I have Sprint GN2. For a little while now, while the phone is asleep, a light will come on, illuminating the top half of the screen and the time will be displayed, along with icons for recent phone calls, emails/texts and battery level. The display lasts about 3 seconds, fading in and fading out. I have no idea why the phone is doing this or whether this is some Sprint thing or an app. I don't see anywhere in the settings to activate or disable this. It happens randomly:I don't see a correlation to anything, like a new email. I tried emailing myself to see and that did not cause the phantom display.

Anybody else have this happening and better yet, know how to stop it? Battery life has gone down significantly since this started up.

Thanks!
    03-08-2013 01:37 PM
    I have Sprint GN2. For a little while now, while the phone is asleep, a light will come on, illuminating the top half of the screen and the time will be displayed, along with icons for recent phone calls, emails/texts and battery level. The display lasts about 3 seconds, fading in and fading out. I have no idea why the phone is doing this or whether this is some Sprint thing or an app. I don't see anywhere in the settings to activate or disable this. It happens randomly:I don't see a correlation to anything, like a new email. I tried emailing myself to see and that did not cause the phantom display.

Anybody else have this happening and better yet, know how to stop it? Battery life has gone down significantly since this started up.

Thanks!
    I don't know why it would be doing it all the time but the feature is under settings/motion/quick glance.

The idea is it uses the proximity sensor to tell when you reach for your phone and displays those notifications. So it sounds like you may have a sensor issue.
    popologuy likes this.
    03-08-2013 01:53 PM
    Thanks so much!! I disabled it and now i will see if it still does it radnomly, becasue it was definitely popping up whenever it wanted to.
    03-08-2013 02:01 PM
    No problem, glad to help
    03-08-2013 02:29 PM