03-20-2013 02:06 PM
62 123
tools
    [LIST=1] The Gnote 3 is said to be out in the 3rd qtr, not even a full yr after the gn2 came out.
    I wonder if they'll keep it the same size, or move even closer towards 'phablet' with the Gnote 3?
    03-13-2013 02:21 AM
    I wonder if they'll keep it the same size, or move even closer towards 'phablet' with the Gnote 3?
    The rumor is a 6.3 inch screen with a 13 mp camera. This was in some legit tech article last week

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    03-13-2013 06:08 AM
    This thread is kind of funny considering the Note 2 has only been out for 4 months in the U.S. It usually takes me a good year to a year and a half or so before I really begin to get the itch to retire my current device.
    03-13-2013 07:06 AM
    The Note 2 will be the flagship device until the Note 3 and even after that the Note 2 still will hold its own.

The S3 and S4 will be mainstream while the Note 2 and Note 3 will be cutting edge. Everyone that buys the S4 is crazy imho. Just because you could buy the Note 2. If the Note 3 is going to have something I can't live without I'll get one, but if it doesn't I'll keep on rocking my Note 2.

Just because a new device comes out every 6 months or so doesn't mean you have to get it. I guess it's the new trend?

I think as long as you're device has what you need there's no reason to go buy a new one just because there is a new version.

Like all these people talking about how they can't wait for the Note 3 that just got there Note 2 a couple of months ago. It seems to me that they aren't using there Note 2 to its fullest. If they were then they wouldn't be looking to buy a new phone just because it's the new trend. As a technology writer, I'm seeing allot of this. I understand you want to be able to do the things on you're phone you're friends can do on there's. I just think to much people are buying into all this marketing hype and it's getting out of control. Like I said there are so many people that are not even using the phone they have to its fullest then they go buy another new phone and repeat this over and over.

I understand the phone business is a hot one to be in right now and the makers just want to make money. I just think people need to be more aware that is the only reason they keep pushing out new phones so fast. That's just my 2 cents.

I love technology and to have the latest stuff. But when you already have it. Then go buy another device that does the same thing but is just a newer version is kinda crazy, like I said. I'm not saying I'm not going to buy the Note 3 I'm just saying will it be worth it. Maybe I'll wait for the Note 4.. technology is changing so fast right now you need to step back and look at the bigger picture.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the S4 has in store for us. It will give us a good idea on what the Note 3 will look like and how much of an upgrade it would be.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    MERCDROID, Gray Area and DAS like this.
    03-13-2013 08:06 AM
    the note 2 will still be a very relevant phone. it will compete against the s4. i dunno about you guys but ill be selling mine while i still can get about $400+ for it. once the note 3 drops the value drops.
    03-13-2013 10:00 AM
    The Note 2 will be the flagship device until the Note 3 and even after that the Note 2 still will hold its own.

The S3 and S4 will be mainstream while the Note 2 and Note 3 will be cutting edge. Everyone that buys the S4 is crazy imho. Just because you could buy the Note 2. If the Note 3 is going to have something I can't live without I'll get one, but if it doesn't I'll keep on rocking my Note 2.

Just because a new device comes out every 6 months or so doesn't mean you have to get it. I guess it's the new trend?

I think as long as you're device has what you need there's no reason to go buy a new one just because there is a new version.

Like all these people talking about how they can't wait for the Note 3 that just got there Note 2 a couple of months ago. It seems to me that they aren't using there Note 2 to its fullest. If they were then they wouldn't be looking to buy a new phone just because it's the new trend. As a technology writer, I'm seeing allot of this. I understand you want to be able to do the things on you're phone you're friends can do on there's. I just think to much people are buying into all this marketing hype and it's getting out of control. Like I said there are so many people that are not even using the phone they have to its fullest then they go buy another new phone and repeat this over and over.

I understand the phone business is a hot one to be in right now and the makers just want to make money. I just think people need to be more aware that is the only reason they keep pushing out new phones so fast. That's just my 2 cents.

I love technology and to have the latest stuff. But when you already have it. Then go buy another device that does the same thing but is just a newer version is kinda crazy, like I said. I'm not saying I'm not going to buy the Note 3 I'm just saying will it be worth it. Maybe I'll wait for the Note 4.. technology is changing so fast right now you need to step back and look at the bigger picture.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the S4 has in store for us. It will give us a good idea on what the Note 3 will look like and how much of an upgrade it would be.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    I had my note 2 for a few months and I will get the 3 immediately because I want the bigger screen, period. Nothing else but that. Pretty positive that it will be a bigger screen. If a bigger screen is important to you and the newer version has a bigger screen then what's the big deal.

03-13-2013 10:57 AM
    I had my note 2 for a few months and I will get the 3 immediately because I want the bigger screen, period. Nothing else but that. Pretty positive that it will be a bigger screen. If a bigger screen is important to you and the newer version has a bigger screen then what's the big deal.

