Note 2 root question

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
And then there is the other side. Like myself. Phone does everything I need it to do and more,, I have all the apps I need,, and love the skins the way they are and feel no need to mess with anything.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

xforsakerx

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Well for one all my past Android phones I did root but I just don't see a reason to root the note 2 don't need your sarcasm and I didn't ask you for those 9 reasons

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Well for one all my past Android phones I did root but I just don't see a reason to root the note 2 don't need your sarcasm and I didn't ask you for those 9 reasons

No, but you did ask for "any" reason and he gave you 9. If you dont want to root then why create a forum topic about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
He wanted to know reasons of why to root to see if there were any that would make him want to root. Just giving 9 reasons doesn't mean any apply to him to make him want to root.

If anyone gave him a reason that he thought he wanted he would root. That's the point of the topic.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My biggest reason... I like customization far beyond that which Google and Sprint allow me to.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
He wanted to know reasons of why to root to see if there were any that would make him want to root. Just giving 9 reasons doesn't mean any apply to him to make him want to root.

If anyone gave him a reason that he thought he wanted he would root. That's the point of the topic.

If people really want to root then they should just Google rooting benefits. Its that simple.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
If people really want to root then they should just Google rooting benefits. Its that simple.

So what's the point of a forum? Google is that simple, why not just Google everything? Shouldn't be a need for Android Central since Google exists. :)

xforsakerx

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I came here to ask people with experience on the subject I rooted mu older htc inspire 4g back in the day and with the note 2 I just dont see the need I can customize it to my likings with just free apps off the play store

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
So what's the point of a forum? Google is that simple, why not just Google everything? Shouldn't be a need for Android Central since Google exists. :)

There is probably more than 100 forum topics on this very site that will provide a multitude of reasons to root. A simple search would have given the results the user was looking for but instead he created ANOTHER post instead.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Btw the purpose of a forum is to ask a question that needs an answer that is hard to find through other means. Not to ask the same question over and without attempting to find the answer your self.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Well if it bothers you see yourself off my post its as simple as that no one is asking you to stay

It doesnt bother me. Sometimes I feel like arguing. But truthfully if you feel like its not necessary to root the note 2 because it really is that good of a phone then why not create a post saying as much instead of going through this long process of getting people to give you reasons to do sonething you arent interested in doing anyways.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my phone only so that I can use a foreign SIM when I travel to Europe this summer - which I may or may not end up doing. None of the reasons listed in the "9 reasons" blog is that compelling to me, personally - and you don't need to root in order to tether with FoxFi, which is great. I'll admit I feel more secure having backed up with Titanium Backup, though it takes a long time.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
There is probably more than 100 forum topics on this very site that will provide a multitude of reasons to root. A simple search would have given the results the user was looking for but instead he created ANOTHER post instead.
The reasons for rooting can change per phone and for various reasons over time.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It doesnt bother me. Sometimes I feel like arguing. But truthfully if you feel like its not necessary to root the note 2 because it really is that good of a phone then why not create a post saying as much instead of going through this long process of getting people to give you reasons to do sonething you arent interested in doing anyways.
Often it's interesting and raises different issues to approach the same question from different paths.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech