Updated Version of Note 2 OtterBox defender is coming in the following weeks!!!!!!

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I was on Facebook looking at posts by other people on OtterBox's wall and I noticed someone asking if there is a fix to the screen protector not laying flat on the screen. This was OtterBox's response, "We have been working on the "trampolining" and should have a solution shortly. We'd give it about 3 weeks for new cases to reach the market."

I can't wait for it to come out as the defender is by far my favorite case but the screen protector is absolutely terrible. It collects dust under the screen and lays completely above the note's screen, not flushed as it should be.

Just thought I would let everyone know before giving up on an awesome case....:)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Interesting... I just sold mine on ebay because I couldn't stand the screen protector issue. May have to check their new version out

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Double0EK

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Do u out think they'll let us upgrade to the new version without too much hassle or too much money.. Our better yet free of charge?

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Do u out think they'll let us upgrade to the new version without too much hassle or too much money.. Our better yet free of charge?

That's the same thing I was wondering. I hope we are able to get a free warranty replacement. Something else that I wonder is, how will we know if it is the updated version? Will the home button be covered like the iPhone? Will current owners of the defender be notified? I will have to wait and see how things go...

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Updated Version of Note 2 OtterBox defender is coming in the following weeks!!!

I had an Otterbox on my phone for about a week. I decided that I wanted extra protection so unpaid the $50 for it. I went with Otterbox because so many people I know swear by it. But I didn't have a good experience with it. I had two within the week. I decided to take it back for good and I got a Survivor case. I like the Survivor a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Updated Version of Note 2 OtterBox defender is coming in the following weeks!!!

I had an Otterbox on my phone for about a week. I decided that I wanted extra protection so unpaid the $50 for it. I went with Otterbox because so many people I know swear by it. But I didn't have a good experience with it. I had two within the week. I decided to take it back for good and I got a Survivor case. I like the Survivor a lot better.

I heard good things about the survivor as well. What was wrong with you defender? Did the outside rubber stretch out really fast?

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully Otterbox will let us exchange our current model for the newer one. My only complaints are the screen not being flush and dust getting under it. Im personally hoping Otterbox makes a Armor case for the Note 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

I heard good things about the survivor as well. What was wrong with you defender? Did the outside rubber stretch out really fast?

The outside rubber was fine, but the fit wasn't snug which caused the phono to shift inside the case. It also allowed a lot of dust inside it. I wanted something that was dust proof and that fit snugly. The screen protector is better on the Survivor too.

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
That's the same thing I was wondering. I hope we are able to get a free warranty replacement. Something else that I wonder is, how will we know if it is the updated version? Will the home button be covered like the iPhone? Will current owners of the defender be notified? I will have to wait and see how things go...

I see a lot of people stating that they want the home button covered like the iPhone. Wouldn't that limit the functionality of the capacity buttons next to the home button?

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I see a lot of people stating that they want the home button covered like the iPhone. Wouldn't that limit the functionality of the capacity buttons next to the home button?

I really hope the home buttons are covered because the dust that gets under the screen are starting to make tiny scratches. As far as limiting the capacitive buttons, I could see the main button being covered up and there would still be a plastic film over the capacitive buttons. Whatever they do, I hope it becomes fixed!

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Updated Version of Note 2 OtterBox defender is coming in the following weeks!!!

The outside rubber was fine, but the fit wasn't snug which caused the phono to shift inside the case. It also allowed a lot of dust inside it. I wanted something that was dust proof and that fit snugly. The screen protector is better on the Survivor too.

I'm glad the survivor works well for you but I think you were unlucky with your otterbox. I did read that there was a batch of otterbox cases that did not fit correctly and caused the phone to shake and rattle. I am one of those people that swear by otterbox. I'm sure if you asked for a warranty replacement, it would have been perfect. But a common problem with all defenders is the screen protector. It never stays flush to the screen. If one day there is a survivor for the note 2, I will try it out.

Double0EK

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I emailed them and all they asked me to do was take the necessary pics and email it to them. It was an automated answering response so I'm not too sure is they are aware of the real situation

crxx

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Glad to know im not the only one with this issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG galaxy note ll using Android Central Forums

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
So far... still no update announced but I may be wrong. Maybe otterbox is quietly rolling out identical new cases in their inventories and third party sellers. As for me, I could not stand the screen protector and just popped it out. I'm using a spigen and it is amazing!!!

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I dont like the screen protector either, all the stuff that gets under it. I hope they either make rhe updated version better( and in realtree camo) or theyccome out with a armor case for the note 2.

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I dont like the screen protector either, all the stuff that gets under it. I hope they either make rhe updated version better( and in realtree camo) or theyccome out with a armor case for the note 2.

I just don't want the screen protector problem... I love my defender. The problem with the armor series is that it would be like 150$ for the case and it would make the phone impossible to hold. The defender is huge enough!!

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Well true the phone would be a brick then. Ive read about a survivor case by someone else thats better than the otterbox but I dont like how the camera is covered all the time unless you remove the plug. Im hoping that the revised version of thr defender has a better screen protector and the home button coverd like the iphone cases, so less dust and stuff get under the screen.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

Well true the phone would be a brick then. Ive read about a survivor case by someone else thats better than the otterbox but I dont like how the camera is covered all the time unless you remove the plug. Im hoping that the revised version of thr defender has a better screen protector and the home button coverd like the iphone cases, so less dust and stuff get under the screen.

If the camera lens isn't covered then it wouldn't be dust proof. It really isn't a big deal. It is simple to just pull the flap down when you want to take a picture.