too hard when I do not have a case on it.
    Don't lose grip either. The Note II is a slippery piece of equipment! I can't stand cases myself though and that's why I use the Flip Cover. Screen protection + better grip due to the spine of the case.
    02-21-2013 01:17 AM
    Try Flygrip. Very easy to hold and also useful as a stand -- landscape or portrait. Also very responsive company. Mine was defective, they immediately sent me a replacement.
    rkeenan likes this.
    02-21-2013 07:32 AM
    I had the same problem too, my main problem is with typing, but started to use SwiftKey Flow and it helped

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    02-21-2013 09:59 AM
    I think it is from gripping it too hard when I do not have a case on it.
    I think you're right, I've always found mine too slippery. Try an inexpensive TPU case for a while and see how much easier it is to hold. I have an Amzer from Amazon and it's got a nice grippy diamond pattern on the sides, yet still slides into a pocket easily.
    Amazon.com: Amzer AMZ95211 TPU Skin Case Cover with Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 (Fits All Carriers) - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - White: Cell Phones & Accessories
    02-21-2013 10:05 AM
    I got a cruzer lite case for a few bucks more but I like it and it doesn't add much bulk, and has side grip

TheOtherBill likes this.
    02-21-2013 10:53 AM
    Thanks guys. I will buy a TPU case for use around the house then. I will never take a TPU outside because that is how the screen cracked on my GNex. I think I get to worried that I will drop it and then put a death grip on the phone.
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    02-21-2013 12:49 PM
    I am a lefty. I hold the phone in my right hand. I type with my thumb on my left hand. I am only 5ft2 and small hands. The phone feels great. I don't have a tight grip on it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    02-21-2013 10:11 PM
    I am a lefty. I hold the phone in my right hand. I type with my thumb on my left hand. I am only 5ft2 and small hands. The phone feels great. I don't have a tight grip on it.
    Agreed as far as 2-handed use goes, never a problem. It was when I was holding it in one hand and my fingers were on the back that the slippery feeling made me a bit anxious about dropping it.
    02-21-2013 10:24 PM
    Agreed as far as 2-handed use goes, never a problem. It was when I was holding it in one hand and my fingers were on the back that the slippery feeling made me a bit anxious about dropping it.
    One handed, holding by the sides, the phone is fine with the Cruzerlite a2 case which has some side grip. CruzerLite is nice since it is a compact case

02-22-2013 01:26 AM
    I hate cases of any kind, so use the phone naked and at first had some ache while either holding the phone up to my ear or sometimes using it one-handed. But I realized it was because I was worried about dropping it and was gripping it too tightly. I've since adjusted and have a much better feel for the phone in my hand, so no more aches or worries.
    02-22-2013 10:45 AM
    No problems here after a month of use. I have two cases I use though and both are super thin and give a good grip. The one I have now is the Lloyd one from Android Central. It's a great case. It's a trade off if you don't like a case I guess. I don't use it for protection really. I like the grip it gives the phone.

Sent from my Really Big Phone
    02-22-2013 10:55 AM
    Try Flygrip. Very easy to hold and also useful as a stand -- landscape or portrait. Also very responsive company. Mine was defective, they immediately sent me a replacement.
    What size flygrip did you get, the large one? And are you using it with the free case? How is the case they give you?
    02-22-2013 11:19 AM
    Yes, the large one. I am using it with the case. That way I can easily use the phone naked, but I find that I almost never take it off. I end up using it quite a bit, not just for reading.
    midmofan likes this.
    02-23-2013 06:22 AM
32 12