Hi guys I don't know if this has been mentioned but after the recent update my battery life is nowhere near as good.

I left it idle last night at 12.10am it was on 92% and this morning when I picked it up at 8.00am it was down to 72% it is saying device idle at 17% and cell standby at 15% I noticed after the update it chang3d som3 settings and I am wondering if there are some settings I should change back but I am new to this phone so I can't remember any of them I also have no idea how to post a picture on here so I can't do that but any help is much appreciated.

03-05-2013 03:11 AM
    im having the same exact problem..I really hopw samsung considers another update
    03-05-2013 03:46 AM
    im having the same exact problem..I really hopw samsung considers another update
    Ahhh well that's interesting so it isn't just me, the battery life on this phone was superb and now while still being good it needs to be charged after one day whereas before I could octen go two days before a charge
    03-05-2013 04:27 AM
    Hi guys,

There are widespread reports of the 4.1.2 + Exynos patch update did take a toll on battery performance. Like you say, it's still good but it's not as great as it used to be. Some people report that it gets better after doing a factory reset, but after tinkering so much with my phone and having so many apps installed, that's an option I'd rather not take, so let's hope Sammy pushes a fix soon...
    03-05-2013 06:28 AM
    You could try to remove sim card for a few minutes. Also, try to clear cache

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-05-2013 09:21 AM
    It seems I had the battery issue for a few days but then it resolved itself. I rebooted phone (just a power restart) and after a day or so it was back to normal.
    03-05-2013 03:03 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys I will just keep an eye on it but it is strange especially overnight it lost 14% last night just sat idle it never used to do that!
    03-05-2013 04:47 PM
    Keep in mind after an update, some settings may reset. For me, I had all my Google location services turned back on which was creating a huge drain. While this may not happen to everyone, I would suggest looking around the settings to make sure everything is setup properly.

I'd also give Better Battery Stats a try. It will tell you exactly what's using your battery. It's how I noticed my Google location settings were reset as when I looked in BBS I seen Google location services using up a lot.
    03-05-2013 08:37 PM
    I mentioned this in another thread, but going into the Google Now settings and disabling a lot of location based cards (photo spot, sports, and other things) helped tremendously. Before Google maps would keep my phone awake for 1hour and 20 minutes and now that's down to just 18 minutes. It's a significant improvement un battery life too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-12-2013 12:03 AM