05-08-2013 05:31 PM
26 12
tools
    I was on Facebook looking at posts by other people on OtterBox's wall and I noticed someone asking if there is a fix to the screen protector not laying flat on the screen. This was OtterBox's response, "We have been working on the "trampolining" and should have a solution shortly. We'd give it about 3 weeks for new cases to reach the market."

I can't wait for it to come out as the defender is by far my favorite case but the screen protector is absolutely terrible. It collects dust under the screen and lays completely above the note's screen, not flushed as it should be.

Just thought I would let everyone know before giving up on an awesome case....
    02-23-2013 06:05 PM
    Interesting... I just sold mine on ebay because I couldn't stand the screen protector issue. May have to check their new version out

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    02-23-2013 06:29 PM
    Do u out think they'll let us upgrade to the new version without too much hassle or too much money.. Our better yet free of charge?
    02-23-2013 11:35 PM
    Do u out think they'll let us upgrade to the new version without too much hassle or too much money.. Our better yet free of charge?
    That's the same thing I was wondering. I hope we are able to get a free warranty replacement. Something else that I wonder is, how will we know if it is the updated version? Will the home button be covered like the iPhone? Will current owners of the defender be notified? I will have to wait and see how things go...
    02-24-2013 05:31 AM
    I had an Otterbox on my phone for about a week. I decided that I wanted extra protection so unpaid the $50 for it. I went with Otterbox because so many people I know swear by it. But I didn't have a good experience with it. I had two within the week. I decided to take it back for good and I got a Survivor case. I like the Survivor a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    02-24-2013 05:37 AM
    I had an Otterbox on my phone for about a week. I decided that I wanted extra protection so unpaid the $50 for it. I went with Otterbox because so many people I know swear by it. But I didn't have a good experience with it. I had two within the week. I decided to take it back for good and I got a Survivor case. I like the Survivor a lot better.

I heard good things about the survivor as well. What was wrong with you defender? Did the outside rubber stretch out really fast?
    02-24-2013 06:45 AM
    Interesting... I just sold mine on ebay because I couldn't stand the screen protector issue. May have to check their new version out

Me too, can't wait to see the issues finally resolved.
    02-24-2013 06:46 AM
    Hopefully Otterbox will let us exchange our current model for the newer one. My only complaints are the screen not being flush and dust getting under it. Im personally hoping Otterbox makes a Armor case for the Note 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    02-24-2013 07:05 AM
    I heard good things about the survivor as well. What was wrong with you defender? Did the outside rubber stretch out really fast?
    The outside rubber was fine, but the fit wasn't snug which caused the phono to shift inside the case. It also allowed a lot of dust inside it. I wanted something that was dust proof and that fit snugly. The screen protector is better on the Survivor too.

sicario666 likes this.
    02-24-2013 07:47 AM
    That's the same thing I was wondering. I hope we are able to get a free warranty replacement. Something else that I wonder is, how will we know if it is the updated version? Will the home button be covered like the iPhone? Will current owners of the defender be notified? I will have to wait and see how things go...
    I see a lot of people stating that they want the home button covered like the iPhone. Wouldn't that limit the functionality of the capacity buttons next to the home button?
    02-24-2013 09:03 AM
    I see a lot of people stating that they want the home button covered like the iPhone. Wouldn't that limit the functionality of the capacity buttons next to the home button?
    I really hope the home buttons are covered because the dust that gets under the screen are starting to make tiny scratches. As far as limiting the capacitive buttons, I could see the main button being covered up and there would still be a plastic film over the capacitive buttons. Whatever they do, I hope it becomes fixed!
    02-24-2013 10:43 AM
    The outside rubber was fine, but the fit wasn't snug which caused the phono to shift inside the case. It also allowed a lot of dust inside it. I wanted something that was dust proof and that fit snugly. The screen protector is better on the Survivor too.

I'm glad the survivor works well for you but I think you were unlucky with your otterbox. I did read that there was a batch of otterbox cases that did not fit correctly and caused the phone to shake and rattle. I am one of those people that swear by otterbox. I'm sure if you asked for a warranty replacement, it would have been perfect. But a common problem with all defenders is the screen protector. It never stays flush to the screen. If one day there is a survivor for the note 2, I will try it out.
    02-24-2013 10:50 AM
    Any updates for the revised Defender?

