am i nuts?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys.

I'm thinking of geting a note 2 today. I know the S4 unv the Spen a My contract is up on June 1, so that should be about the same time the S4 will come out. I'm getting the note 2 off contract and saving my upgrade for the note 3 or S4, and maybe '14 if the note2 blows me away like I see many who have theirs.

Am I insane? Should I wait?
I'm still rockin a EVO 3D and I just need a new toy badly.

The note 2 looks like just what I'm looking for.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I say GO FOR IT!!! The S4 is still a few months away (even if they do unveil it next week) and the Note 2 is more than enough to quench your thirst for gadgets. HOWEVER, I'm still on the fence on whether you should 'save' your upgrade or not... the S4 is a smaller device, so it's bound to be cheaper than an Note 2. Then again, by the time the S4 comes out, the Note 2's price should come down (in which case I'd wait until the S4 is unveiled and pricing is revealed to let the market do its thing and bring the Note 2's price down).

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys.

I'm thinking of geting a note 2 today. I know the S4 unv the Spen a My contract is up on June 1, so that should be about the same time the S4 will come out. I'm getting the note 2 off contract and saving my upgrade for the note 3 or S4, and maybe '14 if the note2 blows me away like I see many who have theirs.

Am I insane? Should I wait?
I'm still rockin a EVO 3D and I just need a new toy badly.

The note 2 looks like just what I'm looking for.

If you have the cash to get it now why not? The note 2 is a great device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I would add, to what the others have said, that you need to define your need.

If all you really need is amazing smartphone then the S4 will undoubtedly fit the bill.

However, if you want the functionality of a full featured smartphone, adequate screen size to serve as a mini tablet, and the convenience and versatility of an electronic notepad and pen, then the Note 2 is your choice.

The Note 2, in my opinion, is the best all-in-one device on the market today.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I say GO FOR IT!!! The S4 is still a few months away (even if they do unveil it next week) and the Note 2 is more than enough to quench your thirst for gadgets. HOWEVER, I'm still on the fence on whether you should 'save' your upgrade or not... the S4 is a smaller device, so it's bound to be cheaper than an Note 2. Then again, by the time the S4 comes out, the Note 2's price should come down (in which case I'd wait until the S4 is unveiled and pricing is revealed to let the met do s thing and bring the Note 2's price down).
Don't get me wrong, box, I'll get a new, in box, clean esn, for $500...

Then if I don't think is too big, I'll keep it and save my upgrade for the note 3 if it blows me away. Or, if it is too big, I'll still have my upgrade for the S4 or the HTC one (or the next big thing).
Then cell the note2 on CL.

I just can't see myself waiting 7 months or so for the note3.
I need some jellybean love as I've been rockn a evo 3d for almost two years.

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Nope! Hello World!! Picked up my Note 2 last night off contract for around SAR 2400 here in Riyadh KSA ($ 626) I felt like getting a device which is unique [work and personal] and a tablet replacement (my Nexus 7 sits unused except for when i travel, and i sold my iPad 1st Gen before) I love it. Feels damn good to be back on Android. Had a S3, which i gave to my mom (tried a lumia 620 in between since it was cheap. But it had me in tears! Nice but buggy OS but boring app ecosystem), and i wanted a S4 but really didn't see a lot of difference. IMHO the Note 2 with its S Pen and huge screen (which i dont feel is that big. S4 and HTC One are 5 inchers.) was enough added value for me. Definitely content and hope to stay put till Note 3! Cheers.