Something happened to my note 2 :(

kenner03

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I charge my phone then after it I unplugged it and put it on my leather case (there is no problem) then 3 minutes later someone texted me so I opened my leather case then I saw a dark spot on my screen then I opened the light on my phone and something weird appeared on my screen. What is this and how to fix it? Please help :(

Attachments

• IMG_20130225_221123.jpg
    IMG_20130225_221123.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20130225_221340.jpg
    IMG_20130225_221340.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20130225_221405.jpg
    IMG_20130225_221405.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20130225_221321.jpg
    IMG_20130225_221321.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 91

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Call your cellular provider and request a replacement. Doesn't look good or fixable.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
is there anyway to fix it? My warranty ended 4 weeks ago... :(

If it is a US spec phone, the warranty is one year. You can buy it from any authorized reseller and Samsung will honor warranty.

If it is an international phone not officially sanctioned for US sale , then your options are more limited

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Sad thing is I didn't buy directly from samsung :(

It didn't matter if you didn't buy it from Samsung. Samsung provided the warranty on the phone from any carriers. If the carrier refuse to help you, you have to call Samsung and they will honor it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Sad thing is I didn't buy directly from samsung :(
Ah sorry to hear that, mind if I ask where you got it from? Was it a refurb? Living in England I know that if I buy an imported phone from Asia, it will not be covered by the warranty. I'm hoping this isn't the case for you.

Unfortunately if out of warranty your only option would be to get it repaired or to repair it yourself. The screen alone is probably not cheap anyway so you might just be better off getting it repaired by a professional rather than buying a screen off ebay and doing it yourself. Or just can sell it on ebay as broken and try and recoup as much money as you can and get a new one.

Or just try and live with it and get it repaired once the price drops a bit.

Hopefully it doesn't inhibit your usage too much.

kenner03

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Ah sorry to hear that, mind if I ask where you got it from? Was it a refurb? Living in England I know that if I buy an imported phone from Asia, it will not be covered by the warranty. I'm hoping this isn't the case for you.

Unfortunately if out of warranty your only option would be to get it repaired or to repair it yourself. The screen alone is probably not cheap anyway so you might just be better off getting it repaired by a professional rather than buying a screen off ebay and doing it yourself. Or just can sell it on ebay as broken and try and recoup as much money as you can and get a new one.

Or just try and live with it and get it repaired once the price drops a bit.

Hopefully it doesn't inhibit your usage too much.

I noticed that when I push the glass it somehow gets ok (I mean the damaged part becomes smaller). So I think it's the outer glass? if so..can the outer glass can be replaced?

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that when I push the glass it somehow gets ok (I mean the damaged part becomes smaller). So I think it's the outer glass? if so..can the outer glass can be replaced?
The digitizer part can be bought separately from screen and for fairly cheap. This "should" be simple to change unless it is glued onto the main screen. Would be good news if it the main screen behind it isn't damaged.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of this specific phone can offer some advise on this. Are you positive that your warranty is void though?

kenner03

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
The digitizer part can be bought separately from screen and for fairly cheap. This "should" be simple to change unless it is glued onto the main screen. Would be good news if it the main screen behind it isn't damaged.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of this specific phone can offer some advise on this. Are you positive that your warranty is void though?

yeah I'm sure and my phone is rooted already so it's really voided... xD