03-15-2013 12:50 PM
31 12
tools
    It might be a bit early to talk about this or it might be too late but im already looking forward to the note3 even though I wont be contract free until next January. I love my note2 but oddly because its so good it makes me want more. Anyhow I didnt see any threads on this subject so I thought id get the ball rolling
    03-09-2013 06:18 AM
    Things that I want are....

Sapphire screen. So we dont have to bother with screen protecters

Even better battery life

And an impossible demand, front facing camera in the middle of the screen for video calls. I want folk to see me looking them in the eye but I cant imagine how it could be done without ruining the screen for other applications
    03-09-2013 06:24 AM
    Things that I want are....

Sapphire screen. So we dont have to bother with screen protecters

Even better battery life

And an impossible demand, front facing camera in the middle of the screen for video calls. I want folk to see me looking them in the eye but I cant imagine how it could be done without ruining the screen for other applications
    I'm with you on the Sapphire screen and battery life. You can never have too much battery! And I don't use screen protectors at all since I can't stand them and the SPen can and will scratch the protector. I use a Flip Cover and that's it. I'd probably use a case if my screen was damn near scratch proof but alas that's sadly not the case so I have to do screen protection.

I'm also one of the rare people who wants a non-removable battery thus eliminating the cheap plastic feel the back covers have. Just make the battery life a bit closer to the RAZR Maxx and we will be set for this.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-09-2013 06:32 AM
    how about ditching the cheap plastic case for something more elegant? i think the note deserves it. look at the iphones, beautiful, and for those that are utterly biased against a great american company like apple because you just are, look at the HTC One X for a super aluminum build.
    03-09-2013 07:32 AM
    Eliminate the 16gb all together and give us a choice of 32 or 64 on board.

Definitely better battery life. I agree, you can never have enough.

Kevlar back like the Razr Maxx HD. It's good looking and provides protection against scratching and light drops.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-09-2013 07:44 AM
    32GB minimum.
    Buttons at the bottom that recognize the S pen - I read Samsung has a fix for this but it's a hardware fix so we won't see it on the N2.
    Move the power button to the top and give us a programmable button or two on the side where it was.
    NO aluminum! Don't want to mess with the radios or NFC. Plus it's too soft and dings easily, instead give us a grippy bumper that covers the sides of the screen and a textured back (maybe aramid or carbon fiber), possibly with rubber inserts.
    Built in kickstand and laser keyboard.

And as long as I'm dreaming:
    Preloaded cash dispenser.
    Death Ray.
    almath likes this.
    03-09-2013 10:48 PM
    I'd like to see a 6" edge to edge HD screen (little to no side bezel) and the top and bottom bezels minimized. This would probably require on-screen buttons to keep the overall size down and may even allow it to be the same size as the Note 2. The on-screen buttons would also work with the S-Pen! I'd also like to see a soft touch back and sides for better grip/feel and a minimum 32GB internal storage (no SD card needed then). And finally, it MUST still have a user-replaceable battery or it's a deal breaker!
    03-10-2013 08:36 AM
    I'd like to see the buttons moved to the top of the phone and be able to assign any app I want to open when the s-pen is removed.
    03-10-2013 01:45 PM
    I'd like to see the buttons moved to the top of the phone and be able to assign any app I want to open when the s-pen is removed.
    Yeah, I disabled the default s-pen page buddy popup.

Riding a Note 2 blast
    03-10-2013 06:34 PM
    Move the power button to the top and give us a programmable button or two on the side where it was.
    I'm going to kindly have to say hell no to this. Power button at the top is obnoxious on a minuscule 4.3" phone, imagine it on a 5.5-6.0" device. I don't know how you hold the phone, but to the vast majority, myself included, we grip it with our thumbs and fingers on the sides of the device, making the current power and volume button locations ideal for not only accessibility but also for ease to press. You're squeezing the phone in a natural grip state as opposed to sliding one finger up to the top, and squeezing downward on a device that's being held perpendicularly to the direction you're now applying pressure to.

