Hi guys

After the recent upgrade my battery life just isn't as good as it was!!!!

I have just installed the free version of Juice defender but have I done the right thing or should I not have anything on there as I didn't have a battery app before the update

During the night and day when my phone is off if I look at the J Defender log I can see times for a schedule start then a schedule stop also data enabled/disabled what is it doing as it does it a lot

any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Andy
    03-12-2013 05:31 PM
    Since JB 4.1.2 on my Note II; my battery life has increased significantly.
    My device has been off the charger for 14h34m, with the highest usage at 38% related to screen on time at 2h29min...and still have 60% life left!
    I have email sync at 5min on 4 different accounts, weather notifications set for 30min and flipboard updates every 30min.
    Based on my usage, my battery life is amazing!
    03-12-2013 07:53 PM
    Hi guys

After the recent upgrade my battery life just isn't as good as it was!!!!

I have just installed the free version of Juice defender but have I done the right thing or should I not have anything on there as I didn't have a battery app before the update

During the night and day when my phone is off if I look at the J Defender log I can see times for a schedule start then a schedule stop also data enabled/disabled what is it doing as it does it a lot

any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Andy
    I use Deep Sleep Battery Saver Pro
    03-12-2013 08:20 PM
    Thanks Evo I will have a look at that one
    03-12-2013 08:32 PM
    Thanks Evo I will have a look at that one
    Andy, you need to find the root cause of the problem. Better Battery Stats. Will show you WHY. Then you can take intelligent action.
    03-12-2013 09:16 PM
    I've found no need for a battery saver app since getting the Note 2.
    03-12-2013 10:02 PM
    Im still thinking the battery drainage is a temp problem. That after a few days of letting it run down and charging it that it gors back to normal.

When my razr maxx was going through the ICS People were complaining the battery drain was noticeable. Apparently it went back to normal after a few charging cycles.
    It seems any OTA update that large zaps the battery for a bit.
    Im not sure, this was the explanation given during that time, and it seemed to hold true.

By the way... I seem to get a lil better battery life on my note2 by leaving the power saver OFF. Go figure.. my brother says his SIII is the same way

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-12-2013 11:27 PM
    Andy, you need to find the root cause of the problem. Better Battery Stats. Will show you WHY. Then you can take intelligent action.
    I know you are right the thing is some of the information on these apps is quite hard to decipher to a non techie like myself

I suppose I am slightly disappointed as the battery life is still good but noticeably not as good as it was before this update.

I don't have many apps on this phone it is mainly stock I am even thinking of deleting juice defender as it doesn't tell me much either.
    03-13-2013 03:47 AM