Anyone who's tried the 4.2.2 roms, have you had decent battery life? It was a flop in both of my tests.
    I tried Cyanogen 10.1 first. It's billed as nightly only, so I figured it'd be a coin flip. The battery wouldn't last through an eight hour workday. The rest of the rom was great.
    Second up was Paranoid Android, and again I was disappointed. This was an improvement over Cyanogen, as tablet versions of many apps were options.
    I'm curious as to whether or not you guys have tried these. If so are they usable? In PA the battery was under 45% in for hours of only moderate use. Maps was the top battery using app in PA, while in CM everything looked fine.
    4.2.2 is awesome. If they can button up these battery issues I'd be all over these roms.

This post isn't intended to bash the devs. These guys and gals are doing great work here. Stuff like this is expected from a nightly rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    03-01-2013 07:56 AM
    Give it some more time and we'll see 4.2.2 running sweet and smooth with no battery issues. A kernel was leaked for the international S3 which uses the same drivers and hardware essentially as our Note 2's. Once people start porting that leaked official content over to other builds the bugs will be ironed out.

Also just to confirm yes CM10.1 has serious battery issues. Android OS is completely rogue and taking a hefty toll for me. Then again I still am getting great battery performance, it's just not as great as it is on say 4.1.1 TouchWiz ROM's.
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
    03-01-2013 01:47 PM
    I greatly appreciate your confirmation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    03-03-2013 04:26 PM