I have a creak on each side of the chrome front and back directly in line with the volume keys. Is this normal? I can live with it as I know the whole phone can be a creaking mess but this seems like an odd place. It started off small and of course has become slightly worse after a few days. Any cause for concern or does anyone else have this? No other areas creak other than battery door and volume trim so it makes me curious

I know Samsung build quality is inconsistent and that's why I ask. I would hate to return it over something so little if its normal and walk away with more issues.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-05-2013 04:30 AM
    I notice that the battery door doesn't sit flush around that area either so I wonder if there is a build issue. I used the edit feature to show where the issue is but sadly it makes the image all weird. The line is how far down it will creak.

Never mind, won't let me insert an image... Weird. Sorry for the post but can't figure out how to copy the text I wrote from Tapatalk.
    03-05-2013 07:08 AM
    Took mine back to the sprint store and they swapped out the battery cover. No more squeak.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    03-05-2013 08:29 AM
    No creaks on mine anywhere and I take the battery cover off every few days to swap out for a fresh battery. I lay the phone screen facing down on a hard flat surface (on top of a paper towel or soft material to protect the screen) and carefully push all around the battery cover edges to ensure it's flush everywhere. In doing so, you can hear the cover clips snap into place. If yours doesn't do that, sounds like a problem with either the battery door (and/or its clips) or the phone itself.
    03-05-2013 08:47 AM
    Well my phone creaks in that area with the stock battery covers I have but not as much with the Flip since its thicker. Not sure if I want to bother or not but I will go to Verizon and check if a new cover fizes it and if not see if a new one does. If all do it I'll stick it out since its a minor annoyance and not horrible.

03-05-2013 10:37 PM