Samsung Galaxy Note 2, or Wait for a Possible 3?

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Howdy Cool Cats,

I'm looking to upgrade my Galaxy Nexus because, well, Verizon hates my phone. I've been looking at the Note 2 and the rumors for the Note 3. I'm really not in a terrible rush to upgrade my phone, and I was wanted some opinions.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Date, Specs, and Rumors (Dull News Day)

Just some rumors about the Note 3 to get the people talking. I really don't know anything more about the Note 2 than it's a huge phone and Samsung is really pushing it. My doctor suggested that I get the Note because of the size of the screen and when I looked at it, it looked flipping amazing. Do you all have any suggestions or personal experiences with the Note 2?

And just to mention, the most important things for me in a phone is the processing speed of the phone, battery life, screen clarity, and overall functionality.

RobE2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
"Anyway, it?s a bit too early to jump to conclusions about the rumored Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date or technical specifications."

This after several paragraphs of doing just that. I try to separate tech rumors between rumors based on leaks (real or fabricated) or rumors that are really just guesses (educated or otherwise). This article sounds more like guesswork and speculation, which is not the kind of rumor I would base a purchase on.

Even with their guesses, they have a new Note being 6 months out. I figure we're always about 6 months from some new, great piece of tech, so if you wait 6 months for the new Note, there will almost certainly be something even better in the rumor mill for the next 6 months. You can be forever 6 months away from actually making a purchase.

Of course if there's a feature you're looking for that's not in the current offerings, it might make sense to wait, but based on that article, people are still just guessing. I just bought my Note a few days ago. I'm sure I'll be annoyed if a new version shows up tomorrow, but I doubt I'll be upset if a new model shows up 6 months down the road. That's just the nature of the industry.

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Based on the many posts on this forum alone, the Note II has been nothing less than impressive and covers all of your "wants" easily.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Trust me get the Note 2. It's an amazing phone. If you wanna wait 6 more months at least then go for the Note 3, but if you're always waiting for the next big thing then you will always be waiting. With the way the phone market is right now, they add new software thin down the bezel and call it there new model...

Why wait when the best phone you can get is already out.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Get note 2 and worry about the 3 later. I have had mine note 2 for 2 months now and I will definitely be getting the 3 asap.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I say go for it and get the Note 2 today and ENJOY, worry about tomorrow when it gets here. I just got the SG3 and I'm enjoying it and I will worry about the SG4 when it gets here.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just get the Note 2 and enjoy it. Maybe the Note 3 comes out in Sep or Oct and is better, so what. Its a long time to wait for something that is only going to be incrementally improved. Its not like its gonna ship with its own Imperial Walker or armed drone.

From my Galaxy Note 2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
yup, take the plunge. with tech, like cars, you just have to say to yourself, "this is the model i want." Or you'll always be waiting for the next iteration. note 2 is very capable.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I would jump on the note 2 now. A lot of good deals out there (I got mine for $149 and on top of that got $50 best buy gift card). If note 3 blows you away, you should be able to sell the 2 on eBay. Sold my Evo lte for $199.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Every month you wait is about $20 down the toilet. The subsidized price they give you don't actually accumulate.
This is assuming you plan to stay with Verizon of course.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am enjoying my Note2 a lot. The thought of anything larger is not appealing to me...for that I have my tablet. I wouldn't speculate. Just get what you want. This phone will well carry me for the next two years. I have NO complaints

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I would jump on the note 2 now. A lot of good deals out there (I got mine for $149 and on top of that got $50 best buy gift card). If note 3 blows you away, you should be able to sell the 2 on eBay. Sold my Evo lte for $199.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Where did you get it for that price? If I can find that, I would certainly do it right this second. Hopefully for Verizon..

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd just get the Note 2. There's always going to be something bigger or better or cooler coming along... And in my humble opinion, technology is something you can't catch up to very well, so I say just get what's out at the moment and enjoy it if that's what you want.... Either way, good luck choosing, and may you enjoy whatever it is that you get :)

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Also, just playing with it earlier, running some of the most hardcore apps I have (in multi window), it wasnt touching all 4 cores... we have to wait for this to get the market that actually strain this one for me to think about getting something new.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

Last edited:

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Also, just playing with it earlier, running some of the most hardcore apps I have (in multi window), it wasnt touching all 4 cores... we have to wait for this to got the market that actually strain this one for me to think about getting something new.

Spot on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude