Is there really any reason to root the note 2

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    03-10-2013 01:49 PM
    9 Reasons to Root Your Android Device

Like I said before, I did it for those same 9 reasons too. 'Nuff said.
    03-10-2013 02:12 PM
    And then there is the other side. Like myself. Phone does everything I need it to do and more,, I have all the apps I need,, and love the skins the way they are and feel no need to mess with anything.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    03-10-2013 02:25 PM
    9 Reasons to Root Your Android Device

Like I said before, I did it for those same 9 reasons too. 'Nuff said.
    Those 9 reasons aren't really enough to make me Wanna root my phone guess I'll just leave it stock for now until I find a reason to root it

03-10-2013 02:53 PM
    Then why ask if those 9 reasons are not enough to convince you to root? What more reasons do you want? LOL
    03-10-2013 05:42 PM
    Well for one all my past Android phones I did root but I just don't see a reason to root the note 2 don't need your sarcasm and I didn't ask you for those 9 reasons

03-10-2013 06:12 PM
    Well for one all my past Android phones I did root but I just don't see a reason to root the note 2 don't need your sarcasm and I didn't ask you for those 9 reasons

No, but you did ask for "any" reason and he gave you 9. If you dont want to root then why create a forum topic about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Droid_Evo_8 likes this.
    03-10-2013 10:24 PM
    He wanted to know reasons of why to root to see if there were any that would make him want to root. Just giving 9 reasons doesn't mean any apply to him to make him want to root.

If anyone gave him a reason that he thought he wanted he would root. That's the point of the topic.
    03-10-2013 10:49 PM
    My biggest reason... I like customization far beyond that which Google and Sprint allow me to.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network
    03-11-2013 08:39 AM
    He wanted to know reasons of why to root to see if there were any that would make him want to root. Just giving 9 reasons doesn't mean any apply to him to make him want to root.

If anyone gave him a reason that he thought he wanted he would root. That's the point of the topic.
    If people really want to root then they should just Google rooting benefits. Its that simple.

03-11-2013 02:25 PM
    If people really want to root then they should just Google rooting benefits. Its that simple.

So what's the point of a forum? Google is that simple, why not just Google everything? Shouldn't be a need for Android Central since Google exists.
    03-11-2013 05:39 PM
    I came here to ask people with experience on the subject I rooted mu older htc inspire 4g back in the day and with the note 2 I just dont see the need I can customize it to my likings with just free apps off the play store

alamarco likes this.
    03-11-2013 06:22 PM
    So what's the point of a forum? Google is that simple, why not just Google everything? Shouldn't be a need for Android Central since Google exists.
    There is probably more than 100 forum topics on this very site that will provide a multitude of reasons to root. A simple search would have given the results the user was looking for but instead he created ANOTHER post instead.

03-11-2013 06:37 PM
    Btw the purpose of a forum is to ask a question that needs an answer that is hard to find through other means. Not to ask the same question over and without attempting to find the answer your self.

03-11-2013 06:45 PM
    Well if it bothers you see yourself off my post its as simple as that no one is asking you to stay

03-11-2013 07:32 PM
    Well if it bothers you see yourself off my post its as simple as that no one is asking you to stay

It doesnt bother me. Sometimes I feel like arguing. But truthfully if you feel like its not necessary to root the note 2 because it really is that good of a phone then why not create a post saying as much instead of going through this long process of getting people to give you reasons to do sonething you arent interested in doing anyways.

03-11-2013 10:07 PM
    Used to root and jailbreak my devices. Now i feel the stocks are enough. Plus in android's case, i dont mind Touch Wiz with Nova Prime
    03-29-2013 08:09 AM
    I rooted my phone only so that I can use a foreign SIM when I travel to Europe this summer - which I may or may not end up doing. None of the reasons listed in the "9 reasons" blog is that compelling to me, personally - and you don't need to root in order to tether with FoxFi, which is great. I'll admit I feel more secure having backed up with Titanium Backup, though it takes a long time.
    03-29-2013 09:28 AM
    There is probably more than 100 forum topics on this very site that will provide a multitude of reasons to root. A simple search would have given the results the user was looking for but instead he created ANOTHER post instead.
    The reasons for rooting can change per phone and for various reasons over time.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    03-29-2013 11:44 AM
    It doesnt bother me. Sometimes I feel like arguing. But truthfully if you feel like its not necessary to root the note 2 because it really is that good of a phone then why not create a post saying as much instead of going through this long process of getting people to give you reasons to do sonething you arent interested in doing anyways.
    Often it's interesting and raises different issues to approach the same question from different paths.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    03-29-2013 11:48 AM
    I rooted my phone only so that I can use a foreign SIM when I travel to Europe this summer - which I may or may not end up doing. None of the reasons listed in the "9 reasons" blog is that compelling to me, personally - and you don't need to root in order to tether with FoxFi, which is great. I'll admit I feel more secure having backed up with Titanium Backup, though it takes a long time.
    I think rooting and unlocking a phone are different. One of the people at my work has a Note 2 that is unlocked and not rooted. He is able to use a foreign SIM when he travels overseas. I use a Sprint phone, so I have to drag two phones with me when I travel. My Note 2 for Android and a unlocked Blackberry for calls and texts. I would verify that rooting allows you to use a SIM from a different company because I think you need to unlock the phone.
    03-29-2013 11:57 AM
    I think rooting and unlocking a phone are different. One of the people at my work has a Note 2 that is unlocked and not rooted. He is able to use a foreign SIM when he travels overseas. I use a Sprint phone, so I have to drag two phones with me when I travel. My Note 2 for Android and a unlocked Blackberry for calls and texts. I would verify that rooting allows you to use a SIM from a different company because I think you need to unlock the phone.
    There are two kinds of unlocking and both are different from rooting. One unlock is a bootloader unlock that allows you to flash custom ROMs. The second unlock is a SIM unlock that allows you to use your SIM on carriers other than the one you bought the phone from. The Verizon Note 2 SIM is already unlocked. You can use voice on other CDMA carriers but you still need to update the APN database in the phone to have data access on those other carriers. DroidXcon has a guide here footer that.

Rooting gives you the highest level of access to and control over your phone. You need root privileges to unlock your bootloader and to update the internal APN database.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    03-29-2013 09:31 PM
    I've been trying to learn how to unlock my sprint note 2 so I could use for straight talk everything I've found either I don't understand or it doesn't work. This is my first time working with rooting or any of the above. It has been rooted with cf root but no room yet because I'm not sure what to use. Can you please help me. I'm so slo I have to a skin for step by step directions. I'm just learning about forums too. I also have a sprint mega that I've never activated because I wasn't sure if I should because I also wanted to root and unlock it 2.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-09-2014 10:31 PM
    It took me forever to root. Now that I did I won't go back. I like to be able to change the look whenever I want. Plus getting rid of all the bloatware is a plus, better battery life and to be able to control everything. Check out The DN3 ROM for the Note 2. It's awesome.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-11-2014 07:51 PM
    Rooting is a matter if you want to invest the time to gain full control over your phone or if you want to be stuck with what the manufacturers and phone companies give you. It's not for everyone.

I do it because I want a fast phone and I want to be able to customize and do what I want and not be stuck with the unnecessary bloat that comes with a phone. I don't like being limited in what I can or cannot do with a $700 device. I think I deserve to do what I want with it.

It's your choice and it's your phone. It's a great phone either way.
    05-13-2014 11:07 AM