I'm deciding which case to get for my phone, and maybe a 32GB memory card (I currently use one in my BlackBerry Torch for music). I was thinking either a Otterbox Defender or a stylish hardcase. I was wondering if the Otterbox would make the phone too bulky because of it's size already. I have this thing where I always buy gameboy looking cases for my phones. My iPhone 4 has a rubberized Game Boy Original Case, my BlackBerry Torch has a hard shell Gameboy Color case.
    02-25-2013 07:02 AM
    I love my otterbox defender case. It does add bulk but the protection is worth it for this $700 phone.
    You should just step it up and get a 64gb sd card. ;-)
    lbros360 likes this.
    02-25-2013 07:14 AM
    I love my otterbox defender case. It does add bulk but the protection is worth it for this $700 phone.
    You should just step it up and get a 64gb sd card. ;-)
    Aren't they a bit pricey atm? :o My current one on my BB is mainly songs and pictures, although I've stopped with pictures since I got the Note II, I only put pictures on it now for BBM display. It's around 20/32GB full. I'm not sure if the bulk will be too much. I remember having one on my Storm 2 and I liked it. I remember just dropping it on the ground on purpose to make a point haha.
    02-25-2013 07:20 AM
    Your correct what is your phone worth to you? Or maybe you have the money to replace it at anytime..Go OTTER

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    02-25-2013 07:39 AM
    If your worried and bulk maybe your shouldn't have this phone! I love my otterbox!

02-25-2013 07:46 AM
    If your worried and bulk maybe your shouldn't have this phone! I love my otterbox!

Not true

This phone is thin and plenty people don't want a bulky case. There are lots of slimmer cases available which offer protection.

Of course, some people can live with the bulk. Not sure why you're saying bulk has anything to do with this phone though...
    02-25-2013 08:01 AM
    Not true

This phone is thin and plenty people don't want a bulky case. There are lots of slimmer cases available which offer protection.

Of course, some people can live with the bulk. Not sure why you're saying bulk has anything to do with this phone though...
    Because this is the BIGGEST phone or there. Yes its very very slim but its bulky. And your can't say it isn't. This is not a phone you want to throw in your pocket because of the screen and the chance of scratching it. I have 7 cases for my phone from the otterbox to a louis vittution dress case. Either way its a huge phone all I'm saying is you shouldn't let the "bulkyness" of the otterbox deter you. I love it for every day use when out and about. My only complaint is the screen protector that it has on it because it doesn't touch the screen completely. So I pulled it off and got a zagg hd protector and now it's perfect

02-25-2013 08:34 AM
    I ended up buying a 32gb memory card and Otterbox Defender.

The cool looking case was from Hong Kong and doesn't come with a tracking number. No thanks... Hopefully I won't find the Defender too bulky. I've a few people complain saying the volume button is a pain to use with it on.
    02-25-2013 03:06 PM
    Just use the home button to turn it on. The only time I use the power button now is when I need to turn the screen of really fast. I'm pretty sure they'll "loosen" up at some wear n tear.
    02-25-2013 04:36 PM
    I have a cheap 6 dollar hard case with a kickstand I ordered in eBay, and it's survived a few drops so far. Heard a lot of problems with the otter defender screen shield...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    02-26-2013 07:49 AM
    Gotta love the otterbox commuter. I prefer it over the defender one.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
    02-26-2013 04:49 PM
    The Defenders screen protector does have an issue with "trampolineing" as it was described by Otterbox but I don't have an issue with it. If they do come out with a new one then I hope they can warranty replace the bad ones.
    02-26-2013 05:24 PM
    Ballistic, case closed
    Attached Thumbnails Memory Card... and Otterbox Defender or Hard Shell?-p1010087.jpg   Memory Card... and Otterbox Defender or Hard Shell?-p1010088.jpg  
    02-26-2013 06:14 PM
    I've been thinking about picking up one of those UAG cases look great and seem to have tons of positive feedback about them

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    02-26-2013 06:25 PM
    I see a LOT of people saying they now prefer the Commuter over the Defender, and supposedly Otterbox has modified the Defender and the new one should be out next month.
    The Case Mate Tough Case is looking pretty good, I may have to get one of those.
    02-27-2013 12:28 AM
    Even with my cheap 6 dollar case, my g'note survived at least a 20 foot drop onto concrete today...

~ swyped from my g-note2 on the now network
    02-27-2013 07:38 PM
    Even with my cheap 6 dollar case, my g'note survived at least a 20 foot drop onto concrete today...

Damn, that's a hard core drop! I don't think my Note 2 could withstand a drop like that. Even with my Otterbox Defender on it.
    Glad it survived!
    02-27-2013 08:05 PM
    Damn, that's a hard core drop! I don't think my Note 2 could withstand a drop like that. Even with my Otterbox Defender on it.
    Glad it survived!
    I bet it would, those defenders are built like tanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    02-27-2013 09:11 PM
    Glad it survived!
    Even if it broke, I'd get a new one... insurance ftw

Double0EK likes this.
    02-28-2013 11:27 AM