what improvments would you like in the note3

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Only way this phone should have a non removable battery is if it can guarantee 12 hours of screen time and a lifetime warranty on the battery, otherwise no removable battery.

They can improve the design without making the battery non removable.

This should be a no compromise phone, removing the battery is a compromise

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

I agree but only if Samsung can stop using plastic. I tend to use a Flip Cover because its stronger and less cheap feeling more than anything.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I would like the screen to be brighter in the sun, but that could be my otterbox defender case and the latest 4.1.2 on sprint where the light sensor is slow and wrong sometimes. I think a 700+ nit display would be good.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Only way this phone should have a non removable battery is if it can guarantee 12 hours of screen time and a lifetime warranty on the battery, otherwise no removable battery. They can improve the design without making the battery non removable.

Yeah I'd say hell no to a non-removable battery too. My Droid DNA has a non-removable battery. Minimal, aesthetically pleasing design--but a crap battery. I barely squeeze out a couple hours' screen time per charge. I'd love to be able to carry around an extra LI battery instead of a bulky external charger. The stress of constantly worrying about my battery, it's killing me :-X. I love my phone's screen, but I'd kill for the battery life of a Note II (and I wouldn't mind an S-Pen ;)).

Even with a solid ~6 hours of battery life, who wouldn't want a replaceable battery?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'd say hell no to a non-removable battery too. My Droid DNA has a non-removable battery. Minimal, aesthetically pleasing design--but a crap battery. I barely squeeze out a couple hours' screen time per charge. I'd love to be able to carry around an extra LI battery instead of a bulky external charger. The stress of constantly worrying about my battery, it's killing me :-X. I love my phone's screen, but I'd kill for the battery life of a Note II (and I wouldn't mind an S-Pen ;)).

Even with a solid ~6 hours of battery life, who wouldn't want a replaceable battery?

Yep

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I use the power button for wake up and where it is now is super convenient.

I use the home button to wake up the phone, and it is more convenient than using the power button. I prefer the power button on the side though, the phone is too tall to have on the top.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Things that I want are....

Sapphire screen. So we dont have to bother with screen protecters

Even better battery life

These.

I'd also like to see them pull away from the plastic materials and move to something a tad bit more durable. The battery cover on the Note 2, coupled with the way you take it off the phone, makes me feel like it's going to crack if I'm not careful enough. I'm a mother, of course my kid is going to play with my phone, and so durability is definitely a plus for me. I'm aware with more durable materials also comes more weight. Not to mention a bigger battery also means more weight. But surely there are lighter, more durable materials Samsung could make the Note 3 out of other than flimsy plastic...

On the S4 concept video, there was also a projected keyboard. I think this would be great, especially if they continue with making phones bigger, not smaller. I want to be able to put my phone on a surface and type out stuff without having to worry about a physical attachment needed. Kind of like the S Pen--it has a spot on the phone and you're only carrying one thing around rather than the phone and stylus separate. Make sense?

Better camera of course. I'm a mom, I take lots of pictures. I don't always have my Nikon on me, but I don't want to groan every time I pull out my mobile to capture a moment because I know it's not only sub-par, but significantly so. Especially where zooming in on a subject is concerned, the image starts to become grainy. I'm not saying the Note 2 camera is god awful--I've gotten some pretty good pics from it--but I'd like to see better. Good enough that I can sell off my smaller digital camera without a worry.

The battery was mentioned. I love my N2's battery life. It goes all day without having to be charged in the middle of the day, even without being rooted. I hope when developing the next Note device Samsung keeps its battery at least proportional, if not better. I cannot express how annoying it is to be forced to plug in a phone during the day. That would be a deal-breaker for me.

Internal memory. I've seen many people complain of no longer being able to move their apps to their external SD cards. And a lot of people are app-happy.