03-20-2013 02:06 PM
62 123
tools
    S4 just presented today: unfortunately ho-hum on the wow factor but still a draw over the iPhone 5.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-14-2013 09:21 PM
    I bet that some of the software shazam on the S4 will get passed onto to Note2 djuring some of the pending upgrades in the future. And to quell the argument of Flagship. Usually it means your most prestigious product....which would be hands down the Galaxy Note2.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-14-2013 09:36 PM
    Gs4 looks cool shiny and new but would I drop my note 2 and go spend 700 dollars for one no...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-2013 10:16 PM
    I have said it since I got it. I love my Note2. I was first pkannibg on the S3 but the Note2 was released and with more capabilities. That was my deciding factor. More for 100.00 more in cost BUT so WORTH IT. And I love the s pen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    03-14-2013 10:25 PM
    I've read Samsung will bring over new software features to their flagship phones that wouldn't need the new hardware like the IR. Because we have the stylus we already have the Air View. Hope 4.2.2 is coming soon.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-14-2013 11:26 PM
    Gs4 looks cool shiny and new but would I drop my note 2 and go spend 700 dollars for one no...
    I don't see what the S4 has that outshines the GN2 overall. The S4 has Air View and best of burst photo shooting but the Note has those. Home Sync is similar to All-Share cast which the Note 2 has. Knox may be useful for separating the work from the personal sides of a phone. Other things are impractical or not really big whoop: Dual Camera for simultaneous front/back recording may be something but it's not all that. Dual Video calls that shows what's going on in front of you while showing you too is not possible on US carriers which don't even have 1 way video calls. Group Play where up to 8 people can synchronize their music is meh as well.

Here's a good lay out of S4 features:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 to hit markets in April: All you need to know | Firstpost
    and of course here:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 specs | Android Central
    03-14-2013 11:34 PM
    The S4 has a pentile screen. The Note 2 is still better.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    universeand and Phoneguy108 like this.
    03-15-2013 12:32 AM
    Agreed, the gs4 not good enough to make a switch from my gn2
    03-15-2013 10:13 AM
    The Note 2 will be the flagship device until the Note 3 and even after that the Note 2 still will hold its own.

The S3 and S4 will be mainstream while the Note 2 and Note 3 will be cutting edge. Everyone that buys the S4 is crazy imho. Just because you could buy the Note 2. If the Note 3 is going to have something I can't live without I'll get one, but if it doesn't I'll keep on rocking my Note 2.

Just because a new device comes out every 6 months or so doesn't mean you have to get it. I guess it's the new trend?

I think as long as you're device has what you need there's no reason to go buy a new one just because there is a new version.

Like all these people talking about how they can't wait for the Note 3 that just got there Note 2 a couple of months ago. It seems to me that they aren't using there Note 2 to its fullest. If they were then they wouldn't be looking to buy a new phone just because it's the new trend. As a technology writer, I'm seeing allot of this. I understand you want to be able to do the things on you're phone you're friends can do on there's. I just think to much people are buying into all this marketing hype and it's getting out of control. Like I said there are so many people that are not even using the phone they have to its fullest then they go buy another new phone and repeat this over and over.

I understand the phone business is a hot one to be in right now and the makers just want to make money. I just think people need to be more aware that is the only reason they keep pushing out new phones so fast. That's just my 2 cents.

I love technology and to have the latest stuff. But when you already have it. Then go buy another device that does the same thing but is just a newer version is kinda crazy, like I said. I'm not saying I'm not going to buy the Note 3 I'm just saying will it be worth it. Maybe I'll wait for the Note 4.. technology is changing so fast right now you need to step back and look at the bigger picture.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the S4 has in store for us. It will give us a good idea on what the Note 3 will look like and how much of an upgrade it would be.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    I got my gn2 on Dec 1st, I love it and use it constantly and taking full advantage of all its capabilities. I don't have a desire to get the gs4 and it still remains rather I will be willing to get the gn3. I just get excited for the new technology and possibilities. we are at a point where phones are advancing probably to fast, so if you have a gs2, gs3, gs4, gn1, or gn2 you still have a great phone that probably is plenty fast and does what you need it to do with plenty of hard drive space. It's
    A great time for cell phones!
    universeand and Jude526 like this.
    03-15-2013 10:23 AM
    Those that have the S series will most likely be pleased with the S4. I chose the Note2 because it offered more. I got it Jan10th. Even if the S4 was available then I still would had chosen the Note2.
    Samsung has struck it GOOD with these devices. We get to chose from the best
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    universeand and Gray Area like this.
    03-15-2013 09:47 PM
    The same here, the larger size draws me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    03-20-2013 01:56 PM
    1. So on March 14th the S4 will be unveiled! And the Gnote 2 will no longer be the next big thing. Is it me or does the constant influx of new devices every couple of months with the latest and greatest technology a little overwhelming? The Gnote 3 is said to be out in the 3rd qtr, not even a full yr after the gn2 came out.
    Yeah 2 year contracts suck!
    03-20-2013 02:06 PM
62 123