For some reason the s-pen keeper setting isn't working.... does anyone know why. I'm on 4.1.2 on at&t . I walk away from the s-pen on purpose and I get no alert. Anyone have ideas to why?
    03-01-2013 05:50 PM
    I'm on 4.1.1 and have no such image.

Verizon
    03-01-2013 06:16 PM

Verizon
    +1
    03-01-2013 06:27 PM

Verizon
    I'm sorry, I figured out what was wrong.... anyways, I changed my thread because I'm also having other s-pen issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Verizon
    I'm sorry, I figured out what was wrong.... anyways, I changed my thread because I'm also having other s-pen issues.
    03-01-2013 06:34 PM
    For some reason the s-pen keeper setting isn't working.... does anyone know why. I'm on 4.1.2 on at&t . I walk away from the s-pen on purpose and I get no alert. Anyone have ideas to why?
    This has yet to work for me as well.
    03-01-2013 06:36 PM
    This has yet to work for me as well.
    works from me, but at varying distances....sometimes i have to get quite a ways away.
    03-01-2013 06:41 PM
    works from me, but at varying distances....sometimes i have to get quite a ways away.
    I've walked as far as about 100 ft away and it hasn't gone off.
    03-01-2013 06:47 PM
    It's not actually proximity based. Really, keeper is a terrible solution.
    The handset has a reliable sensor for detecting if the SPen is speed in the phone. If it is not, the keeper app uses the phones internal sensor to detect if you are walking away from the pen. This is probably detection of vertical movement or something of the sort. If you're light on your feet it won't work.
    There are slews of reasons it fails to detect you moving from the pen. I think they added it just to have it on the feature list. This is also probably too refute a customer saying they'll probably lose the pen to encourage them to buy the phone.
    Let's also remember to put a feature in the pen like a sensor requires power. Having a customer buying batteries for their stylus would be terrible, so they simply did it this way. Sometimes giving a good user experience, gives a bad user experience. If that makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    03-01-2013 06:51 PM
    It's not actually proximity based. Really, keeper is a terrible solution.
    The handset has a reliable sensor for detecting if the SPen is speed in the phone. If it is not, the keeper app uses the phones internal sensor to detect if you are walking away from the pen. This is probably detection of vertical movement or something of the sort. If you're light on your feet it won't work.
    There are slews of reasons it fails to detect you moving from the pen. I think they added it just to have it on the feature list. This is also probably too refute a customer saying they'll probably lose the pen to encourage them to buy the phone.
    Let's also remember to put a feature in the pen like a sensor requires power. Having a customer buying batteries for their stylus would be terrible, so they simply did it this way. Sometimes giving a good user experience, gives a bad user experience. If that makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    think you are right....just took out the spen put it on the right arm of my chair. held the note 2 in my left hand with the screen off and jiggled it as far away from me as i could and the alarm went off.
    03-01-2013 07:11 PM
    Works on my Sprint version... just takes longer after updating to 4.1.2
    03-02-2013 01:06 PM
    I believe its actually using accelerometer to sense motion. You can actually take your pen out and lay it down and with phone in hand walk in place. Swing those arms like you would normally do when walking. After appr 20 steps it should pop up. Works fine on my att phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-02-2013 02:03 PM
    Yes, the above is correct. There is no proximity sensor at all going on here. If you walk lightly enough the sensors in the phone won't detect the right movement and you could walk miles away leaving your SPen behind and the phone would never know the better.

Bottom line: make good habits out of putting it back in the holster when you're not using it, if you don't want to lose it.
    Josphe72 likes this.
    03-02-2013 04:33 PM