2nd Battery?

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of purchasing a second battery from Amazon. There are 3 top sellers, but one mentions: "it works with NFC." Will a battery (EC, Qcell, Hyperion) keep the NFC from functioning on the Note 2 i317 ATT?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't cause the nfc is built into the battery door. So as long as you get a good back door with nfc your good to go.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Kind of what I thought, it seems to affect the nexus 4 mostly, which I guess it's built in to the battery. Is there a battery I should stay a way from?

It shouldn't cause the nfc is built into the battery door. So as long as you get a good back door with nfc your good to go.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there a battery I should stay a way from?
Yes, the one that seems to have too good of a price. I grabbed a chinese special for cheap just to have as an emergency backup. It's worth exactly what I paid for it - not much.

Stick with OEM or a good name brand such as Hyperion.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Based on previous phones, I have always found the "Anker" batteries to be very good and very cheap too. On my old HTC phones they performed better than stock, so I can imagine they are very close to the stock Note 2 ones but for much cheaper.

Nightscape

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have two extra Anker batteries and they are great. It lasts just as long as the oem battery. I don't trust any of the bargain batteries that claim to have 4000mah and so forth.. The Ankers are legit though.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Would you say they perform any better than the stock ones? I really like the brand but ive been happy with my battery on the note 2 anyway so will probably only buy them if there if they last ever so slightly longer over stock?

It's a shame about the unfortunate naming of the brand "*Anker" though :rolleyes:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't monitored their performance closely, but I haven't noticed a significant difference in performance between the Anker batteries and the stock battery.

Sent from my SGSIII

Double0EK

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered my Anker 6200mah battery. Hope to see it Wed. Gonna mod my battery back door and my Otterbox Case. Hoping to see good things with it.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd add that I find thr Mugen Power batteries to be the best.

They are very pricey though. They offer an extended battery and a normal sized one. Thr normal sized one is usually a fair bit more powerful than stock, but given tbr already top quality battery samsung used, thr mugen one is only 100mah more in capacity so prob only a few % better than stock. The extended battery will probably double your battery life.

Given the price, I prefer the Anker ones. (Will never get the extended battery though as I don't want the extra bulk).
I just thought I'd mention the mugen batteries because, if you have the money, I seriously think they're the best quality ones available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12