Only 3 days left for the Note 2 as Samsung's flagship :-(

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
The only competition the note has is the Optimus g pro which looks great on paper but lgs software is usually bad and they always have carrier exclusives

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The only competition the note has is the Optimus g pro which looks great on paper but lgs software is usually bad and they always have carrier exclusives

I haven't been able to support LG ever since my family and friends had horrible me signal issues in the last. I guess like Samsung they could have improved but Samsung products strike me as better quality overall.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
First off, the GN2 is a Attention TAKER. I have never ever had a device that captivated me in the way the Note2 has.
There is something very special when you can pop the Titanic in your shirt breast pocket and endure 19 plus hours of use without worrying OMG I need another battery, or does the stewardess had a dc plug outlet in her for charging.
I doubt seriouslly as nice as the HTC One Sounds or even the pending S4 rumors are its not going to have this kind of endurance.
This is without a doubt the best Smartphone I've ever had. I love gadgets and high tech. Very interested in seeing the S4, dying to hear firm news about the GN3, but you know what? This device is so cool its quelled my thirst for other new phones, which is highly unusual for me.
As far as im concerned the GN2 is the LeBron James of Smartphones or my Phablet.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if they'll keep it the same size, or move even closer towards 'phablet' with the Gnote 3?

The rumor is a 6.3 inch screen with a 13 mp camera. This was in some legit tech article last week

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This thread is kind of funny considering the Note 2 has only been out for 4 months in the U.S. It usually takes me a good year to a year and a half or so before I really begin to get the itch to retire my current device.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The Note 2 will be the flagship device until the Note 3 and even after that the Note 2 still will hold its own.

The S3 and S4 will be mainstream while the Note 2 and Note 3 will be cutting edge. Everyone that buys the S4 is crazy imho. Just because you could buy the Note 2. If the Note 3 is going to have something I can't live without I'll get one, but if it doesn't I'll keep on rocking my Note 2.

Just because a new device comes out every 6 months or so doesn't mean you have to get it. I guess it's the new trend?

I think as long as you're device has what you need there's no reason to go buy a new one just because there is a new version.

Like all these people talking about how they can't wait for the Note 3 that just got there Note 2 a couple of months ago. It seems to me that they aren't using there Note 2 to its fullest. If they were then they wouldn't be looking to buy a new phone just because it's the new trend. As a technology writer, I'm seeing allot of this. I understand you want to be able to do the things on you're phone you're friends can do on there's. I just think to much people are buying into all this marketing hype and it's getting out of control. Like I said there are so many people that are not even using the phone they have to its fullest then they go buy another new phone and repeat this over and over.

I understand the phone business is a hot one to be in right now and the makers just want to make money. I just think people need to be more aware that is the only reason they keep pushing out new phones so fast. That's just my 2 cents.

I love technology and to have the latest stuff. But when you already have it. Then go buy another device that does the same thing but is just a newer version is kinda crazy, like I said. I'm not saying I'm not going to buy the Note 3 I'm just saying will it be worth it. Maybe I'll wait for the Note 4.. technology is changing so fast right now you need to step back and look at the bigger picture.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the S4 has in store for us. It will give us a good idea on what the Note 3 will look like and how much of an upgrade it would be.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
the note 2 will still be a very relevant phone. it will compete against the s4. i dunno about you guys but ill be selling mine while i still can get about $400+ for it. once the note 3 drops the value drops.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The Note 2 will be the flagship device until the Note 3 and even after that the Note 2 still will hold its own.

The S3 and S4 will be mainstream while the Note 2 and Note 3 will be cutting edge. Everyone that buys the S4 is crazy imho. Just because you could buy the Note 2. If the Note 3 is going to have something I can't live without I'll get one, but if it doesn't I'll keep on rocking my Note 2.

Just because a new device comes out every 6 months or so doesn't mean you have to get it. I guess it's the new trend?

I think as long as you're device has what you need there's no reason to go buy a new one just because there is a new version.

Like all these people talking about how they can't wait for the Note 3 that just got there Note 2 a couple of months ago. It seems to me that they aren't using there Note 2 to its fullest. If they were then they wouldn't be looking to buy a new phone just because it's the new trend. As a technology writer, I'm seeing allot of this. I understand you want to be able to do the things on you're phone you're friends can do on there's. I just think to much people are buying into all this marketing hype and it's getting out of control. Like I said there are so many people that are not even using the phone they have to its fullest then they go buy another new phone and repeat this over and over.

I understand the phone business is a hot one to be in right now and the makers just want to make money. I just think people need to be more aware that is the only reason they keep pushing out new phones so fast. That's just my 2 cents.

I love technology and to have the latest stuff. But when you already have it. Then go buy another device that does the same thing but is just a newer version is kinda crazy, like I said. I'm not saying I'm not going to buy the Note 3 I'm just saying will it be worth it. Maybe I'll wait for the Note 4.. technology is changing so fast right now you need to step back and look at the bigger picture.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the S4 has in store for us. It will give us a good idea on what the Note 3 will look like and how much of an upgrade it would be.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I had my note 2 for a few months and I will get the 3 immediately because I want the bigger screen, period. Nothing else but that. Pretty positive that it will be a bigger screen. If a bigger screen is important to you and the newer version has a bigger screen then what's the big deal.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had my note 2 for a few months and I will get the 3 immediately because I want the bigger screen, period. Nothing else but that. Pretty positive that it will be a bigger screen. If a bigger screen is important to you and the newer version has a bigger screen then what's the big deal.

Too bad you don't live overseas, then you could just get the Note 8 and call it a day.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If the S4 is really a 5 inch screen then will there be a Note 3...my guess is not many people use the pen. it would save Samsung a lot of money not making both devices.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you know the specs of the S4 you can't really say that.

the note 2 will still be a very relevant phone. it will compete against the s4. i dunno about you guys but ill be selling mine while i still can get about $400+ for it. once the note 3 drops the value drops.

crackcookie

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Huh...the GN2 was never the flagship phone, it was always the S3 and it will now be the S4.

Flagship isn't the biggest, it is what your company gets recognized most for as its most iconic/powerful brand, that is also the most popular.

That would be the S3...think of the GN2 as a pillar...a very large and strong pillar, but a pillar none the less.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Huh...the GN2 was never the flagship phone, it was always the S3 and it will now be the S4.

Flagship isn't the biggest, it is what your company gets recognized most for as its most iconic/powerful brand, that is also the most popular.

That would be the S3...think of the GN2 as a pillar...a very large and strong pillar, but a pillar none the less.

This is along the lines of what I think. Flagship is the phone that the company sinks the most money into.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Given that the Note line is actually the creme de la creme of the Sammy phone family, new touches for the S line are harbingers of even better things to come for the Note. Not to mention that Sammy can work things out on the S line before rolling them out for the Note.

Riding a Note 2 blast

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the s4 will be as good as the one? That phone is growing on me. Note 2 isn't even comparable, in a league of its very own.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I was at my company's spring manager meeting today. 3 of us had the Note2. That says something. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the s4 will be as good as the one? That phone is growing on me. Note 2 isn't even comparable, in a league of its very own.

If the one comes to vzw and a lot of sites are saying it is I may be forced to buy one, it's gorgeous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12