Everything else I agree with though definitely +1000 on the "NO aluminum!" sentiment. Why would anyone want their device to be made of such cheap weak metal is beyond me.
    Lastnv likes this.
    03-10-2013 08:35 PM
    I'm going to kindly have to say hell no to this. Power button at the top is obnoxious on a minuscule 4.3" phone, imagine it on a 5.5-6.0" device. I don't know how you hold the phone, but to the vast majority, myself included, we grip it with our thumbs and fingers on the sides of the device, making the current power and volume button locations ideal for not only accessibility but also for ease to press. You're squeezing the phone in a natural grip state as opposed to sliding one finger up to the top, and squeezing downward on a device that's being held perpendicularly to the direction you're now applying pressure to.
    I see your point, so let's make them all programmable - perhaps a rocker on each side and a single button on top. We'll all be happy.
    03-10-2013 10:56 PM
    I see your point, so let's make them all programmable - perhaps a rocker on each side and a single button on top. We'll all be happy.
    I use the power button for wake up and where it is now is super convenient.
    03-10-2013 11:53 PM
    Headphone jack on the bottom...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    S T Hye and richard hodge like this.
    03-11-2013 12:22 AM
    My next upgrade will be either the note3 or s4. I personally want the note 3 to have a smaller bezel, longer battery life(can never have enough) and on screen buttons to reduce the overall size of the device. An awesome camera would be nice too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    03-11-2013 12:38 AM

Everything else I agree with though definitely +1000 on the "NO aluminum!" sentiment. Why would anyone want their device to be made of such cheap weak metal is beyond me.
    Because there are different grades of aluminum, it's light, and like you said, it's cheap.

03-11-2013 08:05 AM

Agreed, played with an iPhone 5 and it feels so cheap. The aluminum scratches so easily and Apple says its normal and acceptable.

No thank you.

03-11-2013 08:35 AM
    1. sapphire screen, or whatever kind of screen it needs to be so that it we don't need to use screen protectors
    2. LCD? I read recently that the stylus will be more sensitive to it, just as long as it is sharper and higher pixel density then previous version OK
    3. THINNER, LIGHTER, FASTER
    4. unibody is fine, it will look better, as long as the battery life kicks *** & then some, I don't mind not being able to pull out the battery.
    5. even better battery life +++
    6. a new graphic or industrial designer to make the look more sophisticated and sleek, elegant, I think all galaxy S and notes look really cheap with cheap plastic, but I stick with it only because I prefer Android, and the note 2 with its stylus functionality, stop with the cheap lazy *** reused design, and then try to market it to us as if a pebble is so modern and cutting edge. Really, if I hear another pebble marketing for the Note 3, I am going to buy it just to skip it across a pond. Seriously, Samsung should have enough money to hire someone that can design a good looking phone that stays on the lower cost budget.
    7. the note application has to run much faster, S Note takes so long to start up, I know Samsung wants to start going big with its extra samsung software, but they need to keep in mind to debloat as well to keep the applications running fast and smoothly. Just lots of rework in their app in general. Need more flexibility of use and customization. It needs to be FASTER.
    8. I NEED image stablization for camera and video like on the LUMIA 920
    9. oh, get rid of the clunky middle home button, its so raised and hard and ugly, just use soft buttons or else a design thats something more elegant and sophisticated, it's NASTY get rid of it, Samsung I like your products but I hate your design, its CHEAP, come on man you got the money, show the world you got some taste and style

check out this fake mock up for the s4, it should at least be as nice and simple and thin and elegant and sophisticated like this, but with a stylus
    03-14-2013 12:48 AM
    Aluminum body with a different locking mechanism for the battery cover

More internal storage with the memory card slot, bigger battery (think RAZR MAXX with removable battery), better than retina screen, 8 core processor, improved voice control, make smart stay actually work,

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    03-14-2013 01:13 AM
    Only way this phone should have a non removable battery is if it can guarantee 12 hours of screen time and a lifetime warranty on the battery, otherwise no removable battery.

They can improve the design without making the battery non removable.

This should be a no compromise phone, removing the battery is a compromise

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    03-14-2013 01:23 AM
    No plastic backing! I would also agree with a middle front facing camera!

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    03-14-2013 03:37 AM
    Only way this phone should have a non removable battery is if it can guarantee 12 hours of screen time and a lifetime warranty on the battery, otherwise no removable battery.

They can improve the design without making the battery non removable.

This should be a no compromise phone, removing the battery is a compromise

I agree but only if Samsung can stop using plastic. I tend to use a Flip Cover because its stronger and less cheap feeling more than anything.

03-14-2013 06:24 AM
    I would like the screen to be brighter in the sun, but that could be my otterbox defender case and the latest 4.1.2 on sprint where the light sensor is slow and wrong sometimes. I think a 700+ nit display would be good.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    03-14-2013 08:59 AM
    +1 on getting rid of the hardware home button. And a true 1080p display would bring it up to the current standard.
    03-14-2013 01:04 PM
    I prefer hardware keys, so I vote they stay!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    03-14-2013 02:10 PM
    I prefer hardware keys, so I vote they stay!
    OK, but make it sensitve to the stylus.
    imneveral0ne likes this.
    03-14-2013 05:17 PM
31 12