05-30-2016 07:33 AM
57 123
tools
    Hi,

Is it possible to move apps to external micro sd card on Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Also, can new downloaded apps be defaulted to be installed on external micro sd card.

Would like to know the process for both of them.

Thanks in advance.
    YES!!! Last night I connected mine to my laptop, installed and opened KiesAir. It alerted me that there was a FIRMWARE UPDATE. I installed it and a Google Play Store app called "AppMgr III". Voila! It works!

They must have heard our cries! No "rooting" or other scary tech geek remedies needed!
    12-29-2013 08:11 AM
    Or it CAN be viewed as people need self control. You don't need 8gb of music or movies on a phone. You don't need 11gb of apps. It's a portable alternative, yes, however, it isn't meant to be a be all end all device.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    Who are you to determine who "needs" what? This isn't a philosophical debate as to the necessity of smart phones and they're features, and you are not the authority on it.
    I came here to hear ideas on how to keep my music and apps on the same card, not listen to your bitter opinions on whether or not I actually "need" to be able to do that. Tool.
    01-16-2014 10:22 PM
    Link2SD is the anwer. You MUST be rooted. You also need to partition your SD card. Then, just pop it in and run Link2SD and set it up. Then you can link most of your apps to the 2nd partition and free up space on internal memory. I say most because encrypted app can't be moved by this app. Also, using this method doesn't break the widgets. Simple process, however, it seems that L2SD may cause a boot issue. (I am running into this issue currently)
    01-24-2014 02:04 PM
    I want to know how I can move applications, pics and videos to external MicroSD card .

thanks in advance
    02-25-2014 04:29 PM
    Oh boy I wish I would have bothered to look up this subject before I ruined two 32GB micro SD drives moving programs over not realizing this rooting thing had to happen, and so I would say that is why they failed! Why do they put a slot in without having at least a huge warning in the menu for mounting SD cards. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for not having this happen automatically when you put in an SD card. Is there anyway known to recover the use of the these cards?

From what I have read the only thing that you can put on the SD card without rooting it is data and picture files?
    10-17-2015 02:30 PM
    Foldermount has worked perfectly for me with my Verizon (rooted and unlocked bootloader) Note2 ..
    and with my 128Gb level 10 microSD ive gained a Gb of internal space.. I did nOT move items that are close to 'real-time dependent' such as Maps and GPS routing stuff .. I want them to remain in the livelier internal ram. Medscape give a huge advantage (once i found that it had loaded 9000 lil files .. NINE THOUSAND!! yes into INTERNAL ram ... !!! Needless to say I'm delighted that Medscape's data is now on my 128 SD (BTW, still using stock 4.1 JB too). Although i should be able to install a newer rom , I'm a devotee' of the 'KISS' principle ..
    Thanks for all your comments here, people! much appreciated .. and gave new life to my Note 2
    (No, tho i dream of the Note 4 , ill NEVER buy another Verizon product unless they unlock boot-loaders!!! The difficulties I had with the boot-loader thing were immense ... )
    01-28-2016 02:36 PM
    I totally agree with all u r have posted......and ur right all of our privacy is gone.....the apps are toys to keep us brain dead and getting out of our little boxes and become the social animals we are meant to be.........and people wonder why nearly all Americans are taking some form of mental drugs to get through the day....because we r depressed or feeling lonely.....or just plain unhappy people.....everyone should spend a month ot two in another country not so consumer orientated, to see just how srewed up America really is....m
    Go get a life and leave the grown up techy tools at home....live!!!!!
    05-30-2016 07:33 AM
57 123