Too bad you don't live overseas, then you could just get the Note 8 and call it a day.
    Lastnv likes this.
    03-13-2013 11:10 AM
    Note 2 will be the best till the note 3.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    smooth3006 and universeand like this.
    03-13-2013 11:34 AM
    If the S4 is really a 5 inch screen then will there be a Note 3...my guess is not many people use the pen. it would save Samsung a lot of money not making both devices.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you know the specs of the S4 you can't really say that.

the note 2 will still be a very relevant phone. it will compete against the s4. i dunno about you guys but ill be selling mine while i still can get about $400+ for it. once the note 3 drops the value drops.
    03-13-2013 04:51 PM
    Huh...the GN2 was never the flagship phone, it was always the S3 and it will now be the S4.

Flagship isn't the biggest, it is what your company gets recognized most for as its most iconic/powerful brand, that is also the most popular.

That would be the S3...think of the GN2 as a pillar...a very large and strong pillar, but a pillar none the less.
    03-13-2013 05:21 PM
    Huh...the GN2 was never the flagship phone, it was always the S3 and it will now be the S4.

Flagship isn't the biggest, it is what your company gets recognized most for as its most iconic/powerful brand, that is also the most popular.

That would be the S3...think of the GN2 as a pillar...a very large and strong pillar, but a pillar none the less.
    This is along the lines of what I think. Flagship is the phone that the company sinks the most money into.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i
    03-13-2013 06:10 PM
    Given that the Note line is actually the creme de la creme of the Sammy phone family, new touches for the S line are harbingers of even better things to come for the Note. Not to mention that Sammy can work things out on the S line before rolling them out for the Note.

Riding a Note 2 blast
    DAS and Jude526 like this.
    03-13-2013 06:57 PM
    I wonder if the s4 will be as good as the one? That phone is growing on me. Note 2 isn't even comparable, in a league of its very own.
    03-13-2013 07:01 PM
    I was at my company's spring manager meeting today. 3 of us had the Note2. That says something. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    03-13-2013 07:56 PM
    I wonder if the s4 will be as good as the one? That phone is growing on me. Note 2 isn't even comparable, in a league of its very own.
    If the one comes to vzw and a lot of sites are saying it is I may be forced to buy one, it's gorgeous

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-13-2013 08:05 PM
    I concur on the screen size. I'm glad I didn't wait for the GN2 and stuck with the GS3. Speaking on phone size, going from the Epic4G to the GS3 I was surprised on how wide it was. Almost as if I had squashed the E4G into a GS3 pancake.
    New tech is always around the corner these days and I would have to say that I'm not buying into the craze of a couple new features. Find me a phone or tab that will load, unload, and put away laundry... then hell yeah I'm on board.
    03-13-2013 08:10 PM
    If the one comes to vzw and a lot of sites are saying it is I may be forced to buy one, it's gorgeous

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Indeed good sir.
    03-13-2013 08:14 PM

I've always thought of a flagship product as the one that has the greatest number and highest level of features. Clearly that's the GN2 not S3. The GN2 has a 1/2" larger screen, the Wacom stylus with pen apps and a number of other things not present in the S3. And while the S4 will be nice, the GN2 already has the mentioned features and the GN3 later in the year will unquestionably outshine the S4 in features.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    03-13-2013 09:40 PM
    I've always thought of a flagship product as the one that has the greatest number and highest level of features. Clearly that's the GN2 not S3. The GN2 has a 1/2" larger screen, the Wacom stylus with pen apps and a number of other things not present in the S3. And while the S4 will be nice, the GN2 already has the mentioned features and the GN3 later in the year will unquestionably outshine the S4 in features.
    Me too but both devices are amazing. That's one heck of a predicament for not only Samsung to be in but us as consumers too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-13-2013 09:57 PM
    ...I'm not saying I'm not going to buy the Note 3 I'm just saying will it be worth it. Maybe I'll wait for the Note 4.. technology is changing so fast right now you need to step back and look at the bigger picture.
    I just bought my Note 2 in December and I'll probably stay with it until the GN4. I use my Note 2 overwhelmingly as a computer PDA versus as a phone and the GN2 is plenty good for that functionality as it is. (Btw, I think Smart Stay is the greatest thing since the original Mustang.)

I'm looking forward to a fun, sizzling and iconic iPhone 5 slayer.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    03-13-2013 10:44 PM
    I disagree that either device is the flag ship. They are different devices. The GS3 is a phone and the Note is a phablet. Both serve their purpose for consumers, but are not apples to apples.
    03-14-2013 08:59 AM
    Note ll is just awesome...nuff said!
    Jude526 and GadgetgirL76 like this.
    03-14-2013 11:49 AM
    OK....

Note ll is just awesome...nuff said!
    - - - Updated - - -

Not gonna happen.

I'm looking forward to a fun, sizzling and iconic iPhone 5 slayer.
    03-14-2013 12:19 PM
    Exactly. People here like the Note 2 but the S 3 has by far the bulk of the sales. Personally the S 3 looks small very quickly after using the Note 2 but not everyone thinks that way. if the S4 is really a 5 inch screen there isn't a lot of difference between the two other than stylus and the S4 will have better specs.

03-14-2013 12:21 PM
    the rumored "eye scroll" thing for s4 could be a neat feature if it worked. oh what the heck, who am i kidding. samsung may cease to exist if north korea lobs one over south of the border.
    03-14-2013 12:36 PM
62 123