03-02-2013 02:27 PM
    I emailed them and all they asked me to do was take the necessary pics and email it to them. It was an automated answering response so I'm not too sure is they are aware of the real situation
    03-02-2013 02:54 PM
    Glad to know im not the only one with this issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG galaxy note ll using Android Central Forums
    03-02-2013 03:31 PM
    So far... still no update announced but I may be wrong. Maybe otterbox is quietly rolling out identical new cases in their inventories and third party sellers. As for me, I could not stand the screen protector and just popped it out. I'm using a spigen and it is amazing!!!
    03-03-2013 08:03 AM
    I dont like the screen protector either, all the stuff that gets under it. I hope they either make rhe updated version better( and in realtree camo) or theyccome out with a armor case for the note 2.

03-03-2013 08:48 AM
    I dont like the screen protector either, all the stuff that gets under it. I hope they either make rhe updated version better( and in realtree camo) or theyccome out with a armor case for the note 2.

I just don't want the screen protector problem... I love my defender. The problem with the armor series is that it would be like 150$ for the case and it would make the phone impossible to hold. The defender is huge enough!!
    03-03-2013 09:27 AM
    Well true the phone would be a brick then. Ive read about a survivor case by someone else thats better than the otterbox but I dont like how the camera is covered all the time unless you remove the plug. Im hoping that the revised version of thr defender has a better screen protector and the home button coverd like the iphone cases, so less dust and stuff get under the screen.

03-03-2013 01:52 PM
    Well true the phone would be a brick then. Ive read about a survivor case by someone else thats better than the otterbox but I dont like how the camera is covered all the time unless you remove the plug. Im hoping that the revised version of thr defender has a better screen protector and the home button coverd like the iphone cases, so less dust and stuff get under the screen.

If the camera lens isn't covered then it wouldn't be dust proof. It really isn't a big deal. It is simple to just pull the flap down when you want to take a picture.
    03-03-2013 08:00 PM
    Hi people, i just registered here to share my somewhat of a solution to the defender screen protector problem on the Note 2. It still shouldnt be like this after spending this kind of money on a case, but still its way better than stock.

I got my defender knowing about the screenprotector problem but I found it to be the only case protective enough for my liking.

I believe the problem comes from a combination of the substantial amount of glue between the frame and the protector, and the curved screen. I believe the glue pushes the protector down towards the edges of the screen, making the middle of the protector pop up along the sloping screen, so it actually lifts away from the screen in the middle.

What I did was very simple. I first popped the protector out of the frame. I did this with my hands without heating it because its a very flimsy and weak connection anyway. For those afraid to break it you could heat it up with a hair dryer first.
    Then next thing i removed pretty much all of the glue, but i didnt wipe the 2 parts clean, leaving bits of what you could describe as a very thin anti-slip layer.
    Next thing i had the phone in the rear part of the case, aligned the detached screen protector with a clean screen, and gently clicked the top frame on.

This leaves me with a very snug fitting protector that is not moving at all. I will post an update if this proves to be a short term thing but so far its doing great.

Eli.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk
    guitarguy dave likes this.
    03-17-2013 07:03 PM
    I really hope the home buttons are covered because the dust that gets under the screen are starting to make tiny scratches. As far as limiting the capacitive buttons, I could see the main button being covered up and there would still be a plastic film over the capacitive buttons. Whatever they do, I hope it becomes fixed!
    I have the survivor. I love it. Bought my wife one too

I have no problems with the capacitive buttons and the homescreen being covered is awesome and it is in my opinion way better than the otterbox. Alot easier to access the whole screen. I too had issues with the screen protector letting dirt and dust under and scratching my phone. I am thinking about buying a bulk lot of survivor cases and selling them for 25-35 including shipping depending on how many people are interested.

guitarguy dave and lbros360 like this.
    03-19-2013 04:34 PM
    I have the survivor. I love it. Bought my wife one too http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/20/ypy2aha5.jpg

I have no problems with the capacitive buttons and the homescreen being covered is awesome and it is in my opinion way better than the otterbox. Alot easier to access the whole screen. I too had issues with the screen protector letting dirt and dust under and scratching my phone. I am thinking about buying a bulk lot of survivor cases and selling them for 25-35 including shipping depending on how many people are interested.

Is there a way to take off the camera cover, not just move it when you take a picture but not have it at all. I would buy that case but thats the only thing I dont like about it. I just dont like all the dust and debris getting under the otterbox screen, is the survivor case any better in that part? Thanks

03-19-2013 04:51 PM
    Well the camera cover is definitely removable but to take off the cover would negate the dust proof properties. There isn't a clear cover over the camera. Could you possibly rig something.? Yeah but it takes a second to pen the camera port and it swings down for you so it's out of the way I'll post a picture in a minute

03-19-2013 05:43 PM

03-19-2013 05:51 PM
26 12